On the Allure August 21st.. Ask away.

I am not the only one asking the question as it is a good valid question...

I was more talking about the 3 tropical storms at sea right now. 1 of which 99-L is tracking to hit Fort Lauderdale on Saturday or Sunday that could delay the Allure from coming back to port on time delaying you at sea and delaying some of us from getting on. I guess maybe I should have been a little more clear?! haha If I wanted the current temperature I could have looked on a weather App for that... haha I am more wondering what the crew is saying their plans are storm related as I am sure RCI will wait until the last second to announce anything to most people, but I am sure they will talk about it much sooner on the ship. Any extra info we can get the better we will be in making alternate travel plans. Thanks and hope you are have a blast of a week this week!

Ah yes. No mention of the storm yet. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I amon the allure as well. No mention of storms but we met with our friend who works on Disney today as both boats were in port and she said their commador said storm is hitting tonight and to expect rough seas today and tomorrow with another big one hitting Sunday?

In May, CK was only open for lunch on port days and not on embarkation day. But there were hot and cold snacks in the lounge. To eat dinner in CK every night, even with 2 menus, I think you have to love flat breads more than life itself :)

But CK was a great dinner experience for us 3 of our 7 nights.

Invest 99L has an 80% chance of development over the next 5 days and unfortunately South Florida is squarely in that area for Saturday and Sunday. And so I hate to say it, but Allure has to come from the south to get back to port. It could be a day longer cruise for those on board.

Edited by MattInFLL

In May, CK was only open for lunch on port days and not on embarkation day. But there were hot and cold snacks in the lounge. To eat dinner in CK every night, even with 2 menus, I think you have to love flat breads more than life itself :)

Invest 99L has an 80% chance of development over the next 5 days and unfortunately South Florida is squarely in that area for Saturday and Sunday. And so I hate to say it, but Allure has to come from the south to get back to port. It could be a day longer cruise for those on board.

And a day shorter for us trying to board. :eek:

We sailed up the coast of Florida after Hurricane Sandy and it was wavy that night but we made it to port. From the models now it looks like Monday will be the worst day. I hope.:eek:

Matt, can we crash at you place Sunday? Just kidding, we already have an extra room booked for Sunday, just in case.

We sailed up the coast of Florida after Hurricane Sandy and it was wavy that night but we made it to port. From the models now it looks like Monday will be the worst day. I hope.:eek:

Matt, can we crash at you place Sunday? Just kidding, we already have an extra room booked for Sunday, just in case.

I've got my fingers crossed for good weather for your embark, Andrew!! Looking forward to your scopes! We sail Allure in a few weeks!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Sure! ;)

The models were mostly in agreement last night. They're more scattered this morning. Seems like if she could get ahead of it and to the north of Bahamas she could maybe sneak in. But who knows. Crossing fingers for everyone !

So we were just told we won't hear more until tomorrow. Apparently it is still up in the air as to what way it will go/head but the captain will know more tomorrow. They were all told not to worry because he is not worried.

I'm on this 8/21 cruise as well. Can anyone back in the states keep those of us on the ship up to date on the storm status? I'm from NJ and am staying an extra night in Fort Lauderdale Sunday then flying home Monday. However, in an abundance of caution I just rented a car and will drive straight home after disembarking if flights are delayed, cancelled, etc. I have to be home Monday night for work Tuesday so can't afford travel delays.

On a brighter note, cruise is great. It's just my wife and I in an OV balcony and we don't have kids, but will try to answer questions anyone has.

Unfortunately I can report chair hogs are out in force. Chairs in the shade near the pool gone by 8:30. I've been at the pool sine 8:00 today and got chairs in the shade but many were already gone. Rules not enforced. Oh well, it's vacation so choosing to let it go and order a drink [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Went to chops. Not good. Great appetizer. Horrible dessert and over priced entree.

I think think this goes to show how subjective food reviews can be. I was at Chops two nights ago and thought it was mostly good. Mushroom soup and goat cheese salad appetizers were both good. Another couple near us had the slab of bacon which they loved. I ordered the branzino which was overlooked so not great. My wife had 9oz filet which was cooked perfectly and incredibly tender. Dessert was red velvet cake which was great and my wife had the huckleberry cheesecake which was also great. Price for us was good with 5-night dining package ($110 pp for all 5 nights).

150 park is a la carte and we loved it. Entire experience from beginning to end was top notch.

Giovanni's has been great in the past on other ships but something was off for us this time. Service and food delivery were rushed, no ambience at all....was filled with large parties making it as loud as your local Olive Garden. Menu and food quality similar to the past. Tirimasu still some of the best I've ever had

Izumi, Sabor and Ssmba grill all coming up before end of cruise

Latest forecast models show the potential storm track moving farther south and closer to Cuba. And it's not really strengthening. You may have a bumpy ride back but looking better for turnaround.

Soooo if we get stuck out for an unexpected 8 dayer, do I get more Crown and anchor points? Can I add on an extra night of my drink package? What about gratuities?.?

Haha inquiring minds wanna know.

I think think this goes to show how subjective food reviews can be. I was at Chops two nights ago and thought it was mostly good. Mushroom soup and goat cheese salad appetizers were both good. Another couple near us had the slab of bacon which they loved. I ordered the branzino which was overlooked so not great. My wife had 9oz filet which was cooked perfectly and incredibly tender. Dessert was red velvet cake which was great and my wife had the huckleberry cheesecake which was also great. Price for us was good with 5-night dining package ($110 pp for all 5 nights).

150 park is a la carte and we loved it. Entire experience from beginning to end was top notch.

Giovanni's has been great in the past on other ships but something was off for us this time. Service and food delivery were rushed, no ambience at all....was filled with large parties making it as loud as your local Olive Garden. Menu and food quality similar to the past. Tirimasu still some of the best I've ever had

Izumi, Sabor and Ssmba grill all coming up before end of cruise

Glad to hear. I booked a 5 night specialty dining package of the upcoming Allure 08/28. Friend said cancel them all and eat in CK every night. Not sure I could trust his advice so nice to know I've put money well spent. I'll keep my reservations along with a Chef's Table one night too :D

Soooo if we get stuck out for an unexpected 8 dayer, do I get more Crown and anchor points? Can I add on an extra night of my drink package? What about gratuities?.?

Haha inquiring minds wanna know.

Love that positive attitude and how about half fare for your next cruise:p

More uncertain forecast on system 99L -- forecast tonight sounds more uncertain about strengthening. However, it could all change tomorrow.

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL

TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

800 PM EDT THU AUG 25 2016

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical

Storm Gaston, located about 1100 miles east-northeast of the

Leeward Islands.

1. A broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is

moving westward at 15 to 20 mph through the southeastern Bahamas.

This system has become less organized since yesterday, with only

minimal associated shower activity, and the chances for development

during the next 2 days have decreased. Overall, environmental

conditions are not expected to be as conducive for development of

this system as anticipated earlier this week. However, upper-level

winds could become a little more favorable over the weekend or early

next week when the system is expected to be near the Florida Keys or

over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico.

Regardless of development, heavy rains, with the potential to

cause flash floods and mudslides, are likely over Hispaniola and

eastern Cuba through tomorrow. This system could produce gusty

winds and locally heavy rainfall over portions of the Bahamas during