“Live” – Alaska – Radiance of the Seas August 19, 2016 – Indecision Cruise

Sorry for the delays, as I mentioned the wifi is not very good. Yesterday we took a boat excursion with Kenai Fjords Tours. We first headed to Fox Island for a lunch of salmon and prime rib. Then we headed out in search of whales. We did not seen very many and the sightings were quick and short. It not like in Hawaii where they tend to do a lot of fin slapping and breach. But they come here to eat and would you want to be jumping with a full belly?

Our boat for the tour.

28802742590_fd1caba54c_b.jpg

28467869034_a0ea156c6e_b.jpg

29012235331_c55eafd6e6_b.jpg

28983832292_4a5f01d250_b.jpg

29056100666_12d874a780_b.jpg

We did have a lot for bald eagle sightings, this one was the closest.

28983701442_d537dbc697_b.jpg

Then it was off in search of whales, and birds. The ship's captain seemed to be a big puffin fan as we stopped whenever he found some. Illusive little guys, they would dive under any time we got close.

28470061923_3519f4bc1f_b.jpg

We saw this cute little sea otter just kicking back and enjoying the attention.

28467064734_28cb2ecf73_b.jpg

We did manage one quick whale sighting and then it was time for heading back to town.

29088105325_966d5a76a1_b.jpg

28982932862_e15f00c2d2_b.jpg

29055180056_db2130c478_b.jpg

Dinner we ate a Chinook's. Beautiful view of the harbor along with great food and drinks.

632c63a78c7f2f15c4beb84727ada163.jpg

903f20652413341e8abd405161b85c6f.jpg

a2aebf236fc25edf72b13e6199efbf9d.jpg

The scallops Mac and cheese was so nice and creamy. You could lose yourself in that bowl.

08d1dbc88cd4d5b83000eef7140c1391.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

I would try to do whale tour in Icy Strait if you still can. We did this cruise two years ago northbound and the whale tour in Icy Strait was the highlight of our trip. We used Misty Bay Lodge and they were fantastic. Their boat only holds about six people. We have done whale tours in Juneau several times and loved them but maybe we were just lucky but the whale tour in Icy Strait was so much better.

I would try to do whale tour in Icy Strait if you still can. We did this cruise two years ago northbound and the whale tour in Icy Strait was the highlight of our trip. We used Misty Bay Lodge and they were fantastic. Their boat only holds about six people. We have done whale tours in Juneau several times and loved them but maybe we were just lucky but the whale tour in Icy Strait was so much better.

We have seen whales while in Hawaii so they were sort of secondary for us on this trip. The scenery and other wild life is more what we took the excursion for. We are also going out on a boat in Juneau (Marv & Harv) so that's enough boat trips for us. :D

Can't wait to read more. Definitely subscribing. We have also toyed many times with an Alaska cruise and I WILL do one someday, hopefully soon. However my hubby prefers warmer climates when cruising...so we always do the Caribbean. LOL

this is great, looking forward to the rest of your review. Looks pretty cold, guess I need to shop for a warm hat and gloves this winter for our cruise next year. Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.

this is great, looking forward to the rest of your review. Looks pretty cold, guess I need to shop for a warm hat and gloves this winter for our cruise next year. Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.

Yeah, it's like Seattle in March when my fingers are cold 24/7. :p

Such beautiful pictures!

And I want that mac and cheese noooow

It was so gooey good. loved it. :D

First, thank you and your family for your service to our country.

Second, thank you for this thread. We did the closed Seattle Alaska cruise a few years back and it only wet our whistle. We are scheduled to do this itinerary in June (I don't want to wait that long.....).

Next, your photos are amazing and I am very much looking forward to following this thread. I know it will help me plan even better.

Lastly, we did Harv and Marv's and you will be SO happy with them. They really know their way around and it is so nice to be on a small boat with them. I can't say enough good things about them. We also did the Chilkoot Skagway tour. I'm sure you'll enjoy that as well.

Anxiously waiting all your future posts.

Thanx

Erika

First, thank you and your family for your service to our country.

Second, thank you for this thread. We did the closed Seattle Alaska cruise a few years back and it only wet our whistle. We are scheduled to do this itinerary in June (I don't want to wait that long.....).

Next, your photos are amazing and I am very much looking forward to following this thread. I know it will help me plan even better.

Lastly, we did Harv and Marv's and you will be SO happy with them. They really know their way around and it is so nice to be on a small boat with them. I can't say enough good things about them. We also did the Chilkoot Skagway tour. I'm sure you'll enjoy that as well.

Anxiously waiting all your future posts.

Thanx

Erika

Thanks for all your kind words. Also good to hear about Marv and Harv

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Paella and Dal are my first meal on board too!!! :D

Happily following along! Loved your Panama Canal review so I'm excited to see what Alaska brings!

Thanks for following. Speaking of the Panama Canal, I took advantage of an empty ship to use the Next Cruise office. I booked three cruises and one of the m is our first Celebrity cruise on Infinity. March 18, 2018 we will be sailing from Valparaiso, Chile to Ft. Lauderdale through the Panama Canal. I want to say I am looking forward to it but I really shouldn't look that far ahead, there is still a year and a half of my life to live before then. :p