Cruise quotes from different countries

We had booked a trans Pacific directly with Princess in 2018, and being a bit peeved that we couldn't get the drinks package offered to our US friends, asked two TAs in the US for quotes. Turns out they can now book for Princess and HAL with a $US100 booking fee, plus we could get the Sip n Sail Promotion.

Did the costings and taking into account we are not big drinkers, decided this time to leave the booking with Princess Australia. The prices were very similar. Didn't go into it, but the Military Benefit for the US has different criteria. As we are both eligible it was a big hunk of OBC to possibly lose.

I think it will be a worthwhile exercise in the future to get extra quotes, especially for US-based cruises like the Caribbean and Alaska.

Also European cruises.

I've booked a Med cruise for next year through a US TA. I couldn't use my FCC so lost $250 OBC but will probably save close to $3000 with the Sip and Sail included - depending on how the exchange rate is at final payment.

..and the BEST deal is not always the cheapest....;)

Exactly right.

i.e. One person may want a Beverage package included while another may want OBC, while another still may want the cheaper base price with nothing included.:D

We had booked a trans Pacific directly with Princess in 2018, and being a bit peeved that we couldn't get the drinks package offered to our US friends, asked two TAs in the US for quotes. Turns out they can now book for Princess and HAL with a $US100 booking fee, plus we could get the Sip n Sail Promotion.

Did the costings and taking into account we are not big drinkers, decided this time to leave the booking with Princess Australia. The prices were very similar. Didn't go into it, but the Military Benefit for the US has different criteria. As we are both eligible it was a big hunk of OBC to possibly lose.

I think it will be a worthwhile exercise in the future to get extra quotes, especially for US-based cruises like the Caribbean and Alaska.

Did you qualify for the military benefit it is available for both Kiwis and Aussies as well. Once they have your details $250 OBC is credited automatically to current and future bookings

There's a thread over on the Princess board that says you can get OBC in lieu of sip and sail.

Link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2395148