Available Neptunes

Dasbeak

Anyone know why this is? Online booking through HAL, choosing a Neptune, shows ten suites available, cabins 21 up to 45. If choosing a Vista on the same deck, Neptune's 08 and 09 show as available.

Anyone know why this is? Online booking through HAL, choosing a Neptune, shows ten suites available, cabins 21 up to 45. If choosing a Vista on the same deck, Neptune's 08 and 09 show as available.

No idea why that would happen. Usually when you choose a Vista Suite all that appears is a Vista. Hmm, does that mean that you can book a Neptune Suite at a Vista price? If so, snap it up. Wondering if that means there could be a problem with those suites????

Or just a website issue. I'be never seen it before.

I looked at two different sailings and the same thing shows. Its like if you plan on getting a Neptune, here is what we have. If you plan on a Vista, maybe these Neptune's could change your mind. Normal Neptune price no matter what.

The website will only show a limited number of cabins as being available.

When we booked a cruise on Oosterdam last March while on Westerdam, we could see the screen of the on-board consultant. Almost all of the SA cabins were available. When I looked at the Holland website after I returned home, the only ones shown were those begining with the SB's and moving forward, maybe eight or ten.

From the previous screen, you can ask for availability of specific cabins by typing in the cabin number. (You have to do it on the previous screen.) You'll find a whole bunch of other cabins available.

Almost all the cruise lines I know of limit the number of cabins shown on the website.

No idea why that would happen. Usually when you choose a Vista Suite all that appears is a Vista. Hmm, does that mean that you can book a Neptune Suite at a Vista price? If so, snap it up. Wondering if that means there could be a problem with those suites????

Or just a website issue. I'be never seen it before.

(bold is mine) Oh, if only that were possible!!!!

I have done a search and had a few higher grade cabins show up, like seeing Neptunes when you look at Vistas. Sometimes, even the Pinnacle Suite shows up when you look at Neptunes. BUT if you click on that higher cabin, the higher price comes up.

I think it's either a glitch or HAL teasing people with the idea of the next category up. Knowing HAL's tech know-how, I think it's a glitch. :rolleyes:

And to answer OP's question about seeing different Neptunes from different searches, it's probably because HAL doesn't show every available cabin on any search. The 08 and 09 Neptunes may have appeared on the Vista search because they were near the Vistas being shown. Or it's a glitch (see above comment)

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

I looked at two different sailings and the same thing shows. Its like if you plan on getting a Neptune, here is what we have. If you plan on a Vista, maybe these Neptune's could change your mind. Normal Neptune price no matter what.

(bold is mine) Oh, if only that were possible!!!!

I have done a search and had a few higher grade cabins show up, like seeing Neptunes when you look at Vistas. Sometimes, even the Pinnacle Suite shows up when you look at Neptunes. BUT if you click on that higher cabin, the higher price comes up.

I think it's either a glitch or HAL teasing people with the idea of the next category up. Knowing HAL's tech know-how, I think it's a glitch. :rolleyes:

And to answer OP's question about seeing different Neptunes from different searches, it's probably because HAL doesn't show every available cabin on any search. The 08 and 09 Neptunes may have appeared on the Vista search because they were near the Vistas being shown. Or it's a glitch (see above comment)

Thanks both. That's interesting and may well be what HAL is trying to do. Lure you.

If you really want to know which Neptunes (or any other category) cabins are available AND using only the HAL website, you can ask it about every cabin. I takes some time, but does work.

My TA and I did this for my upcoming Koningsdam cruise after the HAL booking agent told my TA that no VH cabins were available for the entire 30 day cruise. We split up the cabin numbers to speed up the process. Yes, we did find an available cabin.

Simply call your PCC and find out what actual cabins are available. What was mentioned about the max of ten cabins per deck showing online is true. If you check a deck with less than ten of that type available the rest are probably sold. It will also populate the next category as well to the max of ten total.

Simply call your PCC and find out what actual cabins are available. What was mentioned about the max of ten cabins per deck showing online is true. If you check a deck with less than ten of that type available the rest are probably sold. It will also populate the next category as well to the max of ten total.

Ahhh, so that's why it happens only some of the time. I always click on the higher cabin just to see if I can capitalize on a mistake in HAL's computers, but it hasn't happened yet.

That also explains why it sometimes "populates" downward when there are no higher cabins on the deck. I think I've been offered a few insides when I've been searching OV or verandah late in the process when there isn't a lot of availability.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder