Favourite meals

Adelen

What are your favourite meals in the main dining room (Opus)- I'd love to have recommendations!

Or is there something you love from the Oceanview Cafe buffet or AquaSpa Cafe?

Not planning to dine (except maybe once) in specialty restaurants so would love a heads up on the best free choices!

So free choices as I understand it are: Opus, Oceanview Cafe and AquaSpa Cafe? Is Mast Grill free?

And as we have premium drinks package we can also get coffee free from Cafe al Bacio? (or does this also include snacks from here)

Where could I find a link to menus from Opus or AquaSpa Cafe?

Most cruises we really enjoy a curry night mid cruise! There is a point of fine dining exhaustion!

We have done this in the MDR (we ask our waiter the night before if it is possible), in Oceanview and when cruising in a suite our butler has sorted it out as an in room dining option. The nicest thing about both the MDR and in suite option was we were asked about our taste preferences but then our meals were 'chosen' for us. Really tasty too!

I don't know if we have been 'lucky' with our MDR waiters and butlers being so accommodating or if this is something lots of other guests request too.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes the Mast Grill is free and so are all the pastries at Café Bacio

As for favourite foods I have seen a few threads about this and we all have different taste. The first answer you got was about great curry dishes.. I don't even want to sit beside a person eating curry as

I even hate the smell..... so you will get a lot of answers and what one loves another one doesn't

I absolutely loved the lamb shank on our Eclipse cruise and was extremely disappointed that it was not offered on our Reflection cruise. I was not expecting the menus to be so different. Looking forward to my lamb shank on our upcoming Eclipse cruise. Also, the Aspen coffee in Cafe al Bacio.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Room service: coffee and Danish (to give you energy to get to the buffet:))

Oceanview Breakfast: waffles, made to order eggs, and those broiled tomatoes, yum!

Mast Grill: good burgers and dogs, fries, too!

Al Bacio: coffees, snacks, desserts, and the IGLOO!

MDR: Classics, escargot, creme brulee

My wife loves the everyday Caesar Salad and Chocolate cake available in the MDR - I think she could live off that!

Some that stand out for me - the Onion soup is very good, Steak Diane, Prime Rib (on the Eclipse with the English trimmings - Yorkshire Pudding) and the Cerviche.

We find occasionally asking for extra Veg (potatoes, carrots, green beans (there's never any shortage of those) and French fries helps- sometimes (but not always) some of the dishes in the MDR are small - the scallop starter is exactly that - one scallop!

The only night we don't like in the MDR is Top Chef. The TV Show tie-in means nothing to us in the UK and the food is poor in comparison to other nights - we are determined this year to dine elsewhere that night.

Some people rave about the mast grill - it's fine, but they're a long way from the finest burgers you'll ever find (Five Guys takes that award for me).

We like the food in buffet - we can always find something we like, often too much we like. In the evening it is a lot less busy than the MDR and makes for a nice relaxed change, at other times of day it can be busy but we've always been able to find somewhere to sit (we often take a snack back to our sun lounger). The one thing my wife and I always struggle with in buffets is getting our searching, serving, eating synched up - I might be finishing a salad and ready to go back for a main just as my wife is sitting down with her stir fry and so on

Can't wait to find out what the IGLOO is! On Reflection in 20 days!

Another vote here for the IGLOO......it's a version of a frappe. And I HAVE to have the cream on top. YUMMO and counting down the days till Oct cruise to have my IGLOO. Just not the same at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can't wait to find out what the IGLOO is! On Reflection in 20 days!

Igloo is a frozen ice cappuccino. Really good. But an Affagato......scoop of gelato ice cream served in a martini glass, with a shot of expresso coffee over it and drizzled with chocolate syrup. Nothing like it after getting back on board after a hot/long shore excursion.

MDR - French onion soup is fantastic and is on the "standard menu" every night. Beef wellington is a favorite and the daily fish entrees are great, beautifully cooked fish.

Oceanview buffet - Love the tortillas and nachos. Pick up the "shells", pile up all the fixings onto a plate, bring back to your table and fill up your shells as you like it.

Can go on and on, but its only making me look "hungrily" to our next cruise in 45 days..........