Celebrity Cuisine/Dining Article (8/24/16)

Andy

They did a "family style" meal. It is suppose to be offered for groups. They did not say what size the group must be.

It was like the real family restaurants in Italy where there were big bowls of "everything" to pass around the table. Outstanding. I hope that type meals will be offered with the new menus. :)

Is the new Tuscan menu on all S-class ships?

I, too, like to always take the positive spin. There really *is* a lot of negativity here sometimes.

While personally I have no food allergies, I have a daughter with Celiac and who is lactose intolerant, and I have to say that improving this and making it a focus IS a really big deal. For those of you who don't have the issue, that's great, but let's not minimize how important and what a HUGE ordeal it is for those who have to eat a certain way. The stress that worries about cross contamination bring isn't to be discounted. So major kudos Celebrity for putting an extra emphasis and concentration on this issue!!!! If it doesn't apply to you, then you are most blessed and should be grateful you don't have those worries. But if you ever are with someone with something as life-threatening as an auto-immune disease such as Celiac, and you've seen the disappointment time after time in restaurants when servers give the blank stare about a gluten free menu, and they have to once again resort to plain salad while everyone else enjoys a spaghetti dinner, you will understand.

Tuscan Grill has always been a favorite and I've had some of the best meals there, so improving it even more and freshening up the menu is all good news to me.

I look forward to trying some of the new cocktails. I love the Sky Lounge - and it will be fun to try some new things. Who's not up for new fun drinks??!

Riedel glassware has been available upon request for a long time, but to make it standard is awesome. I drink wine from Riedel at home and it's nice to know they will have more of it on board. That's what we drank from in Luminae last fall. All I had to do was mention it and for the rest of the cruise that's what we had.

I don't drink coffee so the photos/whatever in it won't affect me, but I think it's cool if they want to do that. What's the harm? Kind of kitchy, and if you just want a heart or nothing at all I'm sure that's what you can get. I bet there will be lots of people for whom that puts a huge smile on their face!

I also don't eat sushi so the new Bistro replacement won't see my business, but there are so many places to get a bite to eat on board that I am certainly not complaining. I think for many it's a welcome change. I know my husband will want to try it.

I appreciate Celebrity continuing to move forward with new things. I imagine they're keeping track of what works and what doesn't, and I suspect the new upcoming Edge ships will have taken a lot of this into consideration. I for one can't wait till they come out. And the current small changes/tweaks might just make the cruise a wee bit more fresh.

I'm grateful we can sail on a cruise and that it isn't a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The vast majority of people on planet Earth can't even dream of ever sailing on a cruise. May I NEVER take it for granted, become complacent, or whine about something as I sail.

In fairness. I don't think anyone was criticizing the attention to food allergies and intolerances. I understand the issues myself. I have been having some digestive issues and went to a gastro and after various tests proved negative he suggested I try a Fodmap diet. OMG is it difficult to follow! It is not a gluten free diet per se, but you eliminate all items with gluten, and then some. It is sooooo difficult to follow - hard enough at home but as you said when eating out it is a huge challenge. Luckily for me, I can cut back and don't need to completely cut out but I have nothing but sympathy for those with Celiac or other similar conditions who truly have to be very strict with their diets.

I had the new Tuscan menu on our recent Millie cruise. The food was delicious! The only downside (does this count as complaining??) was that they no longer have two of our favorites from before - the onion soup and the chocolate fondue dessert. Once we were done grieving for those we really enjoyed the food they did offer.:)

Hi Everyone,

I came across this article from Seatrade Cruise News. Parts of it aren't "new" news, but thought it might be of interest to our members. Enjoy !

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/...y-program.html

Celebrity dishes up new sushi spot, special Concierge Class dining, food allergy program

Restaurant Sushi on Five, special Concierge Class dining experiences and a 'Dine Aware' program for people with food allergies are among the new culinary offerings at Celebrity Cruises.

New restaurant Sushi on Five takes the place of what was Bistro on Five. It has an à la carte menu crafted by expert sushi chef Yoshikazu 'Yoshi' Okada featuring hand-rolled sushi, fresh tableside grated wasabi, house-made soy sauce, plus a variety of starters and entrees paired with Asian-inspired cocktails, Japanese beers and premium sakes curated by a sake sommelier.

Celebrity’s Concierge Class perks now include an exclusive luncheon at the start of each sailing that showcases menus by Celebrity’s own Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher.

Gallagher also designed a new menu for Tuscan Grille that features 100% homemade pasta, artisanal salumi and cheeses, USDA prime dry-aged steaks, as well as Celebrity’s spin on Italian regional favorites. Diners can sip hand-crafted, Italian-inspired cocktails, house-made limoncello and choose from a wine list dedicated to the wine-growing regions of Italy. The new concepts will be rolled out to Celebrity’s entire fleet by the end of summer.

On Solstice-class ships, the Sky Observation Lounge now offers new hand-crafted cocktails prepared by a flair mixologist trained by the world’s top flair bartender, Christian Delpech.

And, starting in November, Celebrity will introduce Dine Aware, the only standard for the food and beverage industry that focuses on food allergy and intolerance communication and experiences. Passengers with special dietary needs will be able to dine confidently with Dine Aware, Celebrity said.

In a host of other new food and beverage touches, the line will soon implement Ripple Maker, which prints personalized images and photos on cappuccinos and lattes.

And Celebrity will take customization a step further with its 'Blendtique' wine-blending classes, allowing participants to create their own wine blend to be bottled on board and customized with personalized wine labels. Passengers then can mail order their custom blended wine to friends and family on land. Blentique will be available fleetwide by the end of 2016

Riedel glassware will become the exclusive glassware in the main dining rooms on all Celebrity ships by the end of the year, too.

Celebrity is talking about these and other food and beverage offerings as part of its 'Celebrity Distinction' brand communication initiative.

'We are now taking our expertise to an entirely new level through our latest offerings, which are adventurous, unexpected and distinct—just like Celebrity,' said Brian Abel, vp hotel operations.

Gallagher, avp, food and beverage operations, added that Celebrity uses globally inspired recipes, locally sourced ingredients and freshly prepared cuisine to 'instill even more finesse in everything we do and throughout our entire fleet. Our newest offerings are all part of crafting an unrivaled experience that only Celebrity can provide.'

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, the reply function did not work as planned. This said, thank-you very much Andy for taking the time to keep us informed on new developments at X. Like a few others mentioned, it will also be our first time on X in May, and we look forward to see, experience and taste everything that will make our experience more memorable and different from other cruises. We look forward to Riedel in MDR! cocktails in Sky Lounge etc. So thank you very much for the news!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope they also replace the Martini glasses! I was on board the Summit in June and there were none at the Martini bar😂 When we asked bar staff, they said they were broken and did not receive replacement.

We will be cruising on the Equinox on March 3rd and can't wait to try the updates.

• 3 months later...
Hi Everyone,

I came across this article from Seatrade Cruise News. Parts of it aren't "new" news, but thought it might be of interest to our members. Enjoy !

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/...y-program.html

Celebrity dishes up new sushi spot, special Concierge Class dining, food allergy program

Restaurant Sushi on Five, special Concierge Class dining experiences and a 'Dine Aware' program for people with food allergies are among the new culinary offerings at Celebrity Cruises.

New restaurant Sushi on Five takes the place of what was Bistro on Five. It has an à la carte menu crafted by expert sushi chef Yoshikazu 'Yoshi' Okada featuring hand-rolled sushi, fresh tableside grated wasabi, house-made soy sauce, plus a variety of starters and entrees paired with Asian-inspired cocktails, Japanese beers and premium sakes curated by a sake sommelier.

Celebrity’s Concierge Class perks now include an exclusive luncheon at the start of each sailing that showcases menus by Celebrity’s own Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher.

Gallagher also designed a new menu for Tuscan Grille that features 100% homemade pasta, artisanal salumi and cheeses, USDA prime dry-aged steaks, as well as Celebrity’s spin on Italian regional favorites. Diners can sip hand-crafted, Italian-inspired cocktails, house-made limoncello and choose from a wine list dedicated to the wine-growing regions of Italy. The new concepts will be rolled out to Celebrity’s entire fleet by the end of summer.

On Solstice-class ships, the Sky Observation Lounge now offers new hand-crafted cocktails prepared by a flair mixologist trained by the world’s top flair bartender, Christian Delpech.

And, starting in November, Celebrity will introduce Dine Aware, the only standard for the food and beverage industry that focuses on food allergy and intolerance communication and experiences. Passengers with special dietary needs will be able to dine confidently with Dine Aware, Celebrity said.

In a host of other new food and beverage touches, the line will soon implement Ripple Maker, which prints personalized images and photos on cappuccinos and lattes.

And Celebrity will take customization a step further with its 'Blendtique' wine-blending classes, allowing participants to create their own wine blend to be bottled on board and customized with personalized wine labels. Passengers then can mail order their custom blended wine to friends and family on land. Blentique will be available fleetwide by the end of 2016

Riedel glassware will become the exclusive glassware in the main dining rooms on all Celebrity ships by the end of the year, too.

Celebrity is talking about these and other food and beverage offerings as part of its 'Celebrity Distinction' brand communication initiative.

'We are now taking our expertise to an entirely new level through our latest offerings, which are adventurous, unexpected and distinct—just like Celebrity,' said Brian Abel, vp hotel operations.

Gallagher, avp, food and beverage operations, added that Celebrity uses globally inspired recipes, locally sourced ingredients and freshly prepared cuisine to 'instill even more finesse in everything we do and throughout our entire fleet. Our newest offerings are all part of crafting an unrivaled experience that only Celebrity can provide.'

There are 7 "innovations" mentioned in this article from last August.

The only ones I've heard people comment on are the embarkation lunch in the MDR for Concierge, the new menu in Tuscan and Sushi on 5.

Has anyone been on a cruise with

all Reidel stemware,

the Blentique classes,

The Ripple Maker images in cappuccino,

the mixologist drinks in the Sky Lounge

and/or any mention of Dine Aware?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by chamima

Someone has commented on (and I believe posted a photo) a new drink menu in at least one of the sky lounges. I believe that the drinks all had an "astronomical" name. Wish I could remember more details for you.

There was a whole thread about Dine Aware recently. That should be an easy search to accomplish.

Have not seen any mention of the Ripple Maker.

There are 7 "innovations" mentioned in this article (2 posts above) from last August.

The only ones I've heard people comment on are the embarkation lunch in the MDR for Concierge, the new menu in Tuscan and Sushi on 5.

Has anyone been on a cruise with

all Reidel stemware,

the Blentique classes,

The Ripple Maker images in cappuccino,

the mixologist drinks in the Sky Lounge (Cruisestitch commented above)

and/or any mention of Dine Aware? (I've heard complaints about allergy needs still not being met but no one has actually commented that they've seen anything positive implemented)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So - anyone heard or experienced any of these promised innovations?

Hi, not sure if it's been posted before but noticed this new drinks menu in the sky lounge last night, it also has the drink packages info in it also 179662f3dd2e7616d03bac08ec947c9d.jpgf9f363cd47497e0f764dc142b6a212df.jpg21c456b6e909d02da6388205c8064149.jpg7dc77c3560f5abc903c55ce0184f5497.jpg20e9659c6c9e82c46a8d0ae1c0e51b2d.jpg2147cf8c6be015ade17d657b30526204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Google!!!!