Does Oceania ever offer "complimentary" beverage packages?

mafig

we are considering an 18 day cruise - it annoys me the perks are the same as a 10 day cruise. Definitely suggests the house beverage package is the best choice

I did a quick check and I see a 7 day with 4 excursions or $400, a 10 day cruise with 6 excursions or $600 and an 18 day with 8 excursions or $800. Seems like it's incremental to me.

The next jump is 36 days with 16 and $1600.

They all come with unlimited internet. You just have to decide which of the 3 options work best for you.

Or maybe I have no idea what you're talking about.

I did a quick check and I see a 7 day with 4 excursions or $400, a 10 day cruise with 6 excursions or $600 and an 18 day with 8 excursions or $800. Seems like it's incremental to me.

They all come with unlimited internet. You just have to decide which of the 3 options work best for you.

Maybe it's just not thinking it through in terms of supply/demand.

I've often watched the O Life perks (as well as air credit) amounts on the same cruise change over time depending on how well the cruise is selling.

We've got an O transpacific next spring. We deposited the day it was announced. Per person pricing is now $1000+ for B2 and per cabin O Life OBC is now $400 less than the original $2000. Pretty sure per person air credit of about $1500 has remained the same.

BTW, if anyone is thinking of flying from a major US airport to Sydney next spring, check out Asiana for bizclass at less than $3k USD/person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks ORV, that is indeed what I was referring to. AND a certain 18 day might have more OBC or excursions if that ONE they are wanting to promote without reducing the price (I've seen this in the past, not saying there is a specific one today though there might be).

The OP still has not given the example they are looking at, and it could well be the same amenity offered on that 10 day and another 18 day but there are others that can vary as you noted.

We have a 35 day cruise booked - with $800 or 8 excursions (& the O-Life free internet).

The beverage package works out at less than $12 per day pp - it made sense for us to take it this time.

We have a 35 day cruise booked - with $800 or 8 excursions (& the O-Life free internet).

The beverage package works out at less than $12 per day pp - it made sense for us to take it this time.

Keep in mind that the "included" Beverage Package consists only of Beer or Wine served with Luncheon or Dinner.

If you're a fan of mixed drinks, or, if you wish to drink in any of the lounges, there is going to be an up-charge of $20 per person per day.

Keep in mind that the "included" Beverage Package consists only of Beer or Wine served with Luncheon or Dinner.

If you're a fan of mixed drinks, or, if you wish to drink in any of the lounges, there is going to be an up-charge of $20 per person per day.

Thanks JimandStan, yes. We usually BYO and pay the corkage ($25), but just for the odd glass of wine with dinner or a beer with lunch it should work out pretty well. We will still bring a few of our own wines on-board.

My main point was that the OBC of $800 for the 35 days wouldn't go very far so it made the beverage package more appealing to us on this cruise.

Thanks JimandStan, yes. We usually BYO and pay the corkage ($25), but just for the odd glass of wine with dinner or a beer with lunch it should work out pretty well. We will still bring a few of our own wines on-board.

My main point was that the OBC of $800 for the 35 days wouldn't go very far so it made the beverage package more appealing to us on this cruise.

If you were really having just “the odd glass of wine for dinner or a beer with lunch” then $800 WOULD go a long way, even for a 35 day cruise :)

Also, $12 X35 X 2 = $840 (your math) - not much different than $800 OBC. If you are looking for a “bang for your money” then get 8 “free” excursions that will likely be worth $1200 (or more) as an average excursion is about $150.

Edited by Paulchili

If you were really having just “the odd glass of wine for dinner or a beer with lunch” then $800 WOULD go a long way, even for a 35 day cruise :)

Also, $12 X35 X 2 = $840 (your math) - not much different than $800 OBC. If you are looking for a “bang for your money” then get 8 “free” excursions that will likely be worth $1200 (or more) as an average excursion is about $150.

For us, the only OLife perk that makes sense is the shore excursion package.

Our TA pays gratuities and gives us $500 refundable OBC.

Due to unstable cardiac rhythm, DH is VERY limited in how much alcohol he is allowed to drink. Having a glass of wine 1st night, 7th night and 15th night on our recent cruise was twice what he's had since his 2 cardiac arrests January 20. I have no more than 1 drink per day because I struggle to keep my weight at a healthy number and can't afford the calories. I'm a cheap drunk and couldn't stay upright with 5+ drinks a day.

We're not spa people, and it was a challenge to spend the $100 in non-refundable OBC: wine 3x at happt hour, a belt for DH, a refrigerator magnet, and a necklace as a gift didn't total $100.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I spoke to Oceania and was told the amount of shore excursions and obc under olife will usually change depending on length but clearly as others are pointing out it seems to be sailing dependent. Good to learn a bit more.

Interestingly for us the pricing on the cruise we are looking at is cheaper here in Australia then it is priced in the US. That is a rarity!