Drinks package NO water included

Suzez

That is correct if you are from Europe!

We have booked our first cruise with MSC for next year and I am researching everything at the moment.

I had heard from friends who cruised with them about 4 years ago that water was not included at dinner. In my research I found a reference from August 2015 water was provided free to guests from America and Canada but Europeans had to pay. I can't post a link as it was not directly from the MSC site but if you Google the question "is water provided at dinner on MSC ".

Apparently , from a thread in 2014 , when Americans and Canadians check in they get a voucher booklet for bottled water to present at dinner to their waiter.

I haven't managed to find out yet exactly how much a bottle of water is at dinner.

More research ,lol :) It is all very confusing and contradictory. We do not want a drinks package either.

Heather, this is what I am lead to believe.

Water is included , except the water in your cabin.

In Europe water at meal times is served by the bottle, still or sparkling

It also available at all the bars.

here is the current info

Pete

Hi Pete, I have seen this package. MSC are a bit naughty, no mention of water included. I wonder if it is or it isnt. Maybe they decide on the day!

Water is included in the Allegrissimo (from next Summer will be known as All-inclusive Restaurant & Bar) drinks package. Your waiter will bring bottles to the table to pour into glasses. Then usually they're stored in a nearby ice-bucket to be kept cool.

Water is included in the Allegrissimo (from next Summer will be known as All-inclusive Restaurant & Bar) drinks package. Your waiter will bring bottles to the table to pour into glasses. Then usually they're stored in a nearby ice-bucket to be kept cool.

Thank you, even on sailing in Europe from Southampton?

Just disembarked Splendida in Genoa this morning from Southampton.

Hopefully this will clear up a couple of questions.

Water is offered by the bottle (large) at dinner, current price €2.60. If it is included in your drinks package you will receive a receipt to sign showing the charge and then a credit of the same amount with a total of €0.00.

If you purchase a drinks package on board (or upgrade to Allegrissimo Premium as we did), you will be charged 15% gratuity.

As we had the standard Allegrissimo package included in the cruise fare we considered the upgrade worthwhile, and boy was it in our opinion as the number of items we like which had the red asterisk next to the price on menus (meaning they were not included in the basic package) meant we would have struggled without the upgrade. I know we will be upgrading for our next Dubai sailing in March 2017.

Even so, at €44 per person per day, I can safely say that had we purchased the premium package at full price prior to boarding (€616 for 2 of us) we would still have saved loads of euros.

Edited by peteukmcr

How about if you choose the Aurea experience? Is that the premium package or would we have to pay to upgrade. The TA we are booking with (UK) tells me that the £20 package only applies for Med cruises and that the Caribbean cruises cost £34 pp per day. That makes it worthwhile to go for Aurea rather than Fantastica and add on an extra £68 per day. Anyone have any comments on this? Its hard to judge when a TA tells you something you have not heard before.

How about if you choose the Aurea experience? Is that the premium package or would we have to pay to upgrade. The TA we are booking with (UK) tells me that the £20 package only applies for Med cruises and that the Caribbean cruises cost £34 pp per day. That makes it worthwhile to go for Aurea rather than Fantastica and add on an extra £68 per day. Anyone have any comments on this? Its hard to judge when a TA tells you something you have not heard before.

We decided to upgrade experience to Aurea on Divina in Dec. The 'more for less' package which is included plus better deck/cabin/spa perks made this a better deal for us. Also it appears that beers/wines are included 'up to a value of' on these US sailings rather than a choice of 'selected' offerings which on previous Med/UAE sailings we have not liked at all!

A previous poster added links to images of bar menus and a blog on the drinks offerings on Divina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

0caac863424cfc47f7f465005aee748c.jpg

Hi Peteukmcr,

Thanks for the menus, I'm sure we will have a lovely time at the Piazza.

Do you by any chance know if the prapaid coffee package includes any of the Coffee Temptations?

I'm not sure, but this explained the coffee 'cuddle' package. Not sure it helps. As the cruise started in Hamburg, most flyers were in German and this was the only one I found by pure chance whilst having a huge piece of sour cherry cake and a coffee!

88fb86cdf7f2bbdf27c02c322b632d6e.jpg

a44e8b89ab575dbdb7565e11e50d0ec6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that's the one I'm considering, and by the discription we know that includes the basic, but don't know what they mean by coffee delights...

My... My... That's what I'm talking about when I say we'll have a lovely time in the Piazza, your picture says it ALL!

MSC has the best coffee and gelato of the sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clear this up in my crazy mind. If I eat i the main dining room and I havent purchased any type of drink package, will I have the option of a free beverage of any type? Tap water, ice tea, juice, coffee? I just came off of the Divina. I am assuming that the buffet beverage area on the Splendida is the same, free water, juice, tea, coffee.

I dont need any type of fizzy water or special $18 bottle of Swiss Alps Glacier Water, I just want to be able to wash my food down with something wet. Is this possible in the MDR without paying?