CRUISE REVIEW: Iceland - Island of Fire and Ice on Celebrity Eclipse

Miaminice

Since I will probably never get to Iceland, I have now had the ultimate pleasure of seeing it through your eyes. Thank you so much for taking the time and the most wonderful photography for an insight into such a beautiful country!

Finally our trip to Iceland continues...

Part 7 and 8 telling the story of our Reykjavik and "Golden Circle" excursions are (finally) online.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Iceland with us...

Enjoy!

001-Reykjavik-Stripe.jpg

Oliver, thanks for letting us know that you have made good progress in your review. I am so glad that you spent the day in Reykjavik, since our two days of tours didn't leave any time to visit there, other than to take a couple shots of the exterior of the church. I so wanted to spend more time, so I am glad that your photos brought that to me. There were also plenty of other lovely sights to see there.

It has always interesting to read other peoples reviews of a cruise we share with them. The places that people visit vary so much as do the photos. Thanks again for sharing.

This was wonderful!!! Brought back many happy memories of the ship and of Iceland. We went by land from NY (only 5 hours by plane) several years ago and absolutely loved it. Only major difference between your trip and ours was Gulfoss...the spray was actually freezing in mid air and the lower lot was VERY slippery...but I loved seeing all the places again in summer. (we went in October) Beautiful pictures.

Finally our trip to Iceland continues...

Part 7 and 8 telling the story of our Reykjavik and "Golden Circle" excursions are (finally) online.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Iceland with us...

Enjoy!

Nice blog! Thanks for the link.

Iceland Cruise Review - The Finale

With the continuation of part 8 and parts 9 and 10 our cruise review is complete. I apologize for taking so long this time.

Travel to Iceland with us one last time and click on the link below:

We hope we were able to take you along on our journey to this fantastic county.

Safe travels on all of life´s journeys to you!

001-Belfast-Stripe.jpg

Edited by Miaminice

We are booked on this cruise in May 2017. Thanks for the great preview!

As Mike already said, you wil enjoy it. Iceland is beautiful and unique and its people are very friendly and welcoming!

Safe travels and lots of unforgetable moments

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for your kind words!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed joining us on our trip to Iceland.

In two weeks from now we'll start our next cruise from Venice.

Can't wait...

Thank you for an amazing piece of work in respect of the photos and the descriptions. We booked this cruise for the same time in 2017 a couple of months ago and I have just been researching Iceland and came across your blog. It is saving me a lot of work!

I even went on line with Europcar but it says at the ports that cars are not available at this time - I would like to ask you how far in advance did you book for the May sailing and whether you were able to book for port collection at that time?

With your script I think we will be able to navigate ok too. Just need that amazing sunshine you had. Best wishes. Lee

Hi Lee!

I just checked my old emails. We booked the cars in January.

I contacted Holdur.is which is the local agency for Europcar.

They were quite helpful and the overall service - as you could read in the review - very good.

In Belfast I called the Enterprice office in March. They took my name and ask me to make a reservation online which they could link to my name and request I made on the phone. Also very easy...

Safe travels!

Oliver