Thinking of taking Regatta next year.. What should I expect?

KMVigs

I'm used to sailing Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian... What should I expect to be different? Besides the gimmicks that the larger lines have. I just go on cruises to get on a new ship in the ocean. But I've never been on a luxury line that will be different than the main stream?

I'm used to sailing Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian... What should I expect to be different? Besides the gimmicks that the larger lines have. I just go on cruises to get on a new ship in the ocean. But I've never been on a luxury line that will be different than the main stream?

Ok I will bite

Oceania is a premium line not luxury

The cabins will be smaller the bathrooms will be a lot smaller unless you book PH or top suite

Very few line ups as there are only 680 pax

entertainment is low key ..they do have some productions shows but not like the larger ship

all non alcoholic beverages are included so no need to lug cases of water or soda

you can bring spirits for use in your cabin & wine you can take the wine to the dining venues & pay the corkage fee just like other lines

food is quality ingredients

no charge for specialty restaurants though reservations are required

open dining in the GDR

Terrace buffet is NOT self serve like other lines

WAVES grill is a pool side venue serving burger, sandwiches, hot dogs, salads there is Ice cream & milkshake counter as well

passengers are more mature & well travelled

I am sure others will have more comments

We've cruised Holland, Cunard and Oceania. Here's my two cents:

• No photographers
  • No required neckties/formal wear, "country club casual"
  • Coffees, espresso, lattes, soft drinks, bottled water included
  • No crowds
  • Very few announcements
  • Older, well behaved passengers
  • Just about all food made fresh on board including ice cream
  • Desserts taste as good as they look
  • Best food at sea - Waves (poolside snack bar) has lobster/filet mignon sandwich on the daily menu
  • Top shelf liquor
  • Outstanding beds/linens/pillows
  • Small cabins & bathrooms
  • Less tendering, access to more interesting & intimate ports
  • Extensive complimentary DVD library
  • Quiet, low key, refined atmosphere
  • One evening show, some lectures when not in port
  • Live music daily

Any problem getting reservations in the specialty restaurants if you are not in a suite?

Any problem getting a table for two in the specialty restaurants? I've read that sharing a table is expected. This may very well be a deal breaker for us.:(

Any problem getting reservations in the specialty restaurants if you are not in a suite?

Any problem getting a table for two in the specialty restaurants? I've read that sharing a table is expected. This may very well be a deal breaker for us.:(

Book early when your are allowed by the cabin cat & there is not problem you can always try for extra reservations just check in the morning to see if any opening for that evening

Yes you can get 2 tops sometimes you may have to be flexible with day & time

easier to get extra reservations if sharing

Getting a table for two in the main dining room has never been a problem. They have plenty of two tops. It IS easier to get specialty restaurant reservations for shared tables. Note too that you are likely to find your table mates to be wonderful, gracious people on O.

I suggest you be open-minded about sharing a table in the specialty restaurants. We have had wonderful experiences with sharing. I guess it could go wrong and you might have a difficult few hours but we have found that our table mates were interesting people and the conversation was great. We might never have had dinner with a violinist in a major opera company, a former legislative aide to a congressman, the owner of a small business in the heartland. Dinner in a specialty restaurant is an especially good opportunity to really get to know people. It is more leisurely, quieter, and your fellow diners are looking forward to meeting you!

Mary

Realisticly as the others have said no problem in the MDR, however in the specialities there are very few tables for two. Unless you book very early or are in a suite you probably will not get a table for two on the smaller ships.

It depends on what you like and we may be different from most here...but we prefer the Terrace for dinner. The food is delicious and you have your choice of so many different items...usually everything on the menu at the MDR plus more.

We have our butler serve dinner from the specialty restaurants in our suite a few times on every cruise we take. But we don't want to go to those restaurants and sit there for a long time. We have done it but not any more.

We've always managed a two top for specialties and except for our last sailing could not make reservations until they opened for whole ship. That said, we are very flexible on time, since we prefer to dine late.

A 7:00 or 7:30 two top, particularly on a sea day, is generally not available when every class of cabin opens up for reservations. But, you might find a few 8:00's if you hunt around, and much more availability if you don't mind dining later.

Expect to board one for the most beautiful and intimate ships afloat Its like stepping into a luxury British country boutique hotel... refined, understated, elegant and filled with a charm than the other lines are missing

Experience the novelty of meeting others in the small number of passengers and no standing in line or feeling crowds.

Expect a level of cuisine and food that is possibly the finest of any ship at sea

Enjoy the low key.non hype..relaxing ambiance... on a beautiful ship with great fellow passengers, Regatta seems to draw a very delightful crowd

Enjoy a whole experience crafted around the concept of the romance of ocean travel as and experience, not a commercial opportunity.

Thats what I found

...I and I have booked 28 days on Regatta. next year.