Just off the Summit to Bermuda 8/14-8/21

dvond

T agree...Blu is not what it use to be. :(

I found most of the dishes in Blu to be overcooked and not delivered according to temperature ordered.

The first evening my DW's steak, ordered rare, came out well done. The last evening I wanted the duck but the waiter, when I inquired if it was overcooked, warned me it was; as was the lamb. I won't bore you with the days in between. They're precooking many of dishes and letting them finish under the warmer.

Two mornings for breakfast I specifically ordered THREE eggs over easy. Both times they would only deliver TWO. And how about those pre-frozen Lenders type bagels? They used to make them on board four years ago.

We have two more cruises through January. Not doing Blu. The cabin difference in cost is just not defensible by the quality of Blu food as the perk IMHO.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

It appears we got really lucky in BLU the week of July 31. The filet mignon the first night, wasn't great, and soups generally not hot enough. The majority of dishes were great. With that said, it was our first time in AQ so perhaps that is why it was such a great experience for us. We had a lovely window table the whole week. Also, the service was TOP NOTCH which greatly enhanced the experience.

Marie

It appears we got really lucky in BLU the week of July 31. The filet mignon the first night, wasn't great, and soups generally not hot enough. The majority of dishes were great. With that said, it was our first time in AQ so perhaps that is why it was such a great experience for us. We had a lovely window table the whole week. Also, the service was TOP NOTCH which greatly enhanced the experience.

Marie

In the dining room we got all our steaks all week rare and med rare and all came out well, sometimes the specialty is not so special

Conversely when we ate in Blu on the Constellation in February, the food was fantastic. Every dish came out cooked to proper temperature and juicy/freshly cooked. Special orders were accommodated.

Last fall when we dined in the MDR on Summit for 14 nights, most of those meals were overcooked as well.

Now I wonder if it's "chef"/ship specific.