canada in september

alsgirl

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had done Canada in September before, i am leaving on the gem on September 3rd out of NY. I am not sure what the weather is like in canada at that time, not sure what I should pack, will I still be able to wear summer clothing on this cruise? Can you still use the pool?

Thanks for all the helpful information this site always has!!

We went last September and the weather was spectacular. We are not shorts people but wore short sleeves every day, no jacket. Not many people in the pool but quite a few in the hot tubs. No chair hogging. No kids running around (maybe one or two). Unfortunately, it was too early to see the leaves change color.

In September we can have some very warm days. Evenings cool down so a sweater and perhaps a windbreaker jacket. We can also get rain from hurricane leftovers coming up the eastern seaboard. Out at sea may be windier/chilly in the mornings and evenings.

Hope you enjoy the visit

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had done Canada in September before, i am leaving on the gem on September 3rd out of NY. I am not sure what the weather is like in canada at that time, not sure what I should pack, will I still be able to wear summer clothing on this cruise? Can you still use the pool?

Thanks for all the helpful information this site always has!!

Hi there

While the weather might be wonderful in many parts of Canada in September some areas might be cool.

The easy way to decide what to pack (for any trip) is to check the weather forecast for the cities you will be visiting, on the internet, just before you leave. I wouldn't rely on what the weather was like last year. :)

hope this helps

have a great cruise

We were there in 2015 and the weather was very pleasant, in fact we stopped off in Montreal on the way to Quebec to do the Q-B-Q B2B and they had the hottest September temperature ever. That sort of weather was not quite what we got on the cruise but it was lovely. The hot pools did get a bashing but not the pools. However a real downside was that there was not a lot of autumnal colour.

I live in Quebec City and have also lived in the Maritimes in the past. September is for the most part a summer month as far as the weather go. In fact, I often hear frustrated students and workers complaining about how the days in the first weeks of September are always better than what they had during their July/August vacations...

The days are significantly shorter in September than during the summer, they are mostly sunny with highs in the 20s (Celsius), but nights can get cold, so you will need something warm if you plan to go out in the morning or in the evening.

Have a nice trip! I would say welcome, but I myself will be gone on a NCL cruise in Europe when you come to Canada :)

I live in Maritimes and second what the others have said. On the coast (and the water) it will be 5-10 degrees cooler than inland. If you dock in Saint John, NB it is usually foggy in the morning. The leaves do not turn until October (mid, usually). Depending on the severity of the hurricane season we can get walloped with a nice Nor'Easter. They usually follow right up the seabord. So expect really cool nights (10ish), warm days without humidity (20 degrees or so), but lots of humidity, rain and wind if there's a Nor'Easter a 'bruin :D. There is the odd really hot day (25-28) but without humidity it's really nice. My favorite time of the year! HTH