Breathe breathe breathe

I have 107 days to my cruise in December, made the final payment a week early, and getting super super excited. Must remember to breathe.

Any one else go through hyperventilation when it comes to the last few months before your cruise?

I have 107 days to my cruise in December, made the final payment a week early, and getting super super excited. Must remember to breathe.

Any one else go through hyperventilation when it comes to the last few months before your cruise?

Excited now? Just wait until you get down to 90 days and you can complete your online check-in! :D

Small world- mine's that time too [first time with RCI] and I just made the final payment last week. It's still a pretty long wait but I want to pack already haha.

Sounds familiar. I want to pack after final payment as well.. My DH thinks I am nuts..:p

To add to the excitement, (as if you could stand anymore) around 49 days before sail away you can get your eDocs and luggage tags! That should pump you up!

We find ourselves making up milestones to count the days. Like... "We sail away X weeks from today", and "Our cruise is NEXT month", and "School starts next week"

But we're closer than that. Today's milestone is "We're packing 3 weeks from now" Tomorrow it will be "We're driving to Galveston in 3 weeks".

Mostly we drive ourselves crazy with anticipation. But in a good way! :p

If there's a better way to spend a week of vacation, let me hear it!

Just as I thought.... crickets! :D

I'm always ok right up until packing then, I get anxious, always get butterflies and worry I'm going to forget something really important... sigh. This has not gotten any easier with 4 cruises gone. :(

Enjoy your cruise, and best wishes for a smooth sailing!

Not so much hyperventilating, we're boarding our cruise this Saturday and I'm as usual wildly excited and half nervous with the anticipation of putting all of my paperwork together. I am very organized and have a whole system worked out but, it's the "Cruise is finally here thrill" just booming now.

Your cruise will get here. Enjoy it and book many more.

Jonathan

Excited now? Just wait until you get down to 90 days and you can complete your online check-in! :D

I must never have tried before 90 days, I guess, because I thought last weekend that doing the Set Sail Pass would make our cruise that is just under 200 days feel closer and got the message to come back when under 90 days. :(

I guess it has been this way and I just managed not to try to do this too soon.

I wonder why they limit us to 90 days before, though. What difference could it make?

I must never have tried before 90 days, I guess, because I thought last weekend that doing the Set Sail Pass would make our cruise that is just under 200 days feel closer and got the message to come back when under 90 days. :(

I wonder why they limit us to 90 days before, though. What difference could it make?

I think it was sometime within the last year that they have been limiting the time that online check-in could be completed. We used to be able to do it as soon as we booked the cruise, no matter how far in advance.

No.

I believe it has something to do with making sure that RCI has current info regarding it's passenger manifest. Things are getting progressively tighter post 9/11.

I think it was sometime within the last year that they have been limiting the time that online check-in could be completed. We used to be able to do it as soon as we booked the cruise, no matter how far in advance.

Bob, if you are doing B3B or more ;), do you have to do online check for all of them?

is that when you can do it? Should be hitting the 90 mark next week then. I'll have to get that handled for mom, assuming she get's her passport in the mail by then. She tend to get nerved up when traveling (has gotten worse as she's gotten older) so I try to make it as stress free as possible. She's absolutely delighted I've managed to get all her show and dinner reservations done already. Getting her online check-in done with would give one less thing to worry about. Thanks for the heads up on the timeline!

Bob, if you are doing B3B or more ;), do you have to do online check for all of them?

I actually don't know John. I have always filled out all the online check-ins, but have only printed the SetSail pass from the first cruise.

I guess in the back of my head I'm thinking about the ability of Royal IT to properly replicate the information from the first cruise and that's when I decide to fill them all out.

Edited by clarea

I actually don't know John. I have always filled out all the online check-ins, but have only printed the SetSail pass from the first cruise.

I guess in the back of my head I'm thinking about the ability of Royal IT to properly replicate the information from the first cruise and that's when I decide to fill them all out.

LOL, right?!