Carnival WiFi Price Increases

wallygator21015

Two weeks ago on the Carnival Pride, I paid $60. dollars for (7) nights, for the WiFi Value Plan.

Yesterday, I boarded the Carnival Splendor and I paid $72. dollars for (6) nights, for the WiFi Value Plan. Checked with Guest Services and given new WiFi price increases.

Social Plan $5. Per day $30. / 6 day cruise

Value Plan $16. Per day $72. / 6 day cruise

Premium Plan $25. Per day $119. / 6 day cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two weeks ago on the Carnival Pride, I paid $60. dollars for (7) nights, for the WiFi Value Plan.

Yesterday, I boarded the Carnival Splendor and I paid $72. dollars for (6) nights, for the WiFi Value Plan. Checked with Guest Services and given new WiFi price increases.

It was a great deal when it was $ 60 so guess my upcoming 8 day cruise will be about $ 96. Yuck.

Thanks for the heads up, one less thing to be a "surprise" . That is a bummer for sure, but unfortunately the value plan is a min must for me. I just have to have email from home daily for peace of mind. So, it is good to know in advance. Thanks for the info.

Wonder if they will update their website. Copied from Carnival.com FAQs.

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day)

Value ($16 USD per day)

Premium ($25 USD per day)

Wonder if they will update their website. Copied from Carnival.com FAQs.

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day)

Value ($16 USD per day)

Premium ($25 USD per day)

OP received a discount. They had the Value Plan for a 6 night cruise and paid $72.

16 x 6 = 96

If a discount weren't given, then the OP would have paid $96 instead of $72.

OP received a discount. They had the Value Plan for a 6 night cruise and paid $72.

16 x 6 = 96

If a discount weren't given, then the OP would have paid $96 instead of $72.

I'm on the Inspiration now and just paid $35 for the $16/day plan for the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, one less thing to be a "surprise" . That is a bummer for sure, but unfortunately the value plan is a min must for me. I just have to have email from home daily for peace of mind. So, it is good to know in advance. Thanks for the info.

Is it just to keep in touch? If so, would the social plan be ok? I kept in touch using private message on Facebook. If the person you are messaging happens to be on Facebook at the same time, you could actually have a conversation with them.

They are still offering the discount it's maybe just not as much as it use to be or I wonder if maybe they base it on the # of packages that have sold at the beginning of the cruise. So if there's low interest you see the bigger discounts, when lots of packages are selling and they are expecting a high pull on their system they don't discount as much. Supply and demand type pricing to keep the load on the system down a little. Could explain the difference in prices.

Guess I'll find out in Oct, I plan to buy a 5 day social to send DH fb messages back home. Won't really need access to anything else. Then we'll download the hub to all the phones for the us to keep in touch on the ship.