MSC Divina Review......Lets make this about me!

Clarksfan1

My wife agrees with the pool bar and ice in drinks thing. She loves a drink called the Miami Vice...and the ones she has gotten on Carnival are, sadly, much better than the one...she got on Divina. She did not order a second because it was not as full flavored as the one on Carnival. So, maybe you are on to something with the pool bars and ice and fun killers.. :-)

So glad you decided to keep writing. Fun killer stay away... though I also missed the deleted post and now I'm desperate to know what those four words were! :cool:

Can't wait for the next installment!

Welcome back!! I really needed this sweet read tonight! Gave me the giggles.

Open Note to Fun Killer.....Leave his posts alone...you are the only one not enjoying them as you can well see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are few things in this life that I can say without a doubt that I love...

1. Family

2. My Cruise Critic Friends....(not you FUN-KILLER LEAVE)

3. The special way my morning coffee hits me in the.....well morning

But after this last trip I think I can add one more thing......getting off the boat whenever I feel like it. It was liberating not to have to rush off the boat soon as we docked. You know all those times in life when you KNOW you should take your time....but you can't help hurrying (please see the post about me crying in the corner under a blanket). Well this was totally not one of those times.

We started the morning with a lovely breakfast. This was the first day I had been at breakfast after 8ish.......and holy moly Batman....it was freaking nutz. I'm pretty sure I seen a mother push her own daughter out of the way for bacon. Sure she had a plate full of sausage and all the other parts of the pig....but she must have really wanted some bacon.

It was at this point I heard it.....the stupidest comment in the history of stupid comments.....Some lady....lets call her Mrs. Happy, decided to look the way of some bus boy....you know those high up bus boys that are secretly running MSC cruises, and says....."This buffet is crazy (glaring at the president of the company....Mr. Busboy) this is the last time I ever come on and MSC cruise because of this Buffet". Now mind you.....I don't want to be a judger (that's a new word but it totally fits) but she looked like she was well versed in the way.....of the buffet. There are some people you can tell just by looking at them that they are well versed in the way…..of the buffet. So perhaps she had a point.......but I will say this again....if you get so upset about something like a buffet that you are willing to make a donkey of yourself yelling at a busboy thinking it's his fault....then you must suck to be around in real life (fun killer.......ring a bell?).

So after our slightly chaotic breakfast we get ready and leave the ship. I have been to Jamaica once before and have found Bob Marley to be quite the liar......There was no Jammin.....smoking....or lovin to speak of when we got off the ship. But there was people trying to sell me the same crap at each table.

Perhaps Marley should have written a song like this...

We're selling....

We're gonna sell it to you....

We're selling....

And we won't quit…..till we get money from you.

And these ladies were kind of aggressive at that....I do like my ladies aggressive but these ladies were really over the top. They wouldn't take no for an answer. Now when I was in High School....I remember and entire lesson in Health dedicated to .....No Means No. And I'm pretty sure these ladies did not take this class because it was like no means yes to these women. And I'm pretty sure they were giving secret hand signals to each other after you walked away like....."hey this chubby American looked at my crap....offer to sell him the same crap only cheaper".

After we made it past the ladies we came to a table...a couple of ladies selling admission to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. Unfortunately we decided that the prices for JB was just a bit too much for us and we kept on walking….then it happened…..a miracle…..we saw it…….the actual Margaritaville. And it turned out that for some reason at the Margaritaville we were told admission was much cheaper than the ladies just 200 feet away. What was the reason for this? I don't want to be conspiracy theorist....but the ladies said the kids had to pay full price and the guy at the door said that was incorrect the kids got in for free with parents....but couldn't use a chair unless we paid for another one. So did the ladies make and honest mistake....or maybe pocket the money they made selling kids bands (that's what FUN KILLER would do). Because the kids got bands either way so their would be no way to tell. So guess what we did….that's right….move over Jimmy Buffett I’m coming in! Once we were there things were pretty calm (except for that pool....it could be rough)….sure there was a DJ trying to stir up that party atmosphere….but this boat of buffet eaters weren’t really having it. But none the less the water was wet….the beer was coldish (and expensive that's to be expected) and the sand was well sandy…..dandy. But the view…..man I have seen better backdrops at Walmart. And I'm trying to be optimistic, and I really hope that was water I was standing in when I changed my clothes....but I doubt it).

Oh dear this gets funnier with each new edition! I almost choked on my coffee! Clarksfan why don't you make it into a book? Would be fun cruise reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So listen.....I don't want to make this awkward so I'm just gonna say it

But trust me before I start it's not you (well kinda).....it's me....It turns out I am about as busy as I can be. And I like to sit down and hammer these bad boys out in one sitting and that currently is not possible.

So I don't want you to think that I abandoned you in your time of need (too much?) But I promise in the next day or two I will write my next section of the review....which is either Grand Cayman....or Cozumel.....Does anyone know where we went next?

I do appreciate all the nice words.....I met a nice lady on the ship that works for CC and I think how awesome that would be. Maybe I could do that....but all of my puns....and clever wordplay has almost run out.....Maybe I will just start a Pantheon account....or maybe not.

But in the mean time....here are two of my other reviews....a little shorter but totally me. I'm very proud of the title of the first review....BTW so much happened on that cruise that I kinda didn't do it justice on my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2387236

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=192662

Take your time! We will be here waiting for the next installment of your current review. The most important thing is that you enjoy your cruise and not feel obligated to write a review earlier than you feel comfortable doing.

Just be aware that there are many people that truly enjoy your efforts to share your cruise and thoughts with us. :-)