Magic To Do

Jimmy Geegitz

When I was on Regal Princess last year they had an exclusive, Fiera. I thought it was wonderful, best I had seen on a Princess ship. My understanding is that Magic To Do is only on limited ships at this time. I found this info. Magic to Do is currently playing on the Crown Princess and debuts in late fall on two other ships, Ruby Princess and Emerald Princess.

Magic To Do has been on Emerald since this past year's Caribbean season; I think the info in the second post is from a year ago. Because of its length (just over an hour) and technical requirements I don't believe it can be run three times in one night which would be necessary to have it on Royal or Regal. Most shows are designed for only one specific class of ship, though I remember seeing What A Swell Party (zzzzzz) on both Coral and Star (or was it Grand?).

Don't be disappointed because Magic To Do was not so good and they already removed some portions of it because of complaints. I saw it twice, the first time it was disgusting with bloody scenes, the second time I saw it they removed the blood and gore. It was very disjointed and the actor was stiff and un-engaging, the magic wasn't really magic.

Of course everyone will want to go and make up their own mind, I just wanted to let you know it wasn't all it's been hyped to be. There are threads about it if you so a search.

Don't be disappointed because Magic To Do was not so good and they already removed some portions of it because of complaints. I saw it twice, the first time it was disgusting with bloody scenes, the second time I saw it they removed the blood and gore. It was very disjointed and the actor was stiff and un-engaging, the magic wasn't really magic.

Of course everyone will want to go and make up their own mind, I just wanted to let you know it wasn't all it's been hyped to be. There are threads about it if you so a search.

Yes, I agree. Well said.

I thought it was dark and creepie. I must have seen the cleaned up version, but still dark and creepie.

I saw it on the Ruby's Hawaii cruise, last March. On a Hawaii cruise, I am looking for bright and cheerful and upbeat, reflecting the Aloha spirit.

Dark and creepie doesn't do it for me. Ugh.

I saw it a couple of times & thought it was pretty good. It a change from the tired old musicals they normally have on all the ships.

Never once did I consider it "dark, creepy or bloody" but just a different type of an entertainment show which they really need on Princess.

We loved it! Did not think it was dark and creepy. Though a delightful surprise from the same old usual Princess show.

We hoped it was a sign of things to come.

Hi Phyllis...we saw Magic to Do's debut on the Crown last October & as a result of passenger input the bloody scene was gone when we sailed the Crown in April.

We too enjoyed Magic to Do as well as Fiera & Bravo on the Regal. Talking to the original magician/singer/dancer on the Crown, one factor limiting expanding Magic to Do is finding performers who can do all three & willing to perform at sea.

They're developing the second of four Schwartz shows...“Born to Dance” - a tribute to Broadway choreography".

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/PC_AUS_BornToDance.pdf

Obviously this didn't debut in Spring 2016 on the Star but have recently read that "Born to Dance” premieres aboard Star Princess in fall 2016, followed by Grand Princess and Golden Princess in early 2017".

I'm hopeful that it debuts on the Star in Fall 2016 because we're sailing on the Star early next year. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I saw Magic to Do on the Ruby this past April. I enjoyed it. The majority of songs are all from Broadway musicals. I guess the bloody scene was cut out already, because I don't recall that.

Looking forward to Born to Dance, so I might have to book the Star next spring.:D

We saw this show on our Alaska tour on Crown Princess in May. We arrived too late to get seats and stood at the back, intending to only get a "taste" of it but we ended up staying for the whole show.

I would not call it great, either as a song and dance or magic show but it was lively and entertaining and kept up a rapid pace throughout. There were a couple of very talented singers in the lineup and a lot of very well-rehearsed and energetic dancers.

I particularly appreciated the sound system. The music and dialogue was crisp and clear and was not set at a volume which puts the listener at risk of brain damage as so many other venues seem to do these days.

We loved it! Did not think it was dark and creepy. Though a delightful surprise from the same old usual Princess show.

We hoped it was a sign of things to come.

We saw it twice. Loved it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Or could watch Motor City for the umpteenth time! :p

Some folks just can't seem to get enough of the same old shows year after year after year. I get enthusiastic when we board & I see anything with a new name on it but get a big letdown when it usually turns out to be another dance routine with the same old tunes.

At least the Magic To Do show offered something new but some people just can't leave well enough alone & accept it for what it is. It's a shame that Princess will bend over backwards to change it for a few people.

Magic to Do was the most creative show I have seen at sea. We saw it on Ruby last year and the cast was the best I have seen in any show not on Broadway or the West End. Fiera is another wonderful show, but totally different.

I would be happy to see a different show on Princess. One can only watch the "standard" shows so many times. Of course there are variations in the quality of the singers and dancers that make each show a little bit different but some new stuff would be most welcome. We're not booked again until next October (I have got to speak with my wife about that!) but it is on Emerald so I'm hopeful that the new show will still be there for us.

I would be happy to see a different show on Princess. One can only watch the "standard" shows so many times. Of course there are variations in the quality of the singers and dancers that make each show a little bit different but some new stuff would be most welcome. We're not booked again until next October (I have got to speak with my wife about that!) but it is on Emerald so I'm hopeful that the new show will still be there for us.

It was last Feb. Who knows what thy'll do in the future but I'm sure some version of it will continue. They've invested to much money in the production to dump it completely.

The production quality of Magic To Do was pretty great. Still not sure on the story line...but it was definitely entertaining. The magician from the show, Michael Misko, does his own magic show on-board the Crown which was really fun.

The production quality of Magic To Do was pretty great. Still not sure on the story line...but it was definitely entertaining. The magician from the show, Michael Misko, does his own magic show on-board the Crown which was really fun.

Michael was also funny at the Liar's Club. :D

I went to high school with Mike and think the world of him - I'm so proud of what he has achieved! :-) I hope to sail one day on a ship that is showing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk