Vista or Dream

aandrseidl

I am so torn and looking for some help. Planning a cruise for next year and not sure which ship. We have been on the Breeze and love it. Great ship, love the layout and plenty to do. Never have been on the Dream, but love the ports of call.

The Vista is new and seems exciting, but much more expensive and we have been to all the ports of call. So what to do. The Newer ship, but quite a bit more expensive and ports we have been to or The older ship, but better price and new ports....

I'd pick the older ship, new ports and better price.

And I would do the opposite, newer ship and different excursions or activities in the familar ports.

There are some ports that I've been to a dozen times, and I can still find something new to do in them.

The Vista is new and seems exciting, but much more expensive

By "much more expensive" are we talking a couple of hundred dollars or $1,000? That would be a factor for me.

We sailed on the Dream last year and, although it was a great cruise, I don't know that I could say that she's my favorite ship. The only thing that MIGHT make me say that she was my favorite would be the cove balcony but that's also available on the Vista, I believe.

As for the ports that you mentioned, I've been to all of them and, personally, I would choose the ports that's with the Vista, so I would be inclined to lean that way, depending on the price difference between the two.

thanks for all the feedback - we are talking more than a $1,000 more expensive.... Yikes!!!

I agree, YIKES!

Then, yes, I would definitely do the Dream and give the Vista time for the prices to become a little more reasonable. I'm sure you'll have a great time either way. After all, you're on a CRUISE!

ports of call on Vista are San Juan, Grand Turk, St Kitts and St Marteen. Ports of call for Dream are Cozumel, Belize and Mahogany Bay.

Our 8 day Dream cruise this December has Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel as the ports of call.

For what it's worth, we like our Dream cruise more than our cruise on the Breeze, although we did miss Guy's Burgers. The MDR on the Dream had much better service than the Breeze and the food was better too....came out quicker and warmer.

I'm dying to do the Vista, but like others, waiting for the prices to settle down a bit.

I'd wait. And we'll probably do the Dream or Breeze again .....

I am so torn and looking for some help. Planning a cruise for next year and not sure which ship. We have been on the Breeze and love it. Great ship, love the layout and plenty to do. Never have been on the Dream, but love the ports of call.

The Vista is new and seems exciting, but much more expensive and we have been to all the ports of call. So what to do. The Newer ship, but quite a bit more expensive and ports we have been to or The older ship, but better price and new ports....

We always go for the newer ship. VISTA

I don't buy into the myth that a newer ship automatically means a much better ship. I have actually enjoyed the Dream much more than Breeze or Magic. Some things about the Vista seem like they might be kind of good, but there are some things they took away that I would really miss. So a very slightly older ship may actually be the better ship for you, as it is for me & many others. Many people express that they even prefer the smallest & oldest ships.

I do think that with those 2 itineraries, the Vista's is better. That is an excellent itinerary! With the price difference being that much, however, I would go with the Dream now & wait for the Vista to come down in price. I may prefer the Vista's itinerary, but Dream's is still a very good one. I love Roatan! One of the best ports out there, as long as you get away from that manmade Mahogany Bay right next to the ship. Take a tour of that amazing island.

I don't buy into the myth that a newer ship automatically means a much better ship. I have actually enjoyed the Dream much more than Breeze or Magic. Some things about the Vista seem like they might be kind of good, but there are some things they took away that I would really miss. So a very slightly older ship may actually be the better ship for you, as it is for me & many others. Many people express that they even prefer the smallest & oldest ships.

I do think that with those 2 itineraries, the Vista's is better. That is an excellent itinerary! With the price difference being that much, however, I would go with the Dream now & wait for the Vista to come down in price. I may prefer the Vista's itinerary, but Dream's is still a very good one. I love Roatan! One of the best ports out there, as long as you get away from that manmade Mahogany Bay right next to the ship. Take a tour of that amazing island.

I certainly don't know if it is a myth, but from my perspective the Vista is a significantly better ship (in this particular case). OP, give the Vista a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I certainly don't know if it is a myth, but from my perspective the Vista is a significantly better ship (in this particular case). OP, give the Vista a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

The more than $ 1000 difference pays for a good deal of their next cruise. Too big a difference.

I was not a fan of the Dream when I sailed her in 2014. The latest reviews, that I am reading on the Dream aren't much better. I know that you have already sailed the Breeze, but have you considered going to Galveston and sailing her again? Breeze does the same itineraries that the Dream does. You could also consider the Freedom from Galveston. She is a great ship as well, she is not as big as the Breeze but has many of the same venues that the Breeze has. Again, Freedom sails to the same ports. Just something to think about.

I think the dream is beautiful but is is lacking the new foods like the blue cantina and guys. It doesn't have alchemy or red frog pub. I would wait to sail on her when she gets the upgrades and maybe sail freedom since you already have sailed the breeze. Freedom is at Galveston with the 7day same itineraries

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I much prefer the vista ports, but I prefer eastern/southern Carib over western. There are a few western ports I like but given s choice I'll go eastern or southern anytime. I would actually go on neither cruise. $1000 is too much of a price difference, and I wouldn't want to go on the dream ports. I would rather go on another ship that goes to ports I prefer, even if it's an older ship than the dream. But that's just me, I don't get into all the bells and whistles of new ships.