Extra costs due to changes since booking - A test

KeithJenner

Yeah, it seems like a flawed and pre-determined exercise to a respond to a point that those of us disappointed in NCL recently aren't actually making.

Flawed - very probably so

Pre-determined - I can assure you I would never have predicted being ahead at this point.

Response to a point that people aren't making - Absolute garbage. I quoted what I was responding to. Are you suggesting I made the quote up?

There been quite a few comments over the past year or so saying things like "I feel for those people who have booked well in advance. They just don't know what they will get when the cruise comes along".

Question my methodology if you want. There is lots to question about it, but to suggest that people haven't been making those points is frankly laughable.

Ok, flawed and pre-determined exercise that largely ignores a point that many of us complaining about NCL are actually making.

I'll stand by pre-determined. You may not know exactly what the numbers will show, but the exercise seems clearly about making a point you wish to make.

Ok, flawed and pre-determined exercise that largely ignores a point that many of us complaining about NCL are actually making.

The majority of posts on this forum ignore points that others are complaining about.

Someone asked about the Le Bistro menus earlier. They didn't seem to be taking much account about other people's complaints.

Why do I in particular hav to take them into account? Why can't I just make a post about the subject that I am talking about.

You are making the same old mistake. You are assuming ulterior motives into things. I am doing this exercise because I am

Interested in the results and other may be too (some seem to be). If anyone wants to show that in their case it cost a load more then great. That will certainly be the case for many people. I won't comment on their reasons for doing so. This is a public message board.

I will just point out this one thing though, just to be absolutely clear, because many people take whatever I write as being some sore of defence of NCL. I don't k is how to make it clearer, other than keep on saying it.

NCL have made some absolutely appalling decisions lately. They have made some changes which have obviously made a big difference to some peoples enjoyment of their cruises, to the extent that they have moved their business away. I do not defend NCL one little bit on those things.

However, there are some of us who don't carry water onboard, who drink a reasonable amount when on holiday, but not top shelf spirits, who aren't too fussed on what wine we are drinking, for whom the experience is barely changed and the prices have hardly moved (or in many cases have gone down).

Just looking around o'Sheehans now as I type this whilst waiting for my wife, I can see that there are quite a number of people who fit into that general description. All the while people are posting about how appalling NCL are with the current changes I will mention that for many of us that isn't the case.

Sorry if you don't like that for some reason.

Edited by KeithJenner

The majority of posts on this forum ignore points that others are complaining about.

Someone asked about the Le Bistro menus earlier. They didn't seem to be taking much account about other people's complaints.

Why do I in particular hav to take them into account? Why can't I just make a post about the subject that I am talking about.

You are making the same old mistake. You are assuming ulterior motives into things. I am doing this exercise because I am

Interested in the results and other may be too (some seem to be). If anyone wants to show that in their case it cost a load more then great. That will certainly be the case for many people. I won't comment on their reasons for doing so. This is a public message board.

I will just point out this one thing though, just to be absolutely clear, because many people take whatever I write as being some sore of defence of NCL. I don't k is how to make it clearer, other than keep on saying it.

NCL have made some absolutely appalling decisions lately. They have made some changes which have obviously made a big difference to some peoples enjoyment of their cruises, to the extent that they have moved their business away. I do not defend NCL one little bit on those things.

However, there are some of us who don't carry water onboard, who drink a reasonable amount when on holiday, but not top shelf spirits, who aren't too fussed on what wine we are drinking, for whom the experience is barely changed and the prices have hardly moved (or in many cases have gone down).

Just looking around o'Sheehans now as I type this whilst waiting for my wife, I can see that there are quite a number of people who fit into that general description. All the while people are posting about how appalling NCL are with the current changes I will mention that for many of us that isn't the case.

Sorry if you don't like that for some reason.

Keith, I appreciate what you are doing, no matter what the outcome is. There aren't many posters that I would trust their information, but you seem to be a very straight shooter whether NCL is doing something good or bad, so please continue, as many of us will be interested in the outcome.

Anyway, after that lovely little interlude, back to the test.

Two changes that have resulted in further costs.

Firstly, iconcierge has gone up from $7.99 (I think) to $9.99. We need it for our son, and would usually all sign up. Due to the increase, we now just sign either my wife or I up, so it actually costs us slightly less, but obviously that is still $4 more than the same thing would have cost.

The other change is Moderno no longer being covered by the platinum meal offer. We used to do Moderno and Le Bistro, but now we have to pay for Moderno. We obviously still get two meals, but it does cost us one extra. We therefore got a 4 meal deal this year rather than 3.

I make it that this probably cost about $30 extra, so we are now about $20 down.

Pre determined results hey, we love 'em. :)

Flawed - very probably so

Pre-determined - I can assure you I would never have predicted being ahead at this point.

Response to a point that people aren't making - Absolute garbage. I quoted what I was responding to. Are you suggesting I made the quote up?

There been quite a few comments over the past year or so saying things like "I feel for those people who have booked well in advance. They just don't know what they will get when the cruise comes along".

Question my methodology if you want. There is lots to question about it, but to suggest that people haven't been making those points is frankly laughable.

I paid attention when you described the exercise. I have never understood the "nickel and dime" complaint. So I am pleased you are doing this.

Can you start another piece of research on "the service is terrible" because that seems to be a recurrent theme that I cannot relate to. I had to wait once for a drink when I cruised in April. They were serving quite a few cocktails at the time.