Prepaid Internet

I guess I am too stupid to use the search as it doesn't seem to work for me. Can I prepay for Internet, I don't see anything on the RCI site about that.

Thanks and sorry I couldn't search!

Yes, go on your cruise planner and you should have an option to purchase internet.

What's the point in prepaying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discount and we also like to pay in advance for as much stuff as we can so we aren't paying for the trip after we take it! :D

I have a question about prepaid Internet. We are sailing on the Navigator 6 January 17 until 15 January 17. We are Diamond Plus. First, does the Navigator have Voom? What is the most economical way to go, just the Diamond Plus Discount or pre purchase on the cruise planner?

I have a question about prepaid Internet. We are sailing on the Navigator 6 January 17 until 15 January 17. We are Diamond Plus. First, does the Navigator have Voom? What is the most economical way to go, just the Diamond Plus Discount or pre purchase on the cruise planner?

All of Royal's ships have VOOM now, as Royal redefined VOOM to be whatever the ship had on May 1.

However, it's not the fast O3b service.

If you are getting a discount on your Cruise Planner, I would go with that.

Edited by clarea

Normally I would agree with Bob, but with some strategic use, you are better off using your D+ discount on board.

Prepaying should be 81.81 (9 x 9.09). If you wait till the morning of day two and buy two days with the first coupon and then buy the reminder of the cruise with your second coupon on day 4 your total cost should be 24.95 (5 x 12.99 - 40). Even if you buy upon boarding your cost should be 76.91 (9 x 12.99 - 40).

Edited by Biker19

Normally I would agree with Bob, but with some strategic use, you are better off using your D+ discount on board.

Prepaying should be 81.81 (9 x 9.09). If you wait till the morning of day two and buy two days with the first coupon and then buy the reminder of the cruise with your second coupon on day 4 your total cost should be 24.95 (5 x 12.99 - 40). Even if you buy upon boarding your cost should be 76.91 (9 x 12.99 - 40).

The problem is that we don't know exactly what the poster wants to buy, there are variables like number of devices and level of service. Once the package price gets to a certain level, the percentage discount from pre-cruse purchase exceeds the flat amount discount from the C&A coupon.

The problem is that we don't know exactly what the poster wants to buy, there are variables like number of devices and level of service. Once the package price gets to a certain level, the percentage discount from pre-cruse purchase exceeds the flat amount discount from the C&A coupon.

Quite right, I should always caveat my answer that it is for one device SURF package.

Sorry, forgot to mention I was looking at 2 devices, but 1 device is an option. We do not need streaming to watch videos. Our 24 year old son will be joining us for the cruise. I doubt he will have any interest in the Internet for the 9 days.

Thank you for all your input. What Biker19 suggested is what we did on the our B2B cruise on the Adventurer in April.

Sorry to jump on board.

Can someone please answer my question.

My husband is wanting the Internet on his laptop and my son wants it on his iPad. Does this mean I need to get the 1 devise per person ?

Thanks

Sorry to jump on board.

Can someone please answer my question.

My husband is wanting the Internet on his laptop and my son wants it on his iPad. Does this mean I need to get the 1 devise per person ?

Thanks

No, you can get a two device package for one person and they can share that package.

For calculating the better deal you also need to take into account the number of cruise nights and your C& A status. DH and I are D+. We are going on the Anthem 5 nights and we will take advantage of our 2 - 24 hour free sessions. For our 24 nights on the Explorer Seattle to Sydney we will advance purchase 1 device. (Even using our D+ benefit it would cost more to wait to purchase on board.)

I'm a D+ also and pre-purchased my internet...thought once I got onboard if using my discount would have worked out better I would just cancel my pre-purchase...it didn't. I got the Surf one device in one of our names (no need to pay for two names) and for the two weeks on Adventure it came to $63.63 per week. I thought it was a great deal...and worked perfect for us.

• 5 weeks later...
Or, if dad and son can arrange it so they are not on at the same time you can get by with a one device package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really? Thank you!! Not like sharing a drink package? [emoji15] I am glad you said that even though we'll likely both use one tablet.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Or, if dad and son can arrange it so they are not on at the same time you can get by with a one device package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Am I correct in assuming that if I take 2 devices (IPad & cell phone) I can use both as long as I only use 1 at any given time? Say the IPad is charging & I want to surf the web on my phone or vice versa that'll work w/ the Voom 1 device package?

Am I correct in assuming that if I take 2 devices (IPad & cell phone) I can use both as long as I only use 1 at any given time? Say the IPad is charging & I want to surf the web on my phone or vice versa that'll work w/ the Voom 1 device package?

Yes you are correct - only one device can be on at any one time on the 1 device package.