7 PM Departure?

smurf1635

The Escape has been sailing at 7 P.M. for a number of cruises now.

Actually, since late July through early September, the Escape went back to it's usually 400 pm departure because the Getaway was in Rio for the Olympics and the Escape did alternating 6 and 8 day cruises. The 7 pm departure originally came about so European travelers could land around noon to 200 and still comfortably make sailaway.

I just realized while printing my cruise docs, that our departure is at 7 PM. Isn't that odd for a Caribbean cruise from Miami?

At least I feel better about my 2:30 time slot for boarding....

I was wondering- do you have to stick to your boarding time in general or can you go earlier?

I was wondering- do you have to stick to your boarding time in general or can you go earlier?

Go whenever you choose. They'll start check in around 10:30 and boarding will begin around 11:30. Most people seem to show up between 11:30 and 1.

The 7 pm departure started on May 7 - July 16 and continues September 3 through end of year. The letter sent out offered no reason.

The reason was already posted above - so European passengers can fly in on the same day. Several other ships and lines are starting to do similar things.

The reason was already posted above - so European passengers can fly in on the same day. Several other ships and lines are starting to do similar things.

So, that has never been published by NCL. In fact, using the earlier time slot while the Getaway was in Rio, peak summer travel time for US and Eripean travel, makes that rational less reasonable. Do you agree? They would have left the 7 pm all year if it was really to allow US and European travelers more access to same day travel. I got an official letter from NCL. Did you?

Edited by BirdTravels

So, that has never been published by NCL. In fact, using the earlier time slot while the Getaway was in Rio, peak summer travel time for US and Eripean travel, makes that rational less reasonable. Do you agree? They would have left the 7 pm all year if it was really to allow US and European travelers more access to same day travel. I got an official letter from NCL. Did you?

Yes, when I sailed on her in May. This is old news: Click here

Also, from NCL's German page:

Original: Click here

Translated: Click here