Internet Package discount question

Hi everyone--

Has any Crown and Anchor member recently sailed and pre-purchased the internet package from the cruise planner??

Royal Caribbean advertises a 30% discount to onboard prices - anyone found this to be true?

But what I am really interested in is whether anyone pre-purchased the package to take advantage of the 30% discount and then has the value of the Crown and Anchor discount applied as cruise credit when they sailed as this shows:

http://www.******************.com/sites/default/files/blog-images/CWrOQLmUkAAwEp6.jpg

(the *************** should be royalcaribbenblog)

There is no date on the letter, so I can't tell if this is still accurate.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by tommydick

Royal Caribbean advertises a 30% discount to onboard prices - anyone found this to be true?

Yes, the 9.09/day price you see in your planner for a one device SURF package is 12.99 on board. And as was mentioned, you can't use your C&A discount on board once you buy the package online.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what current Diamond internet discount is? Trying to figure out if it's better to take the 30% off or wait until onboard and use the Diamond discount.

Thanks!!

Last I saw the discount was $20.

Hi everyone--

Has any Crown and Anchor member recently sailed and pre-purchased the internet package from the cruise planner??

But what I am really interested in is whether anyone pre-purchased the package to take advantage of the 30% discount and then has the value of the Crown and Anchor discount applied as cruise credit when they sailed as this shows:

http://www.******************.com/sites/default/files/blog-images/CWrOQLmUkAAwEp6.jpg

(the *************** should be royalcaribbenblog)

There is no date on the letter, so I can't tell if this is still accurate.

Thanks

Tom

We're D+ and pre-purchased the package...You can cancel once onboard if it works out cheaper...it didn't for us. Ours ended up being $63.63 per week for the Surf... one device... one person...but we both used it just not at the same time of course.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what current Diamond internet discount is? Trying to figure out if it's better to take the 30% off or wait until onboard and use the Diamond discount.

Assuming there are no changes to recently reported prices and discounts, you are better off using your D discount on board for any cruise 7 days or shorter for the one device SURF package (assuming you use one coupon the first day and the second coupon for the remaining days package).

Does anyone know the approximate bandwidth/speed for the various levels of service on the Oasis?

Haven't seen recent reports but SURF used to be capped at 5 MBs down and 1 MBs up while STREAM can be up to 25 MBs down and 5 MBs up. Ping should be the same for both tiers around 200 ms.

At 5MB that would be plenty to stream.

The upper limit is around 5MB with SURF, that doesn't mean you'll get 5 MB all the time. Unlike land based internet, the ship's system has lots of variables. But you are correct, normally you'll be able to stream most things with just the SURF package.

The upper limit is around 5MB with SURF, that doesn't mean you'll get 5 MB all the time. Unlike land based internet, the ship's system has lots of variables. But you are correct, normally you'll be able to stream most things with just the SURF package.

I don't think we got anywhere near 5MB on Harmony last month.

The surf fee was excessive for what we got. struggled to even do email:(

If the recent report from Anthem is any guide, lowering of the BW limits seems to be on going. On Anthem STREAM is limited to about 4MB and I assume SURF is less than 1MB (.5MB on most other ships). Such lower limits may or may apply to other O3B equipped ships.

Are the slower speeds an issue of too many people using it, or is RC dropping the caps to encourage purchase of the higher package?

I suppose if they really intend the Surf package to just be for surfing, 1MB fits the package description better.

Edited by mattg43

Is the slower speeds an issue of too many people using it, or is RC dropping the caps to encourage purchase of the higher package.

I suppose if they really intend the Surf package to just be for surfing, 1MB fits the package description better.

Can't say for sure what is happening, but it looks to me as if the caps are being lowered on both packages.

Assuming there are no changes to recently reported prices and discounts, you are better off using your D discount on board for any cruise 7 days or shorter for the one device SURF package (assuming you use one coupon the first day and the second coupon for the remaining days package).

Biker19 - I have to say a big thank you to you, we just got off the Serenade this morning and as you advised on another thread I used one D+ BOGO for the first two days then used the second D+BOGO off a package for the remainder of the cruise - it ended up only costing us $11.98 for Internet to cover the whole week - many thanks once again.

Biker19 - I have to say a big thank you to you, we just got off the Serenade this morning and as you advised on another thread I used one D+ BOGO for the first two days then used the second D+BOGO off a package for the remainder of the cruise - it ended up only costing us $11.98 for Internet to cover the whole week - many thanks once again.

Going on the Serenade next week. We are both Diamond Plus. Can get 2 free days with one...then let some days pass....and buy the package for say an additional 10 days, or do you have to buy the package for the entire cruise to get the Diamond Plus Discount? Note, this is a 16 night Transatlantic

Going on the Serenade next week. We are both Diamond Plus. Can get 2 free days with one...then let some days pass....and buy the package for say an additional 10 days, or do you have to buy the package for the entire cruise to get the Diamond Plus Discount? Note, this is a 16 night Transatlantic

I believe that when a package is offered on board, you can either buy one 24-hour period, or a package that lasts the rest of the cruise.

I believe that when a package is offered on board, you can either buy one 24-hour period, or a package that lasts the rest of the cruise.

I have 3 sea days during my upcoming cruise. Can I use my Diamond free day for one and buy 2 24 hour passes? Also, if I buy my package at like 5pm, does it last until 5pm the following day? Or just until midnight.

I have 3 sea days during my upcoming cruise. Can I use my Diamond free day for one and buy 2 24 hour passes? Also, if I buy my package at like 5pm, does it last until 5pm the following day? Or just until midnight.

Yes, you can use your D coupon for one 24-hour period and then buy a package for the rest of the days. The packages are based on 24-hours, so in your example, it would last until 5pm the following day.

Yes, you can use your D coupon for one 24-hour period and then buy a package for the rest of the days. The packages are based on 24-hours, so in your example, it would last until 5pm the following day.

Perfect thanks! My wireless international rate is pretty good (perks of working for a cell company!) so I won't need any internet for port days.