First timer review of Sirena

NIX70

It is interesting to read these early opinions on Jacques Bistro and Red Ginger.

So far they don't seem to fulfill the expectations but of course, it is way too early.

Let's wait and see what the statistics over time will tell Oceania and if they will be positive enough to change the other R ships to the new restaurant format.

We'll be on the Sirena in December and I am anxious to see what my opinion on this subject will be.

Look forward to your comments. We'll be on her for Australia cruise in March - for 34 days!

Barring unforeseen disasters we will be on Sirena in October and will be happy to post OUR impressions of the specialty restaurants.

I have booked two dinners in the new combo restaurant but only one in Red Ginger. We haven't been enamored of RG on Marina, so we may cancel that one before the night but I thought it was a good idea to have a reservation in hand.

Truth in Lending Proviso: On the "O" ships Jacques is our favorite restaurant, RG is our least favorite. So it remains to be seen what WE think about the specialties and the new "lunch" system in GDR.

Further Truth in Lending: We do like Terrace and GDR! This is only a 14 day cruise so we may end up reducing our specialty restaurant adventures but out of concern for later passengers, we will at least keep the first "Tuscan" reservation!

Mura

Barring unforeseen disasters we will be on Sirena in October and will be happy to post OUR impressions of the specialty restaurants.

I have booked two dinners in the new combo restaurant but only one in Red Ginger. We haven't been enamored of RG on Marina, so we may cancel that one before the night but I thought it was a good idea to have a reservation in hand.

Truth in Lending Proviso: On the "O" ships Jacques is our favorite restaurant, RG is our least favorite. So it remains to be seen what WE think about the specialties and the new "lunch" system in GDR.

Further Truth in Lending: We do like Terrace and GDR! This is only a 14 day cruise so we may end up reducing our specialty restaurant adventures but out of concern for later passengers, we will at least keep the first "Tuscan" reservation!

Mura

only been on one oceania cruise- more booked but loved red ginger. Jacques was very good and could not get into it twice!

We board sirena next week August 19. Barcelona to Rome. I was surprised to read that due to bad weather you could not dock in St Tropez or Monaco. Both ports are on our itinerary. Were the seas rough ? Did you stay overnight at the one port ?

I'm hoping some of the issues who wrote about are resolved. Still looking forward to a beautiful vacation

Cindy

Edited by Michaelsbuddy

We board sirena next week August 19. Barcelona to Rome. I was surprised to read that due to bad weather you could not dock in St Tropez or Monaco. Both ports are on our itinerary. Were the seas rough ? Did you stay overnight at the one port ?

I'm hoping some of the issues who wrote about are resolved. Still looking forward to a beautiful vacation

Cindy

St. Tropez the wind was too strong, this has happend before to us.

Monaco, this was debatable as the same day Regent were naming their ship, many thought that we could not get into the port.