Bought upgrade to Neptune suite - amenities?

topsailgirl

I am booked on an Alaska cruise on the Westerdam and originally booked a signature suite. we got a call asking if we would like to buy an upgrade to the Neptune suite. We took the offer. however based upon some things I have read here I am wondering if we will get all the perks of being in a Neptune suite such as being able to use the Neptune lounge, complementary laundry, hors d'oeuvres if we want them etc. I'm not concerned about the mariner points, just the other perks. does anyone know the answer? thanks for any information you can send my way.

I am booked on an Alaska cruise on the Westerdam and originally booked a signature suite. we got a call asking if we would like to buy an upgrade to the Neptune suite. We took the offer. however based upon some things I have read here I am wondering if we will get all the perks of being in a Neptune suite such as being able to use the Neptune lounge, complementary laundry, hors d'oeuvres if we want them etc. I'm not concerned about the mariner points, just the other perks. does anyone know the answer? thanks for any information you can send my way.

We have done this several times and can say for certain that you will get all of the normal Neptune perks (even double Mariner points since you originally booked a Signature suite). No one will know that you got your cabin through a paid (or free) upgrade.

So, do not worry about it and enjoy this wonderful cabin and the perks.

We have done this several times and can say for certain that you will get all of the normal Neptune perks (even double Mariner points since you originally booked a Signature suite). No one will know that you got your cabin through a paid (or free) upgrade.

So, do not worry about it and enjoy this wonderful cabin and the perks.

I agree! We have upgraded to a Neptune suite on several transatlantic cruises and received all benefits. How far in advance of sailing did you receive the call?

I received the offer today and we sail in about three weeks. i've been keeping my eye on the Neptune suites and I know that they still had a fair number of them that had not been booked. But all of the signatures had been so I assume that was why they were giving out offers so they could open up the signatures.

I received the offer today and we sail in about three weeks. i've been keeping my eye on the Neptune suites and I know that they still had a fair number of them that had not been booked. But all of the signatures had been so I assume that was why they were giving out offers so they could open up the signatures.

Without knowing the status and number of Guarantee bookings, you can't tell just how many are available.

oh, I didn't think of that! you're right. Who knows what lurks in the minds of the people doing pricing on cruise ships!

You are probably more right than wrong. For our Alaska cruise this year, the SS to SA upsell offer came four weeks before we sailed. You will definitely enjoy it!

You are probably more right than wrong. For our Alaska cruise this year, the SS to SA upsell offer came four weeks before we sailed. You will definitely enjoy it!

Except Guarantee assignments can be anywhere up to dockside...again, no way to know, unless the category says "None Available".

Except Guarantee assignments can be anywhere up to dockside...again, no way to know, unless the category says "None Available".

The OP already received her upsell! They must have the Guarantees covered to be able to offer the upsells.

oh, I didn't think of that! you're right. Who knows what lurks in the minds of the people doing pricing on cruise ships!

NOBODY does!

No reason for you not to get the perks, even if it's an upgrade rather than an upsell. The free laundry is great. The turnaround time on laundry has always been faster than the 2-day time they tell you. I love that I don't have to pack a full cruise-worth of underwear, socks, and t-shirts.

The downside is that you can get hooked on the Neptune suite and won't want to go back "down" to the Sig suite. That's part of why HAL offers this, to reel you in. ;)

The OP already received her upsell! They must have the Guarantees covered to be able to offer the upsells.

I get that. The OP was saying the Neptunes weren't selling well as there appeared to be a number of Neptunes available. However, until the GTYs are assigned, you can't know how many Neptunes are available.

Example. There are 10 Neptunes listed as available. However, there are 9 people who have a Neptune GTY. If those were assigned, there would only be 1 listed as available. However, what HAL does, until GTYs are assigned, lists all available Neptunes, so that you can have your choice of all the available Neptunes, to interest the shopper. However, once you book and select a Neptune, suddenly all the Neptunes are now booked, as they have to hold those 9 for GTY assignment.

This has been documented here in various combos several times.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I get that. The OP was saying the Neptunes weren't selling well as there appeared to be a number of Neptunes available. However, until the GTYs are assigned, you can't know how many Neptunes are available.

I get what you are saying as well. The HAL site now shows "Sold Out" on Signatures and Neptunes for the next three NADM cruises. It could have been just a few upsells available and now filled with Guarantees. The good part is the OP received one.

When I received my recent upsell to a SA, there were 17 available on the HAL site. I used that as an indicator that there may be the possibility of an offer, and there was. I also had a few to choose from.

Who calls when there is an upgrade available, HAL or the TA? We booked through Costco. Had two assigned Noordam Verandah cabins. Prices dropped and HAL upgraded us to SZ Guarantee. Wondering if we might get an upgrade offer closer to cruise date, or if we are knocked off list because of the upgrade due to fare decrease.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've taken three Neptune upsets and loved the suites. They are very spacious with a large bathroom and a separate dressing area. We were right across from the neptune so it was very convenient to get a little snack. I had some breakfasts there when we were leaving the ship early with cappuccino and bread with cheese and cold cuts. It was nice to just grab a quick snack after being out all day. The concierge service came in handy a few times and the concierge was always friendly and smiling. Breakfast in the Pinnacle was another nice amenity. Our first Neptune suite did not have double points since it was before they were offering them. Laundry service was also something I appreciated and it usually came back the same day. Love the Neptune.

The shadow knows:D

enjoy your upgrade have always sailed in a Neptune and the persons in charge are the best. Any problem they are there to set it right.

What perks do you think will not be available to you?

in the fine print of the offer we received it says that " promotional or state room amenities are based on The non-discounted category paid not the upgraded stateroom category.". I was originally in a signature suite. The Neptune suite has a number of amenities that the SS does not such as free laundry, access to the Neptune Lounge, priority tendering and dining requests and so forth. Also breakfast in the Pinnacle. from what the fine print says, it would seem that we would not have these amenities, but I found hard to imagine how someone would know that we were not originally in a Neptune suite when they would look at our room card. BUt you never know! I did not want to find this out on board! I figured there were folks out there who had done exactly what we had done and who speak to their experiences with getting the amenities.

in the fine print of the offer we received it says that " promotional or state room amenities are based on The non-discounted category paid not the upgraded stateroom category.". I was originally in a signature suite. The Neptune suite has a number of amenities that the SS does not such as free laundry, access to the Neptune Lounge, priority tendering and dining requests and so forth. Also breakfast in the Pinnacle. from what the fine print says, it would seem that we would not have these amenities, but I found hard to imagine how someone would know that we were not originally in a Neptune suite when they would look at our room card. BUt you never know! I did not want to find this out on board! I figured there were folks out there who had done exactly what we had done and who speak to their experiences with getting the amenities.

That disclaimer is there only because of the double mariner days. Whether you get single or double days depends on the level you originally bought. But I can see how it would make you wonder if you'd be some kind of "lesser" Neptune passenger. I suspect most people don't even read the "fine print," so good for you for being a prepared passenger. And enjoy that Neptune!!

Who calls when there is an upgrade available, HAL or the TA? We booked through Costco. Had two assigned Noordam Verandah cabins. Prices dropped and HAL upgraded us to SZ Guarantee. Wondering if we might get an upgrade offer closer to cruise date, or if we are knocked off list because of the upgrade due to fare decrease.

If you book through HAL (either direct number or one of their PCCs, the email is sent directly to you. If you book though ANY other TA, it goes to the TA and then the TA contacts you (either phone or email, depending). Some TAs are great at handling this, others seem not to want to be bothered, so your results could vary.

Wondering if we might get an upgrade offer closer to cruise date, or if we are knocked off list because of the upgrade due to fare decrease.

You could get an upsell offer or another free upgrade. Since there are only two SZ on each ship that are often oversold as guarantees, the odds of moving up are pretty good. Most likely to SY. But really the only difference between SZ and SY or SS is the location.

Edited by jtl513

On our last cruise (on the Koningsdam), we booked a Signature Suite through a TA. One week before the cruise, we were emailed an upgrade-to-Neptune offer, at the same time our TA received hers. Naturally, we jumped on it immediately.

My question - do those booked in a Vista suite also get upgrade offers to a Neptune suite, or only those originally booked in a Signature suite?

On our last cruise (on the Koningsdam), we booked a Signature Suite through a TA. One week before the cruise, we were emailed an upgrade-to-Neptune offer, at the same time our TA received hers. Naturally, we jumped on it immediately.

My question - do those booked in a Vista suite also get upgrade offers to a Neptune suite, or only those originally booked in a Signature suite?

On the smaller HAL ships I have taken an upsell from a Vista to a Neptune (there are no Signatures on these ships). Also, I have heard of people in a Veranda being offered upsells to either Signature or Neptune cabins.

Since there are many more Neptune Suites on the larger ships, you are much more likely to get upsell offers on them.

What I have done on occasion is sign up on the roll call and watch it sometimes those on my cruise will state they got an offer than I will call my TA and have them call to see if there is an offer out there for me, worked the one time I tried it, than I booked it myself from there on out and they would send me an email.

If you book through HAL (either direct number or one of their PCCs, the email is sent directly to you. If you book though ANY other TA, it goes to the TA and then the TA contacts you (either phone or email, depending). Some TAs are great at handling this, others seem not to want to be bothered, so your results could vary.

Thanks DaveOKC. Anyone have experience with paid upgrades through Costco Travel? They have been excellent to work with so far, but I wonder if they don't want to mess with upgrades like this.