Bought upgrade to Neptune suite - amenities?

topsailgirl

You could get an upsell offer or another free upgrade. Since there are only two SZ on each ship that are often oversold as guarantees, the odds of moving up are pretty good. Most likely to SY. But really the only difference between SZ and SY or SS is the location.

For me, location is as important as cabin size. I can't tolerate those bow cabins nor the stern ones. Best for me is mid-ships and for a cabin, a Neptune.

We are not allowed to name or discuss travel agents on Cruise Critic.

True! But the works can be shared when emails are exchanged. I believe in security as much as anyone, but there are times when an offer or a great tip can only be enjoyed by sharing - and this is done by side channels or emails.

Thanks DaveOKC. Anyone have experience with paid upgrades through Costco Travel? They have been excellent to work with so far, but I wonder if they don't want to mess with upgrades like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will not call you but you can call them to ask if upsells are available. They will place you on hold while they contact HAL to see what upsells are available.

Upgrades are another issue and if you said on your booking that you will accept a free upgrade HAL has the option to upgrade you but no one will call to let you know. It will appear on your booking documents.

Edited by oaktreerb

They will not call you but you can call them to ask if upsells are available. They will place you on hold while they contact HAL to see what upsells are available.

Upgrades are another issue and if you said on your booking that you will accept a free upgrade HAL has the option to upgrade you but no one will call to let you know. It will appear on your booking documents.

That does not sound acceptable to me. In my experience, if a good upsell offer comes out it is quickly grabbed up, so if you have to call the TA to ask them to call HAL to see if any are available, it is very unlikely that you will get a good one. You would have to be very lucky with great timing to make this procedure work IMO - and I am just not that lucky.

The upsell process is one of the reasons I book directly with HAL. Yes, there may be some TA prices out there that are better, but given the cabins I book and the time of year I book (generally off-peak season), I often get upsell offers. And these upsells can save me a ton of money.