How do you carry your sign and sail card?

kheilmann

I use a key chain with an larger anchor charm on it on it. It has 2 hooks. One hook gets attached to my key card. The other hook is used to attach/unattach it to my beach shoulder bag, cross body purse, belt loop, etc. I have found this to be most effective.

I love this idea!! Thank you for sharing. I am booked for my first cruise in October, and all the small planning details are keeping me excited!

My wife is diabetic and has to carry her medicine and sugar with her. Any suggestion on what to use to carry the supplies. Fanny pack is good idea. Didn't know what else people use.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would try a Running Buddy, they work well for hands-free carrying of small stuff. they have various sizes. Give them a look. I get mine on QVC, and use the different sizes depending on what I'm carrying.

I love this idea!! Thank you for sharing. I am booked for my first cruise in October, and all the small planning details are keeping me excited!

Your welcome. I started out my cruising lifestyle using the lanyards. I didn't hate them but I just found this to be so much easier and convenient. I just unhook the key chain from whatever I have it attached to when I need to use it (on/off ship, purchase drinks, enter room etc.) The extra attaching clip makes it easily accessible with many options to attach it to. I've been doing this for our last 4-5 cruises at least. My first key chain had a starfish charm. I purchased both from Icing in the mall and just added the extra attaching clip that I picked up at a Hobby Lobby.

We have nice name tag holders from the land portion of an Alaska land/sea cruise. It's perfect for the key card if I don't have any other option. Note, if your bag has a magnetic closure it will demagnetize your card. Took me a long time to figure out why my key never worked after I was on shore.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Like pocket protectors....extremely functional, but you look like a DORK wearing it

Kids can get away with wearing it. Women, mmmmmm, yea, it's ok....Men, no way!!!! Like fanny packs, those need to be retired....it just says "DORK"

Actually, at my place of business, wearing a lanyard, male or female, says 'employed'. ;)

KC

Edited by KCMiller

Actually, at my place of business, wearing a lanyard, male or female, says 'employed'. ;)

KC

Do you have people who aren't employed hanging around there? :rolleyes:

I would hope all the people at your place of employment are employed. I guess unless you worked at the unemployment office :)

Edited by First and Ten

Do you have people who aren't employed hanging around there? :rolleyes:

I would hope all the people at your place of employment are employed. I guess unless you worked at the unemployment office :)

Nope, I work at a medical center, and if you see someone at my place of business wearing a lanyard and a hanging badge, you know they work there, and can offer assistance, or directions, or other help. Not everyone who works in a medical center wears a doctors coat or scrubs, of course - most of us are in street clothes, and the lanyard identifies us as employees. This is a large metropolitan teaching hospital with numerous buildings, clinics and research facilities, so there are many, many folks 'hanging around' here who aren't employees - they are patients, visitors, contractors, students, research staff.

But my main point is that lanyard does not necessarily equal dork. Which was the post I was originally responding to. I personally don't care for them, but I wear one at work. On board, I have a large straw tote I take everywhere, and that's where I keep my card.

KC

Edited by KCMiller

Nice one very classy where can u by lanyards besides this website

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amazon has everything. We got a set of 4 waterproof cases for our phones (didn't need but 2 but the set was 4 so now we have extra) and they came with lanyards. Hardly ever needed the waterproof cases (really only used it once for its' intended purpose lol. Held my phone during cave-tubing in Belize. Worked great btw.) but I used that lanyard for my S&S card all over the ship.

But my main point is that lanyard does not necessarily equal dork. Which was the post I was originally responding to. I personally don't care for them, but I wear one at work. On board, I have a large straw tote I take everywhere, and that's where I keep my card.

KC

On a cruise ship, women and kids can get away with the "lanyard look".....adult males on vacation on a cruise ship shouldn't venture into that look. It signifies "DORK"....or at least latent "DORK" qualities :D

Edited by First and Ten

On a cruise ship, women and kids can get away with the "lanyard look".....adult males on vacation on a cruise ship shouldn't venture into that look. It signifies "DORK"....or at least latent "DORK" qualities :D

I didn't know that was a term people still used. I can think of alot of people that were better off being dorks than what they turned out to be. Many of the "cool" kids from high school ain't so cool now.

My husband wears his lanyard just the same as the rest of us. He doesn't carry a wallet around onboard. We find lanyards easier since you need the s&s for everything. Call him whatever you like. I prefer big daddy!:p

I didn't know that was a term people still used. I can think of alot of people that were better off being dorks than what they turned out to be. Many of the "cool" kids from high school ain't so cool now.

My husband wears his lanyard just the same as the rest of us. He doesn't carry a wallet around onboard. We find lanyards easier since you need the s&s for everything. Call him whatever you like. I prefer big daddy!:p

I assume he is tall and/or stocky and you have kids :D

Edited by First and Ten

Thanks O.G [emoji4]. Do you have a link or the name of the product

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

my bad, it was a 3-pack: https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Ace-Teah-Universal-Transparent/dp/B0118QAIRY/ref=pd_ybh_a_28?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=58X4Y17FSF6Y6SD22D7C

it was pretty convenient - my wife carried her phone and S&S card inside the thing but i just kept my phone in my pocket when I wasn't in water.

oh and it was plenty big enough to hold my Galaxy Note 5 without the case and even with my little rubber case it would fit but it was tighter and harder to get in and out.

Edited by originalgeek