ms Amsterdam visiting Juneau, AK - August 9, 2016

Copper10-8

Tomorrow, Tuesday afternoon, August 9, 2016 at 1300 hrs. / 1:00 pm, and having completed her insurance group charter last week, it's co-flagship Amsterdam's turn to come back to Juneau, AK. She has been assigned her usual berth at the Alaska Steamship (AS) dock and her departure time is set for 2100 hrs. / 9:00 pm. local

The action can be seen, and heard, on:

http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Also in port on a very busy Tuesday, and in order of appearance, are Norwegian Jewel going to the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock (0700-1330), Celebrity Millenium, assigned the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock (0700-2030), Coral Princess heading for Franklin Street (FKL) dock (0800-2100) and Norwegian Pearl, taking her older sister's spot at the AJ dock as soon as the latter has vacated same (1400-2200)

Hopefully a nicer day than today! Enjoy, as DW and I will be at Disney's 'California Adventure' most of the day

I'm hoping for a dry September as my mom, sister and I will be on Amsterdam for her last Alaska cruise this season. We'll be in Juneau on Sept 20th.

I've been watching the webcam each Tuesday when I remember to, of course, since we made our reservations and always enjoy seeing our ship come in.

We've not been on a ship this small, and are looking forward to trying her on for size.

Later...

Vicki

I'm not sure I will be here. Home inspection was last night, we should hear sometime soon if we passed, and conditions should come off on the sale of our house tomorrow, all being well. My cousin, who had been ailing, is now in hospice, so I'm trying to spend as much time with him as I can.

There aren't enough hours in the day! I need a cruise. At least I have 44 days on Prinsendam to look forward to. :) I started 3 roll calls for that, and that is taking time, too.

7:15 a.m. in Juneau and already two ships are docked! A foggy morning. Here it's rainy, too.

Edited by Vict0riann

Kathi, While patiently waiting for the Amsterdam to arrive, I have been reading you World Voyage blog. Very exciting and I am enjoying it. Barbara

Thanks! I wasn't sure I would like writing one even though I always kept a travel diary in the past. Turns out I got hooked and do one for every cruise. I also put much more information in the blog than I ever put in my travel diaries.

Edited by Scrapnana

Won't jinx it by saying the "R" word but the lens seems to be nice an clear now. Seems a little later than usual. Usually docked by 1:30 PDT (12:30 local) and it is 1:41 PDT now and not even at the dock - let alone tied and gangway ready.