Entertainment v Dinner

English Tim

Now that we are able to make advance reservations for the speciality restaurants, it would be most helpful if O veterans could give us some idea as to the optimum time for dinner, so as to get maximum exposure to the evening entertainment.

We are particularly keen on comedians, so if they are onboard, when are they most likely to act?

Apologies for this thread, as I have found most answers by searching

Edited by English Tim
Searching success

Now that we are able to make advance reservations for the speciality restaurants, it would be most helpful if O veterans could give us some idea as to the optimum time for dinner, so as to get maximum exposure to the evening entertainment.

We are particularly keen on comedians, so if they are onboard, when are they most likely to act?

Apologies for this thread, as I have found most answers by searching

wHAT....THEY HAVE SHOWS!!!! WHEN DID THEY START THAT? aND...."GETTING MAXIMUM EXPOSURE TO THE EVENINGS ENTERTAINMENT"..... Makes me feel like I have been missing something al these years...perhaps you know something I dont... The evenings entertainment is prominently in your cabin...you can see it in the mirror over the dresser and bathroom, Ian I suspect you are familiar with the principals. Ltts see Happy hour, and string quartet, then dinner, Something going on in the lounge/theater, evening trivia in the bar, a short band in the horizon after the show and late night happy hour...

On a 10-11 day cruise....1 night comedy on a 14 TO 21 day 2 nights comedy and not very good....I feel good about choosing dinner and table companions over most all shows.. oR 1 COMEDY 1 MAGIC SHOW IN 18 DAYS.

If you miss them, any show, they run it on the television the next day.. .... O , my dear hopeful friend, is not the place to seek entertainment, but rather cuisine and the quality of her passengers.

I found most folks enjoy returning to the cabin after a dinner and read or watch one of the excellent movies on the television of DVD.. That is entertaining themselves and conversations with others.... Thats what I have seen

Edited by Hawaiidan

We usually go to early dinner then we can enjoy the string quartet for a bit before the evening show

We enjoy some of the shows I am not much of a comedian fan but the other single performers are not bad

Sometimes we will find some interesting dinner companions & just have a lovely conversation & maybe end up missing the show

YMMV

We go to early booking to make the shows. Once they were slow in speciality restuarant and we asked them to send our dessert to our cabin so we would not miss show. It was set up nicely on the coffee table when the show was finished.

We usually go to early dinner then we can enjoy the string quartet for a bit before the evening show

We enjoy some of the shows I am not much of a comedian fan but the other single performers are not bad

Sometimes we will find some interesting dinner companions & just have a lovely conversation & maybe end up missing the show

YMMV

This is our plan as well although I admit I don't get too worried about missing the shows.

Apart from the quality I hate the volume as it is shrieked or screamed too loudly. Turn it down please.

Tonight on Nautica we have David Copperfield from the UK. You may remember, him from "Three of a Kind", the sketch show he did with Tracey Ullman and Lenny Henry. His variety show is in at 9.30pm, which seems to be showtime on Nautica, in the Nautica Lounge. After that, at 10.30 in Horizons, the Nautica Cast performs "Boogie Nights" where it's Happy Hour from 10.30 - 11.30pm.

At various times before the shows there is a pianist playing in Nartinis and a string quartet in the upper hall. From 8.30 to 9.15pm there is pre show dancing with the Nautica Orchestra.

Tonight on Nautica we have David Copperfield from the UK. You may remember, him from "Three of a Kind", the sketch show he did with Tracey Ullman and Lenny Henry. His variety show is in at 9.30pm, which seems to be showtime on Nautica, in the Nautica Lounge. After that, at 10.30 in Horizons, the Nautica Cast performs "Boogie Nights" where it's Happy Hour from 10.30 - 11.30pm.

At various times before the shows there is a pianist playing in Nartinis and a string quartet in the upper hall. From 8.30 to 9.15pm there is pre show dancing with the Nautica Orchestra.

It seems to me you have as much to choose from as guests do on Azamara.. main difference after the show we do not get a second show in another room. .we have no string quartet. many guests use both cruise lines. I rather enjoy dinner vs a show most nights. We both have a piano.

Tonight on Nautica we have David Copperfield from the UK.

Sella

When I first read this I was thinking David Copperfield the famous magician what a treat then read on

Like Lenny Henry though :D

Enjoy the cruise

Sella

When I first read this I was thinking David Copperfield the famous magician what a treat then read on

Enjoy the cruise

David has entertained us a few times and is very popular.

Sella

Enjoy the cruise

I thought the same, then I read on!

The after show show up in Horizons was quite short but it did bring people up to deck 10 and create a bit of an atmosphere. Afterwards passengers stated playing songs on the juke box and one group got some salsa dancing going. I heard this morning it went on until midnight.

wHAT....THEY HAVE SHOWS!!!! WHEN DID THEY START THAT? aND...."GETTING MAXIMUM EXPOSURE TO THE EVENINGS ENTERTAINMENT"..... Makes me feel like I have been missing something al these years...perhaps you know something I dont... The evenings entertainment is prominently in your cabin...you can see it in the mirror over the dresser and bathroom,

I found most folks enjoy returning to the cabin after a dinner and read or watch one of the excellent movies on the television of DVD.. That is entertaining themselves and conversations with others.... Thats what I have seen

We obviously hang out with those other folks - those that fill the theater to SRO. I save the TV watching for when I get back home.

To each their own - spending the night in the bar, looking in the mirror for entertainment or go to the shows :D