BYO wine question

Hi all,

Quick one, we are sailing in November on Voyager and would like bring on some of our own wine. We read you can bring 2 bottles per cabin, but had a question about white wine - how do you keep it chilled until you want to drink it and if you don't finish the bottle in one sitting how do you keep it chilled until you are ready to finish it off? Also is it just dinner time you are 'allowed' to drink your own wine?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Quick one, we are sailing in November on Voyager and would like bring on some of our own wine. We read you can bring 2 bottles per cabin, but had a question about white wine - how do you keep it chilled until you want to drink it and if you don't finish the bottle in one sitting how do you keep it chilled until you are ready to finish it off? Also is it just dinner time you are 'allowed' to drink your own wine?

Thanks!

You can take your wine anywhere anytime on the ship with no corkage fees.

Your stateroom attendant can furnish you a bucket and ice to keep the wine cool. Also, if you empty your cooler, you may have enough space for the wine.

Edited by clarea

I always will ask the stateroom attendant for 2 ice buckets to remain filled with ice all day. One I will use to keep wine chilled and the other I use for ice water. The mini fridges are a little too small to fit wine bottles.

We drank one bottle in our stateroom and brought the other to the dining room. We asked our stateroom attendant on the first day if he would bring us two wine glasses (he did) and one afternoon we ordered room service and enjoyed the wine on our balcony.

The second bottle brought to the dining room didn't get finished and our servers happily stored it for the next evening.

the MDR will hold any bottle for you( you can even bring it down early for them to chill it for you) until it is gone( not that that EVER happens with us). same with specialty venues.

or you can ask for an ice bucket from your cabin attendant. if you do not actually meet them face to face the first day, a note is fine.

I always will ask the stateroom attendant for 2 ice buckets to remain filled with ice all day. One I will use to keep wine chilled and the other I use for ice water. The mini fridges are a little too small to fit wine bottles.

Never had a problem fitting wine bottles (750 ml or 1 L) in the cooler. Just need to remove the ships goodies that are in the cooler and stash them away.