Elite Laundry ?

lovey1103

Drinking the mini bar setup doesn't burden the crew with "extra" duties (i.e. extra clothes to wash).

Your comment is not a fair comparison.

I'd compare it to sharing the all inclusive beverage package.

The "cabin" is elite. As per the nametag on your mailbox.

Not according to Princess. They have posted on FB that the laundry perk is shareable with those booked in the cabin, just like the mini-bar or even the Platinum/Elite lounge. No, you won't find these shareable perks in print. Just ask any Captain's Circle host if you don't believe me.

What isn't appropriate is to send out laundry for family or friends not booked in your cabin.

Oh Pam... and I just gave you praise in another thread for providing solid information.

I'd say the answer is really "shades of grey". So let's break this down and apply it to Princess Passengers and CC Posters....

I tend to agree with Elitein85days that the benefit TECHNICALLY is for the Elite member only.

PRACTICALLY speaking... I would agree with Pam, that including a non-elite spousal item is not great cause for concern. It's like driving 35 mph in a 30 mph zone.

(Oh and that mini-bar analogy is baseless and far off. I take my set-up home and guests in my home consume it; Princess has yet to fine me, probably because it cost them no more or no less when others consume what was given me.)

Where we seem to go off the tracks is when a single non-elite item for the comp laundry bag becomes two, then three, then a whole bag or bags because that fuzzy line keeps getting moved to now include friends or family in other cabins.

Did you read the posts about laundry taking 3 or so days to get back? That happens when the laundry gets overloaded. Yes, starting a cruise after five or more days of travel, really DOES make free laundry and cleaning a great perk. But ask yourself... do you really NEED to have all five days of dirty clothes cleaned at once? Perhaps a few items extra each day, spread over several days wouldn't overwhelm the laundry department and clothes would be ready closer to the "next day" typical service.

As for sources of information quoted in posts here, sadly, my experiences have lead me to conclude that there is a great deal of mis-information from the staff. I've been in situations on board where I will challenge a staff member by asking them to cite their source. Usually flustered, they will admit that they don't have one and what they are repeating or stating as a policy is really just hearsay. And Pam, I'm more likely to believe that the marketing person charged with updating and writing on the FB page made it up using their good judgement, rather than checking or convening a meeting to get a formal answer.

I doubt JS herself would even venture the time to clarify this one. So we're more or less on the honor system. And know that when there's notification that laundry will be delayed beyond next day, that most likely there are cheaters at work either having their Spring Wardrobe cleaned or that of friends and family.

The "cabin" is elite. As per the nametag on your mailbox.

You are so right! I can remember that first time I traveled with Elite status... It was so quick after my previous trip that the ship had the Platinum tag on my mailbox, which I pointed out to the steward.

He knocked on my door and I was close enough to open it and watch him take out the Platinum tag and snap in the Elite tag.

It was A-M-A-S-S-I-N-G! The whole cabin started to glow as it morphed into an Elite Cabin all the while there was an ethereal sort of hum.

Oh, since that special day, I've taken EVERY elite nametag home and tried to replicate that magic with my mailbox at home. Sadly it's never worked and my drycleaner has always made me pay. Although I do use a 20% coupon every time.

Say... do you think Princess will coupon match for Laundry and Cleaning???

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Your sarcasm just made my whole friggin' day....

And I'm glad you realize I was poking fun at the comment and NOT at the person. Sometimes it's just good fun to cut-up and laugh here, lest we offend the one or two mod's with stick so tightly....

Did you read the posts about laundry taking 3 or so days to get back? That happens when the laundry gets overloaded.
I've experienced that several times. Nothing like a 7-day turnaround to make your day as you're running out of clothes. The laundry overload has more to do with the number of Elite on a cruise than a few extra items. Quite a few of my cruises have had well over 1,000 Elite. On a couple of my cruises, Elite were truly abusing the system, sending out 5-7 bags a day in a variety of sizes. That's abuse.

I'll repeat that Princess considers the Elite perks per cabin.

I've experienced that several times. Nothing like a 7-day turnaround to make your day as you're running out of clothes. The laundry overload has more to do with the number of Elite on a cruise than a few extra items. Quite a few of my cruises have had well over 1,000 Elite. On a couple of my cruises, Elite were truly abusing the system, sending out 5-7 bags a day in a variety of sizes. That's abuse.

On that particular subject I was thinking of one of your posts where you reported how mad people were on a TA when it took many days to get items back.

Yes, I agree that high number of Elites have an impact. My first cruise with Elite status was Regal Princess in Dec 2014 for a 7 day. I packed VERY LIGHTLY expecting to re-use clothing. I must have missed the "delayed laundry" threads because it was with horror that I read the attached card on the laundry tickets warning of long delays.

I related my clothing situation to my steward, the first morning as I handed him my small bag of a few items. He told me: "no problem. It will be back tomorrow by dinner." And I never had an issue. I credited that in part to NOT sending a week's worth at one time. I don't remember the count from the CC Party, but Regal had just arrived a month prior to Ft. Lauderdale, so I'm certain there was a high number of Elites.

As to your repeated point. Tell me what would happen in this situation based upon what you state.

Mrs. Elite shares a cabin with Mr. Platinum. Mrs. Elite fills out one ticket with her cabin number and her laundry and Mr. Platinum completes his laundry ticket with that same cabin number he shares with his wife.

Her's gets charged to her account and his gets charged to his own. We know that her's will get credited off. According to what you state, his should also be adjusted from his since he's staying in the cabin of an elite.

But will it????

As to your repeated point. Tell me what would happen in this situation based upon what you state.

Mrs. Elite shares a cabin with Mr. Platinum. Mrs. Elite fills out one ticket with her cabin number and her laundry and Mr. Platinum completes his laundry ticket with that same cabin number he shares with his wife.

Her's gets charged to her account and his gets charged to his own. We know that her's will get credited off. According to what you state, his should also be adjusted from his since he's staying in the cabin of an elite.

But will it???? YES

Have cruised several times and shared a Cabin with a non-Elite Cabin Mate;

we had different Booking Numbers.

Had two scenarios occur:

1) Non-Elite was charged/credited; as was I.

2) Non-Elite was charged; however not credited.

Went to the PSD and had the charge transferred to my Folio.

Credit was issued.

Edited by CruisenOne

Am I the only elite who does my own laundry? Disappointed with results when I have used it. Would never send undies anyway. All laundry done in a couple of hours rather than waiting days.

In my view, the real perks are 2 coffee cards and free internet.

On that particular subject I was thinking of one of your posts where you reported how mad people were on a TA when it took many days to get items back.

Yes, I agree that high number of Elites have an impact. My first cruise with Elite status was Regal Princess in Dec 2014 for a 7 day. I packed VERY LIGHTLY expecting to re-use clothing. I must have missed the "delayed laundry" threads because it was with horror that I read the attached card on the laundry tickets warning of long delays.

I related my clothing situation to my steward, the first morning as I handed him my small bag of a few items. He told me: "no problem. It will be back tomorrow by dinner." And I never had an issue. I credited that in part to NOT sending a week's worth at one time. I don't remember the count from the CC Party, but Regal had just arrived a month prior to Ft. Lauderdale, so I'm certain there was a high number of Elites.

But will it????

The form you fill in for the laundry asks for the cabin number and the passenger's LAST name. If the two passengers have the same last name, there is no way that anyone would know who sent the laundry out.

We only send non-delicate fabrics for the free laundry. Except for the undies, they are delivered back in hangers

I'm very careful about what I send. If it might shrink or fade, I do it myself in the laundromat or cabin sink. What's nicest is my husband's shirts coming back pressed. He like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The form you fill in for the laundry asks for the cabin number and the passenger's LAST name. If the two passengers have the same last name, there is no way that anyone would know who sent the laundry out.

And there's no way they would know whether they are husband and wife, brother and sister.... or even their religious preference! But that's all just off point.

What's relevant is the situation where they don't have the same last name. If this were truly a Magical Elite Cabin perk, then CruisenOne in the second example should not have needed to transfer the non-elite laundry charge to the elite folio to get it comp'd. They could have simply told the pursers desk: "I read it on cruise critic that it is free for everyone in the Elite Cabin," and instantly it would have been removed.

But it wasn't. So my money's on Elitein85days with the TECHNICALLY CORRECT answer that this is an ELITE MEMBER ONLY benefit and NOT a cabin wide benefit.

Having an item or two of a non-elite cabin mate's dirty clothes fall in the Elite's bag: wrong but still tolerable.

Sorta like going over the speed limit by a few miles.

But just don't do it in a School Zone.

I'm a rules follower. I think the person who is elite gets the perks. I guess I'm an evil person, but I haven't put my companion's clothes in with mine when I send it to the laundry. The bar set-up is different in the sense that it's a gift they give me which I can share later if I choose. Laundry is a service. If everyone is elite because they're in an elite cabin, then both would get the discount in the gift shops. Then, it wouldn't matter who's name is put on the laundry slip. I'm sure they tell people it's OK so that they can make people happy, but I agree that technically it's the elite person's perk. That's just my opinion. Will they catch you? Probably not.

On my last cruise it was 3 days to return the laundry. Lately, I've just been doing my own. I wash it. spin it for a couple minutes and then put it on hangers to dry in my closet. It's so much faster and easier.

So on my next cruise where I'm elite and my cabin mate is gold, Princess is going to give him all of the elite perks because he's in my cabin?

I don't think so.

Pam, you're just wrong on this and you're spreading incorrect information.

Before my wife became Elite I was and she got all the Elite Perks no one ever asked if she was or not. We just thought it was ok because we were married.

Naturally we were in the same cabin.

Tony

So she also got internet credit (assuming she wasn't already platinum since that benefit is the same as elite), she got to go to the wine tasting for free?

So she also got internet credit (assuming she wasn't already platinum since that benefit is the same as elite), she got to go to the wine tasting for free?

We don't drink so we did not go to the wine tasting. She was a platinum member. She only had one less cruise then me at the time and it was a long time ago when you got the Internet free if you were a platinum member. I think it was in 2004.

Tony

I send out only clothes that can withstand a great deal of heat when drying. Also, as an Elite, do not select the fast service- as you will have to pay for that.

I still wash my delicates and let them dry on low or drip dry.

I do send out a great deal of laundry as I run, walk, jog- and can only wear those clothes one time before they need to be washed.

Also, we no longer request any starch in the shirts. Makes them too crunchy.

So, under the theory that the elite perks are only for the elite person and not for the cabin, an elite status couple traveling with their gold status child leaves them behind for the elite/suite boarding area? They have the perk, the child does not. Silly question, but similar issue.

So, under the theory that the elite perks are only for the elite person and not for the cabin, an elite status couple traveling with their gold status child leaves them behind for the elite/suite boarding area? They have the perk, the child does not. Silly question, but similar issue.

No. If your minor child is in your cabin- they will be welcome in the Elite boarding area.

Am I the only elite who does my own laundry? Disappointed with results when I have used it. Would never send undies anyway. All laundry done in a couple of hours rather than waiting days.

In my view, the real perks are 2 coffee cards and free internet.

We have been Elite level for several cruises and have never received a free coffee card as a perk. Neither is it listed on the Captain's Circle list of benefits on the Princess site.

We are booked on another Princess cruise in Feb. Who do we contact to get our coffee card perk?

Thanks,

Henry

We have been Elite level for several cruises and have never received a free coffee card as a perk. Neither is it listed on the Captain's Circle list of benefits on the Princess site.

We are booked on another Princess cruise in Feb. Who do we contact to get our coffee card perk?

Thanks,

Henry

You've got to turn in your complete setup to get the "free" coffee cards. So they're not quite free.

Thanks,

Henry

Henry

We exchange our mini bar for 2 coffee cards. Think you can also exchange for soft drinks, water or bottle of wine, but haven't done that. Sure someone will advise.

Gillian