Escape in Haven ~ 7day Eastern Caribbean ~ video and pictures

MemeCruise

Finally, I finished my 1st cruise review for Cruise Critic, inspired by the many contributors on this forum, THANK YOU ALL for sharing your great tips and experience! We went on a 7day Eastern Caribbean cruise from 30 April - 7 May 2016, we're in total with 14 (8 adults and 6 children) staying in various Haven suites. I had a small accident while we're on a boat trip in Tortola, which allowed me to see the emergency care on the Escape as well! Now I'm almost fully recovered and managed to put a video together of the material I made prior to the accident, I planned to shoot much more footage but did not foresee the accident, painkillers (not the cocktails!) kept me low profile during the latter half of the cruise. Hopefully you'll still appreciate this video. We all really enjoyed this cruise and are planning to cruise with NCL again, hopefully I'll get the chance to make a more complete coverage than! Happy viewing, if you have any questions please let me know!

Hey, great video!!

Do you mind me asking where you went in Nassau? That beach looked amazing and we would live to go there.

We are in the Haven in December, it looks amazing. Thank you for posting your experience.

Thank you! In Nassau we went to the One & Only Club resort for lunch at the Dune restaurant. The beach in front of the premises is actually for registered hotel guests only, but if you walk a few meters further down, the beach is equally as beautiful!

We booked it 1 year prior to the cruise, as we're a party of 14 and it was to celebrate my in law's 50th wedding anniversary (and ours 10th :)) we had to make some decent advance planning. A NCL cruise consultant reserved all the rooms for us, back than the Escape was still being built and we had no idea how the suites would look like. In terms of the rest of the planning, I arranged most of it and I can say it's almost like a full time job, but I enjoyed it, well most of it...!

I cant get it to play. Just came back from Breakaway Haven and booked the Escape Haven for next July. Cabin 17716. What deck were you on and hope I can open video. Thanks!

We had 2 Spa suites on deck 16 and 2 2-bedroom family villas on deck 18, hope this helps.

Great video

I really like that outdoor area in the Haven restaurant. That's a nice upgrade from the Breakaway class ships.

Indeed, it's lovely to have breakfast sitting outside on the terrace.

Awesome video! Thank you!

We will be in a 2 BR on the Escape. We will have 6 in the cabin (did this a couple of times on the Jewel/Pearl).

How did you set up the secondary bedroom with 2 beds?. We will be 4 adults and 2 young kids.

Thanks!

In the 2nd bedroom they will set up one decent double bed below (during daytime there's a sofa) and one single bed above (during daytime it's stored in the ceiling) - enough for 3 persons. In de living area there's another sofa which can be turned into a single bed in the evening. I'll ask my family members if they have taken a picture with this setting, I'll post them here if they have or maybe other CC members have?

Edited by MemeCruise

Thanks for sharing. Just curious, what injury did you have and how was the medical staff? Did you have to pay for the doctor visit and then submit to insurance? What was the cost if you don't mind sharing.

Hi cincicruisers, first of all, hopefully you won't ever need to see the medical staff at a cruise, but for your information only, my experience at Escape's emergency care was that they were very professional and experienced, operating in a very clean environment. I slipped during a boat trip in Tortola, hurt my lower back. Had minor concussion, passed out twice which was not a good sign according to the captain and decided to go back to the cruise immediately. The medical team took some blood tests, xrays and was on IV drip that day. The main costs were: doctor visit: 184, admission/discharge fee: 149, nursing fee 30 per hour, IV insertion: 109, IV shot: 138, x-rays:119, blood tests: 125. The costs could be charged to our room, when we got back home we submitted to insurance.

Once again, hope none of you will ever have to review this part of the cruise! However should you ever need their assistance, you'll be in good hands.

Why when I push the button to play it takes me to a screen that will not play b

Hi renza, can you maybe try this link and see if it works:

Or: if you're watching from iPad/Cruise Critic app: press on the screen and hold for about 2 seconds then release, a menu will pop up. Than tap 'More', 'Web View' and the video should play.

May I ask which location you're watching from? According to Youtube this video is blocked in Germany, for some reason (copyright?). Alternatively, try watching it via VPN. Hope one of these will help.

Edited by MemeCruise