Online Check-in. Or not.

Barca-longa

It is almost a requirement now. You will save you A LOT of time. When you complete your online check-in you will be able to print your boarding passes and luggage tags.

You will also need the voucher, that's included in the documents, for Carnival transfers, if you have them.

When you check-in, just give them the boarding pass and your passport, or DL and Birth Certificate and you're ready to go.

If not you will either have to have your documents mailed to you or spend a lot of time at the check-in desk. If you book through a travel agent they can print your documents and send them to you. Note: Not all agents do this.

Actually, I don't even know if you can check-in with out documents.

Take care,

Mike

If I remember correctly, at Fort Lauderdale, we had to show our boarding pass to even get in to the building. We had FTTF and the guy then directed us to the right line.

I was right. I just did some checking and came across this:

Q: What do I need to do if I have already completed Online Check-In and printed my boarding pass?

A: Guests who have already completed their Online Check-In must re-visit us at http://www.carnival.com/Onlinecheckin to select their check-in window. If you do not select a window, one will be automaticallyassigned to you the morning of your cruise. You will be notified via email and will have the option to print or save your boarding pass to your mobile device. A boarding pass is required to gain access to the terminal.

I wasn't even aware that there was an option to not check in online beforehand. Imagine how much longer it would take everyone to get through the check in process at port if people don't do all of that work online prior to getting port. In my opinion, do everyone a favor, including yourself, and complete that information at home.

Edited by bakersdozen12

I was right. I just did some checking and came across this:

Q: What do I need to do if I have already completed Online Check-In and printed my boarding pass?

A: Guests who have already completed their Online Check-In must re-visit us at www.carnival.com/Onlinecheckin to select their check-in window. If you do not select a window, one will be automaticallyassigned to you the morning of your cruise. You will be notified via email and will have the option to print or save your boarding pass to your mobile device. A boarding pass is required to gain access to the terminal.

Your answer is yes and no. The question you are quoting pertains to ports with staggered check in. You need to show the time you selected to access the terminal.

As to others:

How do I get my boarding pass on the day of my cruise?

If you have not completed Online Check-In on the day of sailing, you will have the ability to print-out the embarkation forms. Simply select the option to 'Print Boarding Pass' and the required embarkation forms will be displayed. Print and complete the forms, then submit to the Embarkation Staff at the cruise terminal during check-in.

That being said, I don't know why anyone would not do online check in to speed up the entire process. You will need to print your forms anyway (and fill them in) so not having the information filled out already makes no sense. Anything missing will have to be entered at the time of check in at the port and slows you down, and the people waiting impatiently behind you!

Either way you are filling out, printing, and presenting! Make it easy on yourself.

Edited by Bookbug53

Your answer is yes and no. The question you are quoting pertains to ports with staggered check in. You need to show the time you selected to access the terminal.

You are right. By the looks of things, it won't be long before you will have to sign up for a check-in time at all ports. The OP will just come under the wire for not having to have the boarding pass in hand for their Miracle cruise, even though they should still do it online.

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Baltimore, Barcelona, Charleston, Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk.

Staggered Check-In will be rolling out in Long Beach, Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) and Mobile on the following dates:

Ship

Port

Date

Carnival Imagination

Long Beach

10/06/2016 onwards

Carnival Inspiration

Long Beach

10/07/2016 onwards

Carnival Miracle

Long Beach

10/08/2016 onwards

Carnival Conquest

Fort Lauderdale

10/09/2016 onwards

Carnival Fantasy

Mobile

11/09/2016 onwards

Edited by RWolver672

You do not have to give your passport and credit card online. Simply check 'birth certificate' and 'cash'. Easily changed at port. Do need your passport number of doing a cruise that is not closed loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

the new york terminal you do need the boarding pass to enter the terminal. its been like that forever .without the board pass, there is some kind of customer service window you go to where they check you off a list.

Instead of a boarding pass, you can show your invoice. As long as it has your name and sail date you're good to go. Know this because a friend forgot to print out their boarding pass so the TA emailed them another invoice.

AT NOLA last month they asked for our boarding pass to enter the terminal.

NOLA has staggered check in and requires you to show your check in time before entering the terminal. it is like this at all ports that have enacted staggered check in. Not all ports have it.

From Carnival:

Passengers are not required to use Online Check-in to submit information before they begin their cruise; the same information, which is required before boarding, can be provided over the telephone by calling 1-888-CARNIVAL or can be provided at the point of embarkation.

What I can tell you is if you don't do your online check in, you'll start getting automated calls from Carnival about a week before your cruise.

My brother had to get his families passports renewed (and they are required since we're Canadian) and left it right until the end. My phone number is attached to the cruise profile and I received a call each night starting on Sunday August 14 (exactly one week before embarkation) until we completed their online check in on Wednesday night.

They are serious about having everyone complete the online check in and selecting the check in time.

What I can tell you is if you don't do your online check in, you'll start getting automated calls from Carnival about a week before your cruise.

My brother had to get his families passports renewed (and they are required since we're Canadian) and left it right until the end. My phone number is attached to the cruise profile and I received a call each night starting on Sunday August 14 (exactly one week before embarkation) until we completed their online check in on Wednesday night.

They are serious about having everyone complete the online check in and selecting the check in time.

I can see where this might happen if you are required to have a passport. I have completed mine just a couple of days before sailing and have never received a call.

You are right. By the looks of things, it won't be long before you will have to sign up for a check-in time at all ports. The OP will just come under the wire for not having to have the boarding pass in hand for their Miracle cruise, even though they should still do it online.

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Baltimore, Barcelona, Charleston, Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk.

Staggered Check-In will be rolling out in Long Beach, Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) and Mobile on the following dates:

Ship

Port

Date

Carnival Imagination

Long Beach

10/06/2016 onwards

Carnival Inspiration

Long Beach

10/07/2016 onwards

Carnival Miracle

Long Beach

10/08/2016 onwards

Carnival Conquest

Fort Lauderdale

10/09/2016 onwards

Carnival Fantasy

Mobile

11/09/2016 onwards

Where did you find the actual dates for rollout? I know Port Canaveral is going to it, but have not found out when that will happen. Of course, we are still early for our October 2017 cruise on the Magic, but I like to get things done as soon as I can.

Where did you find the actual dates for rollout? I know Port Canaveral is going to it, but have not found out when that will happen. Of course, we are still early for our October 2017 cruise on the Magic, but I like to get things done as soon as I can.

carnival faq page: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180

New York has no checkin times showing on my on line summary. On my boarding pass it just says EMBARKATION: 1PM-3PM. There is nowhere on the online checkin to pick any checkin times.

Am I missing something here?

that is normal, everyone has the same checkin time. in all of my carnival cruises out NY, my edocs has the same time.

Checkin begins around 11am, and embarkation is usually around 11:30-12