Epic - Quiet places to study?

I'm going to be cruising on the Epic in November. I will be taking online classes at the time. Is there anywhere on the ship that I would be able to spread out a laptop, textbook and a notebook to study besides my stateroom?

We sailed the Norwegian Pearl a couple years ago and they had a library so I was kind of counting on that but alas the Epic doesn't offer a library. Completely understandable though, it's not exactly like it's a hugely used area.

The library has been moved on the Epic and is a much better space now. It should be quite quiet.

Previously there wasn't much of a library on the ship, and the seating area for it was part of a bar, but that has changed now.

I guess if I had looked a little closer on deck 5 I would have seen the library. thank you for posting!

Personally I think the library area is still poor.. Youll be better off in the card games room or bizarrely Bliss during the day

I'd certainly agree that Bliss is a good option, although it is sometimes used during the day, so always check the freestyle daily before getting too settled.

Personally I think the library area is still poor.. Youll be better off in the card games room or bizarrely Bliss during the day

I agree - there were very few seats available. A photographer's storage room is adjacent so there was a lot of footfall.

I thought the words quiet and Epic were never to be found in the same sentence.

Annie

You must be a Millennium? Cruise ships are for relaxing and having fun not studying. They do not have quiet zones like they do on "some" university campuses. I would suggest leaving notebooks and cell phones at home and enjoy the cruise!

Thank you everybody for the replies. If nothing else I will hang out in the stateroom but it's so much easier when I can spread everything out. I will definitely be looking at Bliss during the day.

Check out the Humidor Cigar Lounge. Very few people are ever in there. I actually never saw people in there and it was nice and quiet...

You must be a Millennium? Cruise ships are for relaxing and having fun not studying. They do not have quiet zones like they do on "some" university campuses. I would suggest leaving notebooks and cell phones at home and enjoy the cruise!

I'm 40 years old and have 11 classes to finish my Bachelor of Accounting. If I leave my books at home I won't finish my degree.

Take the books and do what ever it takes to pass those tests and get that degree. You'll have time and money later to enjoy the fruits of your labor. You will never regret giving up a few hours of your cruise. I've been exactly where you are now, forty years old and getting my degree in accounting. I'm retired now and have money and time to enjoy it. Good luck.

Take the books and do what ever it takes to pass those tests and get that degree. You'll have time and money later to enjoy the fruits of your labor. You will never regret giving up a few hours of your cruise. I've been exactly where you are now, forty years old and getting my degree in accounting. I'm retired now and have money and time to enjoy it. Good luck.

I agree. I am 57 and doing a PhD. I had to take some books with me to keep up the reading. I used the balcony because I was not doing any writing. It was quiet. I have always thought a transatlantic would be a good way to concentrate for the final write up - but I am not there yet.

You may not do quite as much as you wanted to, but at least you are getting a vacation.

Good for you combining study with vacation time !

Although - have to say what I would do would be to invest in a pair of quality noise cancelling headphones - good sunglasses - and Id be soaking up the rays at the same time...

Why not find a table early morning at H20 - make it "your space" - Waiter service - lunch at the grill up there - and just zone in - keep those headphones on!

Have a t-shirt printed which reads "At study - please do not disturb! :D

Sod being stuck in a library - the tables up at the grill area in H20 don't get too busy on the non smoking side unless its lunch - and you need to eat!! Bose noise cancelling headphones - invest!!

Edited by Blondie008

• 4 weeks later...