What does Royal do with the movie screens on Radiance Class?

Last month we did a Baltic capitals cruise on Serenade, and the entire cruise the only thing playing on the movie screen in the pool area was a loop of nature scenes that repeated about every 5 minutes. Now perhaps the weather was a factor for part of the cruise (there were several rainy/cool days), but we had a sea day on the last full day of the cruise where it was sunny and the pool deck was crowded and nothing changed.

Do the movie screens ever get used for anything other than what I've described? If so what?

We are looking at doing another cruise on Serenade next September (Canada/New England) and are curious if the screen will be better utilized.

Last month we did a Baltic capitals cruise on Serenade, and the entire cruise the only thing playing on the movie screen in the pool area was a loop of nature scenes that repeated about every 5 minutes. Now perhaps the weather was a factor for part of the cruise (there were several rainy/cool days), but we had a sea day on the last full day of the cruise where it was sunny and the pool deck was crowded and nothing changed.

Do the movie screens ever get used for anything other than what I've described? If so what?

We are looking at doing another cruise on Serenade next September (Canada/New England) and are curious if the screen will be better utilized.

They show movies, sporting events, concerts, and of course, parrots and tropical fish. :D

Thanks for the replies. I supposed it is possible that they played movies at night, but I don't think I ever went topside due to the bad weather so I wouldn't have seen it. Maybe things will be different in Canada/New England in September and I'll get to see it in use.

I guess I assumed that something would be playing during the day (like the rotating slate of movies on the Disney ships) and was surprised that they were not utilized more. Maybe Royal has made a conscious decision to minimize extra noise/distractions on the pool deck during the day.

We've been on ships with the movie screens, and the movies were only shown at night. It could be due to the amount of sunshine or noise on the pool deck during the day, and it could also be that they are only licensed to play movies once per day or once per week, something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been on ships with the movie screens, and the movies were only shown at night. It could be due to the amount of sunshine or noise on the pool deck during the day, and it could also be that they are only licensed to play movies once per day or once per week, something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Freedom always shows movies during the day. An old standard is Grease in sing along mode. Never realized how raunchy Greased Lightning was until I read the lyrics. :eek: