delayed cruise form

chloe kitty

Did your insurance carrier provide you with a blank form ? What was your delayed sailing date - from NCL, assuming ?? That's for a delayed disembarkation & you missed ground/air transportation going home ??

Would a screenshot from Marine Traffic website, which track AIS data for ships & the premium subscription keep detailed history over longer period of time of past sailing might be useful. Otherwise, I believed you will need to contact NCL and see if customer service can email/confirm your ship's actual arrival time on the day of ... good luck.

Why? You went on your cruise! Correct?

The problem was the cruise lasted too long… This was a weird repo charter on the Getaway that arrived in Rio 10 hours late (plus 4 more hours to clear the ship). Lots of people will be filing travel insurance claims.

Why? You went on your cruise! Correct?

I usually ignore stupid comments, but this time I will respond. Yes, we did go on the cruise, but due to the 10 hour delay, we missed our flight to Buenos Aires which departed at 4 PM. Under normal circumstances, we would have plenty of time to catch our flight. We also had to overnight in Rio since the ship did not get us to the airport until 11 PM. The immigrations delay did not cause any of my problems, the late arrival, 6 PM, caused the problem. This is one of the reasons why you buy insurance! Usually you don't need/use it, but this time we did.

Edited by chloe kitty

I actually read your initial post as "my cruise was delayed on departure". Perhaps you need to be more clear, and then people will not need to make "stupid" comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where do you see departure in the initial post ?? I see no need for that kind of post since the OP just asked about a form.

. . . The immigrations delay did not cause any of my problems, the late arrival, 6 PM, caused the problem. This is one of the reasons why you buy insurance! Usually you don't need/use it, but this time we did.

I purchase trip insurance on every sailing, and always see Travel Delay as one of the very first items listed in coverage. Luckily I've never had to use that, but after reading of your recent challenge, I'm glad it's there. But I, too, would have no clue as to the procedure to request documentation.

I'm sorry to read of the situation you had to deal with, but would like to ask that you return to this thread when you find out what source actually can provide the required documents. Thanks!

I was confused reading this, too, since I thought delayed meant something different, I guess. It was late arriving, that's for sure!

I'd go right to the source, NCL for this documentation. Or I'd argue with the insurance company to investigate it themselves, since they have people to do that.

Edited by LrgPizza

I purchase trip insurance on every sailing, and always see Travel Delay as one of the very first items listed in coverage. Luckily I've never had to use that, but after reading of your recent challenge, I'm glad it's there. But I, too, would have no clue as to the procedure to request documentation.

I'm sorry to read of the situation you had to deal with, but would like to ask that you return to this thread when you find out what source actually can provide the required documents. Thanks!

I called customer service, and a supervisor there sent me an email with all needed info. I have insured dozens of cruises, but never had to use the delay coverage. This is a first for me.

I called customer service, and a supervisor there sent me an email with all needed info. I have insured dozens of cruises, but never had to use the delay coverage. This is a first for me.

Piece of cake. Glad you got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I usually ignore stupid comments, but this time I will respond. Yes, we did go on the cruise, but due to the 10 hour delay, we missed our flight to Buenos Aires which departed at 4 PM. Under normal circumstances, we would have plenty of time to catch our flight. We also had to overnight in Rio since the ship did not get us to the airport until 11 PM. The immigrations delay did not cause any of my problems, the late arrival, 6 PM, caused the problem. This is one of the reasons why you buy insurance! Usually you don't need/use it, but this time we did.

I would have ignored it as well. :rolleyes:

Congrats, Kudos, and Thanks! :)