Best way Port of Miami to FLL

volk904

Looking for the best or least expensive way From the Escape to Ft Lauderdale airport?

As a few have said, Uber is fine but it also will depend on your flight time and how much room you need for luggage. We have used a private service with a Suburban type vehicle and for 3 of us they will pick us up at port in the morning and drive us to South Beach so we can have a nice brunch then off the Ft. Lauderdale airport all for about $140.00. Another time it was a little more creative but worked great, we got a Miami Excursion through NCL to be picked up with the "Big Bus" tour thing and it worked out good because you can follow the schedule and get on and off and eat or shop etc and when you're ready to go to the airport they load your luggage on a van and drive you to Ft. Lauderdale airport as part of the service.

(Uber you really need to be careful because there are thousands of people requesting Uber at the same time and numerous times we seen people at port trying to get 4 people and 8 pieces of luggage in small sedans and it not working and then they would have to use 2 or 3 Ubers and drive separately)

It's likely that they weren't aware of how Uber works. You need to order the type of car/service that fits your needs. Choosing Uber XL requests an SUV/Mini van and seats at least 6 passengers. They would have been fine with the luggage.

In response to OP, I concur with others who recommended Uber. I have always had very good experiences in various cities. I did use it from POM to FLL and it was about $31.00 and that incl. tip. I did tip extra because he loaded and unloaded luggage.

[quote name=

(Uber you really need to be careful because there are thousands of people requesting Uber at the same time and numerous times we seen people at port trying to get 4 people and 8 pieces of luggage in small sedans and it not working and then they would have to use 2 or 3 Ubers and drive separately)[/quote]

Its a 30-minute trip or so. It'll run you about $80 for a taxi or about $30 per person for a shared bus/van. To me its worth the extra few bucks to get a taxi. For a shared ride you have to wait for it to fill up and then wait for everyone to get dropped off at the airport (assuming you're near the end of the line). I'd rather just get from point A to B. The taxi line moves fairly quickly.

Yes, Uber/Lyft will be cheaper, but taxis usually offer more trunk space and taxi vans can hold more than 2-3 people comfortably (if needed).

There are many shuttle services like QLS, goMJS, and SAS which offer these transfers for about $15 pp. Easy and reliable. Taxis to FLL are expensive in comparison.

Its a 30-minute trip or so. It'll run you about $80 for a taxi or about $30 per person for a shared bus/van. To me its worth the extra few bucks to get a taxi.
Eighty bucks for a taxi versus 30 bucks for a shared van. A fifty dollar difference is not an "extra few bucks". Maybe the NCL bus is 30 a piece, but other shared shuttles like the ones mentioned above and JiffyJeff are 15.00 per person.

Its a 30-minute trip or so. It'll run you about $80 for a taxi or about $30 per person for a shared bus/van. To me its worth the extra few bucks to get a taxi. For a shared ride you have to wait for it to fill up and then wait for everyone to get dropped off at the airport (assuming you're near the end of the line). I'd rather just get from point A to B. The taxi line moves fairly quickly.

Yes, Uber/Lyft will be cheaper, but taxis usually offer more trunk space and taxi vans can hold more than 2-3 people comfortably (if needed).

Only NCL charges $30 pp. Private shared charge @ $15. Big difference in price between $15 and $80 for a taxi. I guess it may depend on the number of people in your party. If there are several of you and you can secure a taxi large enough to accommodate the group, then that might be a cheaper option than $30 pp on a shuttle. But for two people, no way would I do a taxi.

And there is really no waiting for a shuttle. You tell them your pick up time when you reserve. They assign those pick up times to one or more vehicles as needed. They contact you by phone as you disembark. You give them your ETA for arrival at the curb. They tell you where they'll be waiting and you're on your way as soon as you board. Usually no more than 6 or 8 people, all there at pretty much the same time. They aren't going to wait for people getting off 30 minutes behind you even if there are only 4 people. Another shuttle will pick them up. No delay at the airport. The driver knows the airline stops he needs, virtually always Southwest for the entire van. If yours is different, and it is passed first, you'll be first off.

We requested an UberXL as we were leaving the terminal and he was there in 3 minutes. Large SUV with plenty of room for 4 of us and our luggage. It was the cheapest by far, even a shuttle service would have run us $60 at least plus tip. This was about $35 and we didn't have to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only NCL charges $30 pp. Private shared charge @ $15. Big difference in price between $15 and $80 for a taxi. I guess it may depend on the number of people in your party. If there are several of you and you can secure a taxi large enough to accommodate the group, then that might be a cheaper option than $30 pp on a shuttle. But for two people, no way would I do a taxi.

And there is really no waiting for a shuttle. You tell them your pick up time when you reserve. They assign those pick up times to one or more vehicles as needed. They contact you by phone as you disembark. You give them your ETA for arrival at the curb. They tell you where they'll be waiting and you're on your way as soon as you board. Usually no more than 6 or 8 people, all there at pretty much the same time. They aren't going to wait for people getting off 30 minutes behind you even if there are only 4 people. Another shuttle will pick them up. No delay at the airport. The driver knows the airline stops he needs, virtually always Southwest for the entire van. If yours is different, and it is passed first, you'll be first off.

Hi punkincc.....my concern is really not knowing what time we would actually get off the ship, even with the best intentions there could be a delay. So would we pre-arrange the shuttle for a time that we *hope* to be curbside, then phone to confirm as we actually disembark?

If you have a later flight out of FLL you might consider renting a car. National will pick you up at the port in a large bus, take you to MIA to get your car, and off you go.

We did this twice on our last cruise out of Miami. We flew into FLL and stayed overnight in a hotel near the airport. Then we drove to MIA, turned in the car, and took their free shuttle to the port.

On our return we showed the bus driver our reservation and they took us to the rental area in MIA. We picked up our car and drove down to the Keys and took in Key Largo and Islamorada, ate lunch there, and then headed back to FLL for our 4:30 PM flight. We had a place to store our luggage and had our own excursion, and still made it back to the airport 2 hours before our flight. Total cost for the day's rental was under $50 (this was in 2014, I think).

Hi punkincc.....my concern is really not knowing what time we would actually get off the ship, even with the best intentions there could be a delay. So would we pre-arrange the shuttle for a time that we *hope* to be curbside, then phone to confirm as we actually disembark?

For some guidance look at the Q & A section of the QLS ( Quality Limo Service ) website, or call them at 888-757-0021. We usually have a late morning flight from FLL and I think we probably used an 8:00 or 9:00 pick up. We do self disembark with our own luggage and never missed a pick up. This is some of the info posted: The driver will contact you@ 1 hour prior to your pick up time. You must have a cell phone and have it turned on. You need to call the driver as soon as you clear customs. You will have the drivers name, direct phone and vehicle number. If you miss your scheduled shuttle, call the office and you will have to wait for the next available shuttle. If you want an 8:00 or 9:00 shuttle, you will need to carry off your own luggage. Those passengers will disembark first.

For some guidance look at the Q & A section of the QLS ( Quality Limo Service ) website, or call them at 888-757-0021. We usually have a late morning flight from FLL and I think we probably used an 8:00 or 9:00 pick up. We do self disembark with our own luggage and never missed a pick up. This is some of the info posted: The driver will contact you@ 1 hour prior to your pick up time. You must have a cell phone and have it turned on. You need to call the driver as soon as you clear customs. You will have the drivers name, direct phone and vehicle number. If you miss your scheduled shuttle, call the office and you will have to wait for the next available shuttle. If you want an 8:00 or 9:00 shuttle, you will need to carry off your own luggage. Those passengers will disembark first.

Thanks for the info. :)

We used MJS Transport. We walked off the Escape around 7:15. Were through customs and outside by 7:30. I called our driver and he told us where he was. We met him and got on the shuttle and were at FLL by 8:20. It couldn't have went any easier. We also had a party of 8 and it was only $13 per person. Great service and very courteous drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums