Discount on a future cruise: how long before we receive it?

I know the stock answer is "a long time," but can anyone narrow it down for me?

We were on the May 29-June 5 Serenade cruise and had some minor maintenance issues in our cabin (had to call the front desk three times to get it finally fixed). We were surprised (and pleased) to find a letter in our cabin the next day apologizing for the inconvenience and giving us a 15% discount on the cost of the cabin for a future cruise, good for two years. The letter said RCCL would communicate this credit to our travel agent.

I sent the TA a copy of the letter and, of course, kept the original. Any idea how long before this credit will show up with the TA? Looking at vacation for next summer and this credit might help me decide. :)

We got a similar credit on a cruise on Allure last year. I think the letter said that if we hadn't received the FCC within 6 weeks to call them. Big surprise I had to call them then send a copy of the letter by email. Once this was done I got the credit and subsequently following the instructions used it without any issues.

You might need to give them a ring but once you do it will all be sorted out quickly

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you have a TA they should be able to call their RCL rep and investigate when the discount will be available. If your TA is not too keen on helping you then I think it is time for a new one. Our TA would have called as soon as they got a copy of the letter, without us asking.

We were on the Harmony on exactly the same dates as you and we were told we would here from them within 30 days - we didn't. I left it another week but then I contacted them via the 'Contact us' bit on their website, i just filled in the e-mail form and within about 3 days the certificate was e-mailed through me. I would definitely chase it up, you don't want to get forgotton about.

I know the stock answer is "a long time," but can anyone narrow it down for me?

We were on the May 29-June 5 Serenade cruise and had some minor maintenance issues in our cabin (had to call the front desk three times to get it finally fixed). We were surprised (and pleased) to find a letter in our cabin the next day apologizing for the inconvenience and giving us a 15% discount on the cost of the cabin for a future cruise, good for two years. The letter said RCCL would communicate this credit to our travel agent.

I sent the TA a copy of the letter and, of course, kept the original. Any idea how long before this credit will show up with the TA? Looking at vacation for next summer and this credit might help me decide. :)

You should have received it by now. We received our certificate, by email, less than two weeks after we got off our cruise.

Just wanted to report back that we received an email a couple of days ago with the future cruise credit. It's unclear if it also went to the TA, so I'll let her know as well.

One more question: There were four of us on this cruise and the credit wasn't give as a total amount for the entire cabin, but allotted among the four of us. For example, Cruiser 1 was credited $4, Cruiser 2 $3, and Cruisers 3 and 4 $1 each, rather than $9 total for the cabin. (Those aren't the actual dollar amounts, obviously! ;))

So, if only two or three of us cruise again in the future, do we get to use the full $9? Or only the amounts credited to us individually? (I should also say that we all have the same last name, if that makes any difference.)

Edited by Kellie in Texas

... So, if only two or three of us cruise again in the future, do we get to use the full $9? Or only the amounts credited to us individually? (I should also say that we all have the same last name, if that makes any difference.)

You only get to use the amounts individually.

Hello there.

If you were offered a Future Cruise Certificate, you typically received it within 30 business days. However, if you haven't received your certificate within 30 days, please call our Royal Customer Service Department at 1-800-256-6649.

We hope this info helps!