What are oceania prices for vodka and cranberry and New Castle, Becks Sam Adams and

stipmom

Quite likely I'm misremembering but it seemed to me that the beers mentioned were somewhat more than the prices shown at the Preisman blog ... Have those prices been updated lately???

We were on Nautica June 25-July 15. I'd remember better if we'd had any beer while on board! But I was thinking the prices were more like $7.50 to $8.00. Again, I may well be wrong ... because I didn't remember seeing Dos Equis on the list at all!

Mura

Dos Equis beers? Trying to decide if I will have enough legitimate onboard expenses to take OBC vs the 4 "free" shore excursions.

For the "almost Cosmo" you're citing, I hope you want decent vodka (at least grey goose or kettle one). Also, the pours seem to be an ounce at most. So, doubles are essential. If you go that route, figure about $15+18% tip per drink. For "well" swill, you're still looking at more than $10 for a single when you figure in that tip.

Prestige package is$60/day and includes tips. Figure 4-5 drinks/day and you're ahead of the game.

Just off Nautica today. Newcastle Brown Ale is $7.67, that's $6.50 plus 18% tip. Big O Martini with Grey Goose was $10.25 + 18% though I think I saw it at $11.5 on one menu. The prices might have gone up while we were on board, not sure.

Edited by SellaVee

Your consumption on the ship, is very very likely to be much higher than you normaly drink. Sea days and warm climates encourage you to imbibe. Too the social interaction and the atmosphere lead many to order a bit more. That "bit more" can add up darn fast... have a few beers and a cocktail or maritin and then a glass or 2 of wine during or after dinner and your in far over the $60... I have seen professed "lite drinkers" run up $100-130 a day tabs without thinking about it...

The ship markets promotes this social drinking as part of the cruise... just be aware you just might behave differently.....

The prestige beverage package is well worth the price and the gratuities are included in the deal. It takes only 5 drinks per day on average to equal out. For example, on most days, we will have a fruity afternoon cocktail at the Waves Bar after returning from our excursion, a drink or two before dinner, a glass of wine at dinner, and then some cocktails after dinner. Some days less, some days more. In any event, it adds up quickly. I just like the idea of not having to think about what my final bill is going to be, let alone seeing a detailed account of what we have consumed during our cruise.