20% Discount on Ultimate and Premium Package just appeared today (Anthem March 2017)

Thanks Bob, but it's the same one (04/26/2016):p

Anyway, the 40% wine discount is an increase cause It states 20% discount on wine bottles for the ultimate package on a PDF from 2015

dp

Doesn't the version I posted say the 40% off is for bottles over $100 and your version says the 40% off is for bottles under $100?

Doesn't the version I posted say the 40% off is for bottles over $100 and your version says the 40% off is for bottles under $100?

You're absolutely right Bob, I did not even see the difference. I might be partly dyslexic :confused: I read somewhere that 10 out of 4 people could be dyslexic:D

So i'm keeping both copies and bring them with me :D

It's no wonder people have a hard time getting the package information straight.:eek:

Many know more than I, but here is what I know: Unlike the specialty restaurants and shows that are usually available on the cruise planner about 90 days out, the Beverage packages are usually available from the day you book. When I booked our Anthem March 2017 cruise back in November 2015, (461 days out), the beverage packages were available. We are also booked through a TA, so I don't think that is the reason you can't see them in your Cruise Planner. I suggest you give your TA a call and figure out why you can't see the packages in your Cruise Planner. In all likelihood, your TA will have to call RCI and sort things out. It may also be just a technical glitch, RCI is famous for those:rolleyes:

dp

I am also booked in April of 2017. I had been able to see drink packages up until I saw this thread and wanted to check for a discount. Now it says they are unavailable. I'm taking this as a positive sign that they're busy applying the discounts to our cruise.

I am also booked in April of 2017. I had been able to see drink packages up until I saw this thread and wanted to check for a discount. Now it says they are unavailable. I'm taking this as a positive sign that they're busy applying the discounts to our cruise.

I hope you're right and wish you the best of luck :D

dp

Many know more than I, but here is what I know: Unlike the specialty restaurants and shows that are usually available on the cruise planner about 90 days out, the Beverage packages are usually available from the day you book. When I booked our Anthem March 2017 cruise back in November 2015, (461 days out), the beverage packages were available. We are also booked through a TA, so I don't think that is the reason you can't see them in your Cruise Planner. I suggest you give your TA a call and figure out why you can't see the packages in your Cruise Planner. In all likelihood, your TA will have to call RCI and sort things out. It may also be just a technical glitch, RCI is famous for those:rolleyes:

dp

I don't think this is true, as only spa and (maybe) excursions are available on my June cruise. And I've been looking - the only way I will get a package is with the sale. Even then, I have to seriously consider how much I will drink.

Thanks to the OP, as my January Harmony cruise was on sale. I had just checked Minday, so I may have missed it!

on our march 17 cruise its says have to book drinks package and excursions on board ?? can only pre book voom is that normal ?

Yes, it's normal for certain items to open for booking later. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.

I'll just add that I'm sailing Anthem this Saturday (July 23) and I purchased the premium package with the 20% discount several months ago and it is still available to purchase today, just 3 days before sailing. I'm pretty sure today is probably the last day but it has been available for some time without interruption. From perusing the forums, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how rccl does anything.

I'd recommend purchasing the package when the discount is available and you can always cancel it. Of course, if you have sizeable obc, that's a nice way to offset the price but you have to wait until you board.

Good cruising!!

I've been eyeballing our cruise planner for our Anthem cruise Next March for this elusive 20% I kept reading about. Yesterday, No Discount, Today... 20% off. So I got ourselves each the Ultimate pkg for the 7 Day cruise. There was no discount on the non-alcoholic packages, and also the Select package was not available/listed.

In CAD pricing, the Premium is $57.20 + 18% and the Ultimate is $59.80 + 18% ($70.56). Yesterday, the ultimate was $90 CAD including the 18%. Seems to me the price difference between the 2 packages doesn't make sense, but I checked 4 or 5 times. Might be an error, but anyhow, my UP are bought and paid for :D.

dp

Wished I would have read this first!:o Just saw the 20% discount on beverage packages for our March cruise on Oasis, so I deleted our pre-purchased Select beer & wine packages, intending to re-purchase the same packages at the discounted rate; however, lo and behold, the Select beer & wine package is no longer offered!!!!!!:mad: Really pissed me off! Should have looked first! Lesson learned, I guess.:( Just think RCCL pulled a fast one!!

Wished I would have read this first!:o Just saw the 20% discount on beverage packages for our March cruise on Oasis, so I deleted our pre-purchased Select beer & wine packages, intending to re-purchase the same packages at the discounted rate; however, lo and behold, the Select beer & wine package is no longer offered!!!!!!:mad: Really pissed me off! Should have looked first! Lesson learned, I guess.:( Just think RCCL pulled a fast one!!

Damn... Hopefully, the select will pop back up, but it might still be available for purchase on board. And between now and March, there will likely be many other changes anyway.

dp

Damn... Hopefully, the select will pop back up, but it might still be available for purchase on board. And between now and March, there will likely be many other changes anyway.

dp

Yeah, you're right; things are constantly changing and prices will probably continue to rise!:( I did go ahead and purchase the UP for now @ the discount and can always cancel it later if I so choose. Huh, wonder if RCCL will do away with that option too!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up. Got me to look at my cruise planner on Navigator in March and it was on there! Ultimate was $46/pp and Premium $44/pp plus gratuities, so we booked the ultimate as it was better value. If they have another sale where premium is $44/pp with gratuities included, we'd switch to that so I'll keep watching!

Thanks for the heads up. Got me to look at my cruise planner on Navigator in March and it was on there! Ultimate was $46/pp and Premium $44/pp plus gratuities, so we booked the ultimate as it was better value. If they have another sale where premium is $44/pp with gratuities included, we'd switch to that so I'll keep watching!

I wonder why the Ultimate Package is only $2 more than premium. The spread used to be bigger than that. I can't see why anyone would get the premium when $2 more gets you the ultimate.

dp

Edited by dpostman

dp

We don't sail again until October of 2017. I tried to check the beverage package prices, but the message is that it's too soon to book. Congratulations to everyone on getting the discount!

Wished I would have read this first!:o Just saw the 20% discount on beverage packages for our March cruise on Oasis, so I deleted our pre-purchased Select beer & wine packages, intending to re-purchase the same packages at the discounted rate; however, lo and behold, the Select beer & wine package is no longer offered!!!!!!:mad: ... Just think RCCL pulled a fast one!!

We recommend you call RCI (866-562-7625) to discuss this. We just looked at our cruise planner today, for the first time ever (Radiance October/November cruises), and it shows the Select beverage package being offered with a 20% discount. That comes to 38.94 per day, including 18% service charge. You should not have to purchase one of the much more expensive packages if the Select has what you want to drink. Good luck.

We recommend you call RCI (866-562-7625) to discuss this. We just looked at our cruise planner today, for the first time ever (Radiance October/November cruises), and it shows the Select beverage package being offered with a 20% discount. That comes to 38.94 per day, including 18% service charge. You should not have to purchase one of the much more expensive packages if the Select has what you want to drink. Good luck.

I am on the Anthem in January and have the same issue, 2 packages being offered at a discount the select package is not being offered at all.

Can anyone tell me what brand of bottled water Royal uses? This is going to sound silly, but the fact that bottled water may be the selling point on the beverage package for my traveling buddy and I.

Edited by butterfly278

Can anyone tell me what brand of bottled water Royal uses? This is going to sound silly, but the fact that bottled water may be the selling point on the beverage package for my traveling buddy and I.

The bottled water in the package is not predictable. I've seen Crystal Geyser, Ice Mountain, and others.

Thank you so much for this information! Between me and my husband buying the Ultimate Package for our cruise at the end of January you saved us $196.75!! Yahoo! I love this board!!

Thank you for posting this!!

Thank you so much for this information! Between me and my husband buying the Ultimate Package for our cruise at the end of January you saved us $196.75!! Yahoo! I love this board!!

Thank you for posting this!!

I've gotten so much help on this board, that If I can help even a little bit that's great. And being the "Alcohol Enthusiast" that I am, helping out with booze is even better .

drinks.gifbeer-drinking.gif

dp

I'm not sure if the USD pricing got a small adjustment, but the CAD pricing was increased last night for both PP and UP.

On Tuesday, when I purchased, the Premium and Ultimate were respectively - in CAD$ - $57.20 and $59.80 (Both +18%). During the day yesterday (Wednesday) the prices had not changed, but last night I checked and the prices had been adjusted to PP $59.80 (Exactly what the UP was before) and the UP went to $62.40 Factoring in the 18% on the difference, the price went up over 5% after one day of the discount offer. My cruising buddies in our group are going to regret not getting the package ASAP like I told them.:p

I assume that once Royal removes the 20% discount, the packages will be that much higher again.

dp

Edited by dpostman

We don't sail again until October of 2017. I tried to check the beverage package prices, but the message is that it's too soon to book. Congratulations to everyone on getting the discount!

October 2017 here as well , I'll just keep checking .....

The UP and PP are both 20% off on or I sailing. UP is $48 and PP is $46. Can someone tell me what the regular prices are? I have an UP sitting in my cart for dh. I don't think it is worth purchasing but he insists it will be. It wasn't on our last cruise. ;-)