live from the Caribbean princess-excellent!

tml1230

We have an entire year before we sail the BI on the Caribbean Princess. I can't wait to hear all about your time on her and her lovely ports of call. I also have a request for photos. We will have cabin E730 if you are anywhere near for some pics :)

I am so happy to read a good review of the Caribbean Princess. Hopefully most of her mechanical issues have been sorted out and dry dock in April will take care of other issues. I will tell you that we sailed the CB in 2011 and that experience kept us off of Princess for a few years......worst staff, worst ship for cleanliness, horrible mattress ....believe it are not we are not picky people:eek: My daughter and I sailed the CB again out of Houston, she lost a generator, thus we missed a port and then had weather issues and we missed Key West:rolleyes:but the ship was in good shape aesthetically and food was excellent.....so we booked her for a BI cruise in May. We too are in cabin E730

I noticed little cards in buffet area for the first time... on every table....i will paraphrase..." please don't sit here all day playing cards and reading when folks are looking for a place to sit and eat"...or words to that effect.

I love the Caribbean Princess and glad to hear that you are enjoying the cruise and the ship. I am really hoping that Princess will begin to use these cards on all the ships in the buffet area. My DH and I were on the Caribbean Princess in February/March and the Crown Princess for three weeks in April/May and people were literally camped out there all day. They would place their coats or personal items on a table and walk away or we even saw some park their elderly parent in a wheelchair at a table near a window and leave them there. We saw more than one person sleeping at the tables during the day. This became a real issue during peak meal times. It didn't matter if it was breakfast, lunch or dinner there were many times you could not find a table and if you asked to share they would say no they were expecting more people to join them. Many people complained to the crew but of course there was very little they could or would do. We will be back on the Crown soon and I would love to see these cards out on the tables in the buffet. They are becoming worse than than the pool chair hogs... During off peak times, of course it is a great place to sit and relax, read a book or play cards, but very selfish during meal times.

WOW, just wow.....the CP is outstanding....glad we didn't pay attention to some of the negative reports we read.....

we flew into London the same day as embarkation (which we never do but couldn't turn down EZ air price.....all was good with EZ Air

we have 26 cruises with Princess...this was by far the fastest embarkation ever.... in Southampton...

So far we have only have eaten at the buffet...some of best variety and quality ever....ship is in GREAT shape...still looking for all the "run down" parts....as usual staff is outstanding.

I noticed little cards in buffet area for the first time... on every table....i will paraphrase..." please don't sit here all day playing cards and reading when folks are looking for a place to sit and eat"...or words to that effect.

first time with the sip and sail program....after one day we put it to use pretty hard...best idea ever since they started putting pockets on T shirts.....

we got note in our room ...elite laundry may take 3 days due to all the elites on this cruise....i am sure this will generate calls and protests for a super secret "double special elite" status...

if you have a cruise on this ship planned, i really think you all enjoy it....sadly,we only have 28 more days left on this cruise.

Wow only 28 days to go I feel so bad for you:rolleyes:

Tony

ship is in GREAT shape...still looking for all the "run down" parts....as usual staff is outstanding.

You obviously arnt looking hard enough.

The 64th stanchion,opposite the door on deck 15,going into H.C

If you stretch out, do a double back-flip, and look, you will see a rust spot, the size of a penny.

Failing that you can borrow a magnifying glass from the Pursers desk.

Staff outstanding, how can this be so.

What about that dude that didn't smile once,at the right time,ive read about him.

Please enjoy the rest of your cruise,and let us know.:):)

Edited by mrs and mrs

ship is in GREAT shape...still looking for all the "run down" parts....as usual staff is outstanding.

If you stretch out, do a double back-flip, and look, you will see a rust spot, the size of a penny.

What about that dude that didn't smile once,at the right time,ive read about him.

Well said. More truth than not. We have yet to feel any Princess ship we have been on is run down and tired looking, whatever that means (the 64th stanchion not withstanding :)). Nor have we found at anytime, the majority, or even a small minority, of the crew less than cordial and usually they are outstanding.

I would say however that some of the passengers could use an attitude makeover. Perhaps they are the ones we hear so many negative comments from.

YMMV

Edited by ar1950

Well said. More truth than not. We have yet to feel any Princess ship we have been on is run down and tired looking, whatever that means (the 64th stanchion not withstanding :)). Nor have we found at anytime, the majority, or even a small minority, of the crew less than cordial and usually they are outstanding.

I would say however that some of the passengers could use an attitude makeover. Perhaps they are the ones we hear so many negative comments from.

YMMV

Well said ar 1950.

I'm not known for my deft at times,but I know what is right and what is wrong.

A ship is a living, breathing thing and requires constant maintenance. It has character, good and bad, even the bad is sometimes good when viewed in a different light. ;);)

A ship is a living, breathing thing and requires constant maintenance. It has character, good and bad, even the bad is sometimes good when viewed in a different light. ;);)

Consider an apartment complex on land with over 1500 apartments, several restaurants, a number of bars, some pools, etc.

One would expect some maintenance issues every day in such a complex.

The CB is an apartment complex like that, but moving around at sea.

Why would anybody expect there would be no maintenance issues over a week's time?

We did a 7 day cruise out of Houston on the Caribbean Princess and it was honestly one of our best cruises. We loved the ship and the staff. We can't wait to get back on board her again!

Enjoy your cruise,

We had a wonderful time on CB in June. The crew was outstanding. Yes, I think the cabins need updating but it's not a brand new ship so that should not be a surprise. I would sail on her again without hesitation.

WOW, just wow.....the CP is outstanding....glad we didn't pay attention to some of the negative reports we read.....

we flew into London the same day as embarkation (which we never do but couldn't turn down EZ air price.....all was good with EZ Air

we have 26 cruises with Princess...this was by far the fastest embarkation ever.... in Southampton...

So far we have only have eaten at the buffet...some of best variety and quality ever....ship is in GREAT shape...still looking for all the "run down" parts....as usual staff is outstanding.

first time with the sip and sail program....after one day we put it to use pretty hard...best idea ever since they started putting pockets on T shirts.....

we got note in our room ...elite laundry may take 3 days due to all the elites on this cruise....i am sure this will generate calls and protests for a super secret "double special elite" status...

if you have a cruise on this ship planned, i really think you all enjoy it....sadly,we only have 28 more days left on this cruise.

Thanks for the great feedback! Take good care of her...we'll be boarding in October!

Consider an apartment complex on land with over 1500 apartments, several restaurants, a number of bars, some pools, etc.

One would expect some maintenance issues every day in such a complex.

The CB is an apartment complex like that, but moving around at sea.

Why would anybody expect there would be no maintenance issues over a week's time?

Well what you have said is the point I'm trying to make,maybe I'm not coming across properly.:):)

You'll have a large contingency of CC cruisers joining you for the Caribbean Princess Transatlantic that sails on Sept. 5. Our Roll Call is the best, so I hope you come to our Meet & Greet, which is being held on Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016, 11-12:30 in Palm Dining Room. I'm packing now and can't wait! Does the cruise director plan a lot of activities? Thanks!

Well what you have said is the point I'm trying to make,maybe I'm not coming across properly.:):)

You are definitely coming off properly. Your point is an excellent one and caribill is simply echoing it. Put a large housing complex coupled with a commercial district in a salt water environment for the duration of its existence and issues will develop. Some require flyspecing to detect. Sometimes the issues will become obvious. If any of this is enough to make one say that they had a lousy cruise, then cruising may not be that person's best choice for vacationing. There are those who understand what a 99% occupancy rate and life on the ocean does to a ship, and those who don't. I don't pay much mind to the latter.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Such a nice post. We have a whole 375 days until we set sail on the CB from South Hampton for 27 days cruising to Ft. Lauderdale. Like you, we will arrive in South Hampton the day of departure. Wonderful to read that everything went so well. I really like the cards asking for no card playing, etc., in the buffet area. Did most seem to honor that request? Your post was a definite day brightener. Thanks! :)

We are currently on the CB as well and will be staying aboard on 9/5 for the 17 day sail to NYC. The S&S is great. The ship is in excellent shape, the crew is hard working and friendly and the food is great. We have been on the CB for 24 days in the last 12 months before boarding this cruise. The embarkation happened faster than we have ever had. We were on board by 11:45 AM!

The captain is Giorgio Pomata. I think we have the new mattress and pillows which have proved to be very comfortable. The CD is Billy Hygate. Total cruise this time will be 29 days, our longest yet.

We are currently on the CB as well and will be staying aboard on 9/5 for the 17 day sail to NYC. The S&S is great. The ship is in excellent shape, the crew is hard working and friendly and the food is great. We have been on the CB for 24 days in the last 12 months before boarding this cruise. The embarkation happened faster than we have ever had. We were on board by 11:45 AM!

The captain is Giorgio Pomata. I think we have the new mattress and pillows which have proved to be very comfortable. The CD is Billy Hygate. Total cruise this time will be 29 days, our longest yet.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post:)

I sure wish CC would put a "like" button at the bottom of the posts. Excellent post!