select prices

weylady

hi what happens if anything if you booked as select price and the select price drops below what you paid months ago when you booked. Is it tough luck and a lesson learned.

Regards,

Michelle

Unfortunately, I think that is the case now. Previously there used to be 'Venture' fares and if they reduced, you got the reduction too, but not any longer. :(

hi what happens if anything if you booked as select price and the select price drops below what you paid months ago when you booked. Is it tough luck and a lesson learned.

Regards,

Michelle

I guess you got obc when you booked. I think if the select fare drops the obc for that fare seems to drop to. It is swings and roundabout.

If it is a popular destination some grades of cabin can as good enough as sell out ,even at select fare prices.

ok thank you for your replies, for your loyalty i think P&O should give you some more obc if the price drops, I had to book early due to my husbands work and school holidays. I will wait next time but given my luck the price will go up.

ok thank you for your replies, for your loyalty i think P&O should give you some more obc if the price drops, I had to book early due to my husbands work and school holidays. I will wait next time but given my luck the price will go up.

Why should P&O give you extra obc if they reduce the price, the travel industry for many years has reduced prices of poor or slow selling holidays and cruising is no different as all the cruise companies do it.

You might find they give you an upgrade, they seem to be doing that more now in this sort of situation.

It really is just luck as to whether the price that you booked goes down or up. We booked in February this year for a cruise in December and we paid less than today's price as someone else has already said the price fluctuates depending on how well the cruise is selling. It is probably better not to check the prices once you have booked, the only reason that I know that our cruise is now more expensive is because we had an email about additional OBC and I noticed that our cruise was included. We are still winning even though we didn't get the extra OBC.

My cruise in October was booked on launch last year. The Select fare is now £800 pp more than we paid and the Saver fare is £600 more. So some you win and some you lose. It entirely depends on the popularity of the cruise. If you book Caribbean or Baltic where there are many cruises with the same ports, then the price will drop. If it's an unusual cruise with good ports, then it won.t

So, if you bought something at full price in a shop and then the same item was reduced in the sale, would you expect the shop to refund the difference in price?

This would be possible to do at some shops where they have a refund scheme. Some will refund your money if you return goods within a predetermined timescale, in the same condition as they were purchased.

Regards John

Regards,

Michelle

This is pretty much the case, a few years ago P&O would automatically give you OBC if the select fare dropped. This did not happen a lot as the saver/Vantage/Supersaver or whatever else they called it at the time was considerably cheaper and the additional goodies for booking select were not worth the difference to most people. However that has stopped now.

As you cruise more you will get familiar with how these things work, or not as the case may be:rolleyes:. If you have specific needs which cause you to book early then you are stuck with that scenario. If you can wait you will find that 90% of the time the cruise will be cheaper, or you will get options of OBC, free parking, coach travel or all inclusive, but you will have to accept what is available. We always have a plan B, which is fine for us as we will cruise with most lines and have flexible holidays and no special requirements.

ok thank you for the replies I had too book early do to my hubbies job this cruise was the only one to fall in the dates available to us and wanting fly from bournemouth. I am well aware of the policy of shops i am a shop manager myself.

Thank you to PRINCESSTHE BEST for the support as I thought Major Toms reply was a little sarcastic.

It was only a question my second cruise and my first select cruise.

Edited by weylady

ok thank you for the replies I had too book early do to my hubbies job this cruise was the only one to fall in the dates available to us and wanting fly from bournemouth. I am well aware of the policy of shops i am a shop manager myself.

Thank you to PRINCESSTHE BEST for the support as I thought Major Toms reply was a little sarcastic.

It was only a question my second cruise and my first select cruise.

Sorry was not meant to be sarcastic just stating facts how it is.