Linked C&A accounts with Celebrity reciprocity

I'm hoping someone can assist me :) I am a Diamond on Royal, owing in good part to my Celebrity Elite status earned several years ago. I called to link my fiance to my account so that we could enjoy the same benefits, however his account only reflects the points I have earned on Royal, which puts him at Platinum. I was under the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that he would also be placed at my tier when the accounts were linked. I have an email in to C&A, but thought perhaps someone on here might have an answer for me.

I realize this is a controversial topic as many feel this granting of status to significant others is unreasonable, but since it is currently possible, I'm going to enjoy it.

Thank you so much

Heather

I'm hoping someone can assist me :) I am a Diamond on Royal, owing in good part to my Celebrity Elite status earned several years ago. I called to link my fiance to my account so that we could enjoy the same benefits, however his account only reflects the points I have earned on Royal, which puts him at Platinum. I was under the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that he would also be placed at my tier when the accounts were linked. I have an email in to C&A, but thought perhaps someone on here might have an answer for me.

I realize this is a controversial topic as many feel this granting of status to significant others is unreasonable, but since it is currently possible, I'm going to enjoy it.

Thank you so much

Heather

Call & ask. 800-526-9723

Might be because you are platinum, and are only getting diamond benefits as a result as your elite status on celebrity. You should talk to celebrity about him matching your celebrity status and then he should get the diamond perks as well. I'd talk to the captain's club first then talk to C&A. Good luck! Love to hear what both clubs say.

It is the way the reciprocity between X and RCI ... you get the desired level, but you don't get any points. For example, if you only cruised RCI from now on, you'd have to earn each and every point to become D+. Your number of points do not actually start at the diamond level. I wonder if the best course of action would have been to get linked as Elite on the X side (since that's what you've sailed the most), then have the C&A account made.

Might be because you are platinum, and are only getting diamond benefits as a result as your elite status on celebrity. You should talk to celebrity about him matching your celebrity status and then he should get the diamond perks as well. I'd talk to the captain's club first then talk to C&A. Good luck! Love to hear what both clubs say.

I believe this is correct. His Platinum results from the OP's actual points with Royal as that is what counts towards actual tier levels with each line. But he should also enjoy Diamond benefits through the OP's Celebrity points when on Royal as well as the OP's tier level on Celebrity when cruising there.

Reciprocity between the two lines is only for benefits when cruising the other, while points are accrued separately towards tier levels on the line actually cruised.

Sounds like an excellent suggestion.

Just to update -

The idea of contacting the X Captain's Club was a good one, however my SO has never sailed on Celebrity, so I'm quite certain they wouldn't issue him a Club number.

I sent an email to C&A the day I posted the original question and had been intending to follow up with a phone call. Turns out, it wasn't necessary. They contacted me today telling me that they had changed my fiance's tier to Diamond to match mine. I was fully expecting them to deny my request, so I'm so pleasantly surprised by this result.

Thanks for all the input!

Smooth Seas and Cool Drinks for all,

Heather

How do you go about joining C&A? Is it worth it? And how many cruises does it take to advance to each level? I'm going on my first cruise with RCCL (2nd cruise ever) on Ovation Dec16.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is probably a link on the aussie site, but here is the US site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/

How do you go about joining C&A? Is it worth it? And how many cruises does it take to advance to each level? I'm going on my first cruise with RCCL (2nd cruise ever) on Ovation Dec16.

Joining C&A is free so you don't have anything to lose. You move up to different level based on number of nights cruising. You get double points if staying in suite or travelling single. You will start at Gold after your first cruise with next level being Platinum at 30 points and so it continues. You will find the information on RCI website.

Just to update -

The idea of contacting the X Captain's Club was a good one, however my SO has never sailed on Celebrity, so I'm quite certain they wouldn't issue him a Club number.

I sent an email to C&A the day I posted the original question and had been intending to follow up with a phone call. Turns out, it wasn't necessary. They contacted me today telling me that they had changed my fiance's tier to Diamond to match mine. I was fully expecting them to deny my request, so I'm so pleasantly surprised by this result.

Thanks for all the input!

Smooth Seas and Cool Drinks for all,

Heather

Glad you got it resolved but you may want to call the captain's club anyways before you sail with celebrity again. Unlike Royal you can sign up before you sail. They start at zero points whereas Royal starts with 1 (after you sail) .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad you got it resolved but you may want to call the captain's club anyways before you sail with celebrity again. Unlike Royal you can sign up before you sail. They start at zero points whereas Royal starts with 1 (after you sail) .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn't know that...or didn't remember if I did know :D

Thanks so much! I will definitely do that.