Drinks questions Adventure of the Seas

Hi, I'm trying to get some more information drinks prices on the Adventure (or RC ships generally, they are probably similar for all of them?).

I don't think a drinks package will be worth it for us, even though if it is true that one can now get a drink package for just one of the passengers in the cabin, I might look into it...but probably not as we prefer a bottle of wine with dinner and getting a measly 20% off is ridiculous in my opinion..

we might, however, do the Evian water package as we are big water drinkers and I take it they are even more expensive if bought separately?

Does anyone know how large the 12 bottles in the $39 package are - are they 1.5 litres or just 1 litre bottles? I truly think it's such a rip-off that they won't let people bring water bottles on board, I HATE how they are able to force people to buy their overpriced stuff - extortion!!!

Also, does anyone know if they have the big Foster's cans on board the Adventure? I saw it mentioned somewhere but not idea if that was recent / reliable...

I could kick myself for booking directly with RC - I have read so many times about people getting this thrown in as a perk by their travel agents...

Anyway, thanks very much in advance for any info you could give me on this!!

Kat :-)

Wine is the WORST value on the ship.... buy drinks with BANG for the buck. Use the ship's water (after all, it's in everything ...ice, food, beverages)...the ship's water is fine and dandy! it's H2O...water....and it's included in your fare!

I don't know, but the drinks with the BANG you refer to seem to be at least $12 a piece, which I find outrageous!!! I do hope they have the large Foster's cans. When you say drink the ship's water - do you mean as in iced water in the restaurant which yes, we will do FOR SURE!! or do you suggest drinking the tap water in the room? Is that really an option? I might get a couple of those Brita filter bottles for that purpose...I guess we can at least get ice, right??

You can most likely (probably definitely) bring bottled water onto the adventure. San Juan is a pretty relaxed port. I brought bottled water on last time because we like to take it with us off the ship to the beach for the day, but we drank the ship water while on board and it is just fine. Another alternative would be to bring a reusable water bottle (the double walled steel ones are nice because they will stay cold all day on the beach), and just fill them up before you head off the ship.

You can also bring 2 bottles of wine onboard, which will help if you like wine at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

You can most likely (probably definitely) bring bottled water onto the adventure. San Juan is a pretty relaxed port. I brought bottled water on last time because we like to take it with us off the ship to the beach for the day, but we drank the ship water while on board and it is just fine. Another alternative would be to bring a reusable water bottle (the double walled steel ones are nice because they will stay cold all day on the beach), and just fill them up before you head off the ship.

You can also bring 2 bottles of wine onboard, which will help if you like wine at dinner.

We've purchased water in the duty free ship in the cruise terminal and taken it onboard several times.

Great, good to know they'll let you bring water on board - and the two bottles of wine, already planning on that for some relaxed sipping on the balcony :-) Wonder if one could take them to dinner? I read that RC did away with the corkage fee...

Is the water ok tasting, did you also just drink the tap water in the cabin? I just remember that smelling pretty weird on previous cruises...I think I will actually spring for the Replenish Drinks Package for myself as I'm a big drinker and that also includes sparkling water (which I'm very partial to!) and specialty coffees, which I also like. it's nice that RC doesn't require both parties in the cabin to get it as hubby wouldn't make use of it!

Great, good to know they'll let you bring water on board - and the two bottles of wine, already planning on that for some relaxed sipping on the balcony :-) Wonder if one could take them to dinner? I read that RC did away with the corkage fee...

Is the water ok tasting, did you also just drink the tap water in the cabin? I just remember that smelling pretty weird on previous cruises...I think I will actually spring for the Replenish Drinks Package for myself as I'm a big drinker and that also includes sparkling water (which I'm very partial to!) and specialty coffees, which I also like. it's nice that RC doesn't require both parties in the cabin to get it as hubby wouldn't make use of it!

No problem taking your wine to dinner, we do it all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
When you say drink the ship's water - do you mean as in iced water in the restaurant which yes, we will do FOR SURE!! or do you suggest drinking the tap water in the room? Is that really an option? I might get a couple of those Brita filter bottles for that purpose...I guess we can at least get ice, right??

What makes you think that the water in the restaurant comes from a different source than the water in the taps in the room? It is all definitely the same water. Bottled water is just a huge waste of money.

Interesting - I seem to remember being on ships where they said water is fine for brushing teeth but not really potable....if this one is different, great!! I did get a bunch of those bottles with built-in filters, too, so will be bringing some of those along also; I agree with the bottled water thing and I usually don't buy it - we got a whole house filtration system for our home (which is great) and also have a fridge with a (filtered) water dispenser, which we use copiously throughout the day.

I did, however, get the Replenish Package for myself so will make good use of that (I do love sparkling water with my meals!!! And nice coffee!!)

Just my 2 cents. I didn't see anyone with a case of water, but they did sell the 1L bottles of water in the duty free shop at the terminal right when you get in. They also had the 6pack of soda for $5.95 which we purchased for the room.

We purchased the Replenish package for the water/coffee/soda. Only one person in the room needs to have it, and my sister NEEDS her coffee! So she would go the the cafe every am and pm for decent coffee, as she hated the regular coffee on board. She also would throughout our stay get bottles of water to keep in the room which we brought to the beach, etc. and along with the cans of soda we had plenty. We also had lemonade and water at dinner.

As fas as the water on board, I can tell you the tap water in the rooms had an awful smell that I would not drink it! They did have ice water at the windjammer and by the pool in large containers that seemed to taste just fine. At dinner the ice water was hit or miss, but you can get lemonade for free with meals. We also had the replenish package, so we had the Coke bottle filled with soda before dinner and then order a soda at dinner as well.

You can also purchase non alcoholic frozen drinks with this package, as well as cafe latte.

So there are some other options for you!

Well you're just buying a certain number of bottles, what you do with those is totally up to you - it's as if you bought a drink at the bar and decided to share it.

I thought about getting the Evian package, but first of all, I'm not a huge fan of Evian and I think the package is massively overpriced (keep in mind, the bottles are only 1l!!) and secondly, I felt the Royal Replenish package was going to give me a lot more options, so I went with that.

Well you're just buying a certain number of bottles, what you do with those is totally up to you - it's as if you bought a drink at the bar and decided to share it.

I thought about getting the Evian package, but first of all, I'm not a huge fan of Evian and I think the package is massively overpriced (keep in mind, the bottles are only 1l!!) and secondly, I felt the Royal Replenish package was going to give me a lot more options, so I went with that.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Yes I think it's way overpriced as well, but I am thinking in getting that package so we can bring a couple of water bottles to shore excursions.

What do you experienced cruisers recommend?

Thanks and Gig'em

Hi, first time cruiser here.

If I want to purchase an Evian water package, do I need to do it for both passengers (wife and I) or I can buy only one and split it?

Thanks and Gig´em

You can share because it's not an unlimited package.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Yes I think it's way overpriced as well, but I am thinking in getting that package so we can bring a couple of water bottles to shore excursions.

What do you experienced cruisers recommend?

Thanks and Gig'em

I always get at least the replenish package--- in Greece, I took 4-5 bottles per port (didn't get all at once-- the night before as I walk throughout the ship, start to collect!!). Then I have soda, juice, sparkling water, and non-alcoholic cocktails to enjoy onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob, can you explain? The replenish pkg has limitations on qty?

Maybe I misunderstood gbarthel's question in post #15.

I thought they were asking about the Evian water package, which is not unlimited.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...