Just off the Summit to Bermuda 8/14-8/21

dvond

Thanks for you thoughts on your cruise. Celebrity always has long dinners, but if you are seated with biners that you like, it doesn't seem as short!

I am surprised to hear the Sirens is still on Summit. That show is pretty lame & has been on Summit since at least 2013. It is long passed due for replacement!

Glad you hsd a good tine! Bermuda is great!

Thanks for you thoughts on your cruise. Celebrity always has long dinners, but if you are seated with biners that you like, it doesn't seem as short!

I am surprised to hear the Sirens is still on Summit. That show is pretty lame & has been on Summit since at least 2013. It is long passed due for replacement!

Glad you hsd a good tine! Bermuda is great!

Unfortunately each Production Show costs them so much money they they need to keep them around forever.

Now that they have finally moved production in-house hopefully they will start to roll out the new shows to the M Class ships.

Unfortunately each Production Show costs them so much money they they need to keep them around forever.

Now that they have finally moved production in-house hopefully they will start to roll out the new shows to the M Class ships.

I certainly hope so. WhileCelebrity's production shows have nver been their strong point, Sirens was one of their weakest. Perhaps it is because we've been on Summit recently more than other ships, it seems so bad. We saw it twice & that was more than enough!

I certainly hope so. WhileCelebrity's production shows have nver been their strong point, Sirens was one of their weakest. Perhaps it is because we've been on Summit recently more than other ships, it seems so bad. We saw it twice & that was more than enough!

We were new, saw it for the 1st time and thought it was one of the worst things we have ever watched on a cruise ship

I think his name was Nalish...or something like that. The same apple, and pear were left in my room for the entire cruise. One day he brought an orange...I ate it but never saw another orange in the tray. You would think that if I ate a specific fruit it would be replaced with the same fruit....but noooooo. Ice was a commodity, I ended up going to the buffet to get ice on some days.

As there were three in the suite, I asked for additional towels.....but noooooo. We were allotted three in the morning and three at night.

Except for him...it still was a great cruise

That's because I got all your oranges. ROFLMAO My cabin steward gave me six oranges EVERY DAY! All I did was ask the first day if he wouldn't mind replacing the apples with oranges. That's the difference between our cabin stewards....apples and oranges. :p

Wonderful review, Debbie. Thanks so much.

Chuck, we met Pina Colada on the July 31 cruise. What cabin is this? We were in AQ, 9043(hump slant) and inquired about foot stools but was told "only on the newer ships". It looks like you are AFT.

Marie

We had two chairs, two foot stools and one lounger. Pina Colada had her own chair. We were in AQ1 1138 aft.

Even Pina Colada loved the view.

Pina%20Colada%20enjoying%20the%20view_zpsiu9decq8.jpg

We had two chairs, two foot stools and one lounger. Pina Colada had her own chair. We were in AQ1 1138 aft.

Even Pina Colada loved the view.

Pina%20Colada%20enjoying%20the%20view_zpsiu9decq8.jpg

LOVE!!!!

Thanks for the cabin info. I am curious to see if I have foot stools on my "newer ship" when we sail AQ, on the Eclipse in January.

Cruiserstimesthree you were in the cabin next to us. I was in 1141. This was our second time on Summit, same cabin. Two summers ago we sailed the same itinerary and had an AMAZING time. Food and service were excellent. All I can say is things have really changed and not for the better. The quality of food and service have really gone down. We both work in the hospitality industry for over 30 years so we know a lot about the subject. Food in the buffet was mostly good although there seem to be less choices. Blu was OK, our second night all 4 of us ordered the lamb and it was so tough none of us could eat it. Some food choices were ok others not so much. I ordered the Angus ravioli and it was awful. That night my hubby and dad had the lobster and said it was delicious and perfectly cooked. I can't remember what my mom ordered but she loved it. The following day we opted for buffet and had a delicious leg of lamb...go figure! Saturday evening we at at Tuscan Grill and food was tasty. It was comped because of some issues that we had throughout the cruise but in my opinion not worth the extra $45 per person or more if you order the "special" dishes. The calamari fritti was good, papardelle with short rib was fantastic, the rib eye with gorgon zola was fine. Desserts were good, although I asked for the strawberries with zabaglione without the sponge cake and was told no. It was 4 huge pieces of sponge cake with pieces of strawberries and cream. The limoncello cheesecake was very good. My dad and husband enjoyed the donuts.

Service in the buffet was mostly slow and non existent the first couple of days. After voicing our opinions and listening to other people complain we noticed that all the senior staff were now assisting. Service was much better the last two days for sure. Our room attendant was very sweet and very good at his job.

We loved Cafe el bacio and went there every day after dinner. Natalia was such a sweet and funny girl, we loved her. The wine bar on the 5th floor has changed also, they removed all the wine dispensing machines that were on the walls.

I always enjoy the solarium pool and the massage therapy shower heads in the four corners but they removed them....grrrrrr!!! Why??? We very much enjoyed the Persian Gardens every day.

My hubby was very upset that he could not longer smoke on the aft bar on deck 10.

The new lounge on deck 12 is very nice. We enjoyed the nighttime movies up there. There is no longer any daily entertainment on the aft bar and I'm guessing it's because of the movie going on upstairs. Our last cruise there was a fantastic Spanish guitarist there every afternoon.

Overall we had a nice time but if Celebrity wants to maintain its customer base, a more discerning clientele that expects great food and service they need to do something to change things back to the way they were before! After speaking with several staff on board I realized that this was not the doing of the crew, it's all coming from corporate. Hey Celebrity bigwigs at the corporate offices, you need to look at what's going on onboard your ships and make some changes. If not you are going to loose many loyal celebrity guests.

I was not in the cabin next to you, I was in the penthouse suite 6147 on deck 6, I believe you were in an Aqua cabin on deck 11.

Sorry that you were unhappy in Blu, the reviews normally are very good and although the 3 times we sailed Summit, we had access to eat there, we only had a couple of breakfasts there our 1st time.

My sister is a big smoker, she understood about the smoking rules onboard and had no problem going outside on deck 4. It was a minute walk from Luminae so it was convenient for her in between courses if she wanted and after dinner. She didn't complain about it much, so I guess she was happy.

We ate in both Qsine and Tuscan Grill and thought both of those meals were fantastic. Every dish we ordered in Qsine was great. It was my 3rd time eating there, 1st time very good, 2nd time just okay and I wouldn't have gone this cruise if not for my mom and sister who had never been. Glad we did.

Tuscan Grill was excellent. Filet mignon was delicious as was everything else ordered. We didn't do the buffet really at all, not a fan, but I did get a very nice chicken salad sandwich one day, pizza another which was good, and of course the fabulous burgers/fries from the grill. Can't really comment on the other choices there.

Mom and sis were big fans of Café el Bacio, getting cappuccinos pretty much everyday.

With the exception of the pool incident, this was the best cruise we have had on the Summit! Our butler was wonderful, our dining staff was terrific.

Luminae was an added treat and breakfast and dinner were impeccable. We had meals in there that were better then some restaurants at home!

My husband had questioned if they had a veal chop on the menu in Luminae, they did not, but they did get it for him the next night. I wasn't a fan of either their menu or the MDR one night, so I was ordering the everyday sirloin, the waiter insisted on getting me filet mignon.

Michaels club was a nice place to relax and the concierge Maja was very nice and helpful for all our needs.

These little things make us a huge fan of Celebrity and we are already looking at a winter Caribbean cruise to book.

Wow those lines must have been long. We have only encountered long lines in Customs once because they decided since it was a Sunday they were only going to have 3 customs agents working. Our last cruise in May I counted 7 working.

Glad you had a good cruise.

We got to our luggage quickly and then discovered that someone who had the same color luggage as mine, same first name (John) same house # (98) but different last name, street name and phone number took our bag with them

The concierge, Maja, from Michaels club was beside herself questioning how someone doesn't read the whole tag to be sure its their luggage.

She said they had already left earlier (she walks the suite guests off) Knowing that, we were pretty sure they took our bag thinking it was theirs, since they left theirs behind.

She then called the phone number and told them they had to come back and return our bag and pick up theirs.

Unbelievably they had no concern for their bag and said they would mail mine to me....REALLY!!? When they were told that was not going to work, they then wanted us to drive and meet them on I-95, that was not happening as I was going through the city and the Holland Tunnel.

They kept saying they weren't coming back so we had to think of something!

Could you believe the nerve? You take MY bag without reading the tag and want ME to figure something out!

The head of port security then called them back and told them they had to return to the port with my bag and then they asked to speak to me. She kept saying cant we mail you your bag and I said, no I wanted my bag returned.

It wasn't till I told them that I had some of my son's medication in there that they agreed to return. So we waited outside for them for about 40 mins to come back and yes, I was nice enough to bring their bag out with me to give them instead of making them have to go back into the terminal to find it!

Some people just crack me up!

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

This was the best cabin we've ever had!!! On the Connie we were last cabin port side deck 11.

Heading into Bermuda night before docking. (Two cropped photos)

Sunset%20coming%20into%20Bermuda%20cropped%20L_zps5ghljtg8.jpgSunset%20heading%20into%20Bermuda%20w%20Pina%20R_zpsoafeewds.jpg

Here's a panoramic view of why I'm glad our bow faced the Breakaway.

Bermuda%20Panoramic_zpsxeigf97w.jpg

But John and Debbie had the Best Cabin of ALL!!! It's absolutely incredible. I'm sure they had better views than us.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We were also on this cruise and enjoyed it. We are pretty low key and easy to please. I wish there were different activities during the day, but when there wasn't anything that interested us, we just relaxed.

I didn't use the pool as I don't like the sun. However, our balcony was shaded most of the afternoon and I didn't fight anyone for a chair.

We had early dining and our waiter Alwyn and his assistant Elena were the best. Whenever we met Elena at the buffet she always greeted us by name.

The portions were smaller than in the past but more in line with how we eat.

Our cabin steward was good. Everything was spotless and he was very responsive to each request.

I agree that some of the passengers were rude. Wonder how much of that is related unlimited beverage packages. And yes, some parents should have kept a closer eye on their kids.

We met any lovely cruisers as well. Our dining companions were very congenial. Chucktown Steve we enjoyed meeting you and Virginia and touring with you.

We were scheduled to depart at 8:20, actually disembarked a few minutes early and were in the car before 9.

Would I sail Celebrity again? If we can find the right itinerary-absolutly

This was the best cabin we've ever had!!! On the Connie we were last cabin port side deck 11.

Heading into Bermuda night before docking. (Two cropped photos)

Sunset%20coming%20into%20Bermuda%20cropped%20L_zps5ghljtg8.jpgSunset%20heading%20into%20Bermuda%20w%20Pina%20R_zpsoafeewds.jpg

Here's a panoramic view of why I'm glad our bow faced the Breakaway.

Bermuda%20Panoramic_zpsxeigf97w.jpg

But John and Debbie had the Best Cabin of ALL!!! It's absolutely incredible. I'm sure they had better views than us.

It certainly was beautiful and we enjoyed it very much!

My husband is a balcony loving guy so he was thrilled to sit out there on that tremendous balcony in the late afternoons with a drink, the fruit and tea sandwich platter brought by our butler and his music playing over the speaker system.

Only bad thing, it spoils you to not wanting to ever go back to any other kind of cabin!

That's because I got all your oranges. ROFLMAO My cabin steward gave me six oranges EVERY DAY! All I did was ask the first day if he wouldn't mind replacing the apples with oranges. That's the difference between our cabin stewards....apples and oranges. :p

I would have asked the butler to bring oranges everyday and take out the other fruit, but I never saw him.

I do agree that comparing cabin stewards to cabin butlers is apples to oranges, but I got the rotten apple both on the ship and in my cabin

We got to our luggage quickly and then discovered that someone who had the same color luggage as mine, same first name (John) same house # (98) but different last name, street name and phone number took our bag with them

The concierge, Maja, from Michaels club was beside herself questioning how someone doesn't read the whole tag to be sure its their luggage.

She said they had already left earlier (she walks the suite guests off) Knowing that, we were pretty sure they took our bag thinking it was theirs, since they left theirs behind.

She then called the phone number and told them they had to come back and return our bag and pick up theirs.

Unbelievably they had no concern for their bag and said they would mail mine to me....REALLY!!? When they were told that was not going to work, they then wanted us to drive and meet them on I-95, that was not happening as I was going through the city and the Holland Tunnel.

They kept saying they weren't coming back so we had to think of something!

Could you believe the nerve? You take MY bag without reading the tag and want ME to figure something out!

The head of port security then called them back and told them they had to return to the port with my bag and then they asked to speak to me. She kept saying cant we mail you your bag and I said, no I wanted my bag returned.

It wasn't till I told them that I had some of my son's medication in there that they agreed to return. So we waited outside for them for about 40 mins to come back and yes, I was nice enough to bring their bag out with me to give them instead of making them have to go back into the terminal to find it!

Some people just crack me up!

I was standing next to you. The bag was a blue bag. Unfortunately all I could do is shake my head and wonder how stupid and inconsiderate people are. Me....I would have contacted the local police and put in a report for someone stealing my luggage. That's exactly what those inconsiderate people actually did. I guess they could have argued that they were stupid, but I don't think that would have worked in a police station. Wasted your time and I saw how aggrandize you were

I just told my wife that you posted about the incident. She had a great question (even for a wife). Did they expect you, Celebrity to mail them their luggage or did they not care about their luggage?

Edited by inforem

Good morning Debbie,

Thankx for the shout out and especially being so gracious to share your sailaway with us! I find it so unbelievable how anyone can treat you and your family that way. Y'all are so gentile and friendly! Fortunately I stayed away from the pool so we were not subjected to that. :D

I found a lot of rude people on this cruise...more so than any other cruise I've been on. Maybe because it was so crowded. You know like the experiments where they put too many rats in a cage? :p Or probably due to the short duration of 7 days.

Of course there were a lot of nice friendly ones as well. So that made up for the "rude northerners" ;) Overall we had a very good cruise.

I was told the ship is considered full (100% occupancy) when there are two people for every cabin. Then when you add a third or fourth that increases occupancy to more than considered full. But yes they must have a lifeboat seat for all souls on board.

One of the crew told me these last two sailings were the most booked of the entire Bermuda season.

PS we had a stowaway who's been on the ship the last four months. The bar staff named her Pina Colada. She stayed mostly on our balcony.

Here she was relaxing with my DW on the next chair prior to sailaway.

Pina%20Colada%20first%20day_zps8mvvedt9.jpg

"Northeners" are rude? Please explain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was standing next to you. The bag was a blue bag. Unfortunately all I could do is shake my head and wonder how stupid and inconsiderate people are. Me....I would have contacted the local police and put in a report for someone stealing my luggage. That's exactly what those inconsiderate people actually did. I guess they could have argued that they were stupid, but I don't think that would have worked in a police station. Wasted your time and I saw how aggrandize you were

I just told my wife that you posted about the incident. She had a great question (even for a wife). Did they expect you, Celebrity to mail them their luggage or did they not care about their luggage?

From listening to Maji's and then the port security officers end of the conversations, it seemed to me that they weren't overly concerned about their bag! I kept asking, "they do realize that their bag is here, right!?"

I think they were expecting that Celebrity would have mailed it back or somehow got it delivered to them!

When they finally got back to the port, the woman got out of her truck with a man behind her pulling my bag. She was really annoyed, asked me if the bag next to me was hers (it was) said "sorry" and walked away. The man said "sorry" and left my bag and walked away! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also just got off this cruise. Just a couple of notes,

Not all Northeners are rude Chucktownsteve ( the war is over! We all lost). Talking to one of the officers this cruise and the one previous were the highest booked cruises on the Summit this year. Even though it was "overbooked". I did not see an over Abundance of kids which I was expecting. I was riding a colbolt blue scooter and met many people that assisted me with the elevators etc.

Cruisertimesthree we were right over your cabin in room 7212, we saw you on your balcony a couple of times at the table and wanted to yell down but thought it might be rude.

We were at the port at 10:45 and on the ship by 11:05. Luggage was in our room by 1:15. Getting off the ship was no problem but the delay was with customs.

Overall we thought it was a great cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by pjgavaghan

I may be wrong, but a cruise ship can not "overbook". It would be against the International Maritime Laws to have more people on board then there is life boat space available. Thank the Titanic for that.

You are correct. I may be a skeptical New Yorker but I don't believe half of the stuff that the crew say. They make things up just to have an explanation as to why things are the way they are. The truth of the matter is that every service industry has cut back on service. However, they can't just come out and say Celebrity has cut back on the staff. Anyone with common sense will realize that a vacation in July and August will be a different experience compared to a vacation taken in October and November.

From listening to Maji's and then the port security officers end of the conversations, it seemed to me that they weren't overly concerned about their bag! I kept asking, "they do realize that their bag is here, right!?"

I think they were expecting that Celebrity would have mailed it back or somehow got it delivered to them!

When they finally got back to the port, the woman got out of her truck with a man behind her pulling my bag. She was really annoyed, asked me if the bag next to me was hers (it was) said "sorry" and walked away. The man said "sorry" and left my bag and walked away! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again, stupidity and rudeness comes in many ways...happy you got your luggage back. They are probably Carnival Cruiser and are not use to a quality ship with quality people. They were probably "chair hogs, table hogs and air hogs" Or just plain ignorant people

Cruiserstimesthree you were in the cabin next to us. I was in 1141. This was our second time on Summit, same cabin. Two summers ago we sailed the same itinerary and had an AMAZING time. Food and service were excellent. All I can say is things have really changed and not for the better. The quality of food and service have really gone down. We both work in the hospitality industry for over 30 years so we know a lot about the subject. Food in the buffet was mostly good although there seem to be less choices. Blu was OK, our second night all 4 of us ordered the lamb and it was so tough none of us could eat it. Some food choices were ok others not so much. I ordered the Angus ravioli and it was awful. That night my hubby and dad had the lobster and said it was delicious and perfectly cooked. I can't remember what my mom ordered but she loved it. The following day we opted for buffet and had a delicious leg of lamb...go figure! Saturday evening we at at Tuscan Grill and food was tasty. It was comped because of some issues that we had throughout the cruise but in my opinion not worth the extra $45 per person or more if you order the "special" dishes. The calamari fritti was good, papardelle with short rib was fantastic, the rib eye with gorgon zola was fine. Desserts were good, although I asked for the strawberries with zabaglione without the sponge cake and was told no. It was 4 huge pieces of sponge cake with pieces of strawberries and cream. The limoncello cheesecake was very good. My dad and husband enjoyed the donuts.

Service in the buffet was mostly slow and non existent the first couple of days. After voicing our opinions and listening to other people complain we noticed that all the senior staff were now assisting. Service was much better the last two days for sure. Our room attendant was very sweet and very good at his job.

We loved Cafe el bacio and went there every day after dinner. Natalia was such a sweet and funny girl, we loved her. The wine bar on the 5th floor has changed also, they removed all the wine dispensing machines that were on the walls.

I always enjoy the solarium pool and the massage therapy shower heads in the four corners but they removed them....grrrrrr!!! Why??? We very much enjoyed the Persian Gardens every day.

My hubby was very upset that he could not longer smoke on the aft bar on deck 10.

The new lounge on deck 12 is very nice. We enjoyed the nighttime movies up there. There is no longer any daily entertainment on the aft bar and I'm guessing it's because of the movie going on upstairs. Our last cruise there was a fantastic Spanish guitarist there every afternoon.

Overall we had a nice time but if Celebrity wants to maintain its customer base, a more discerning clientele that expects great food and service they need to do something to change things back to the way they were before! After speaking with several staff on board I realized that this was not the doing of the crew, it's all coming from corporate. Hey Celebrity bigwigs at the corporate offices, you need to look at what's going on onboard your ships and make some changes. If not you are going to loose many loyal celebrity guests.

T agree...Blu is not what it use to be. :(