Set Dining Times

Mscruisin

I just booked a cruise today and checked off set dining instead of "as you wish" dining. I was never given my choice of dining times. The reservation confirmation shows set dining but no specific time. I was hoping for the late seating. Do they assign your time later? Do I need to call them?

Call them. We always make sure they know we want a table for two at the late (main?) setting. It is my understanding the early dining is more popular. Since we always have the later setting (main?) we more often than not see empty tables at that time, so you should be able to get this.

Best thing to do if you do not get this cleared up before you depart is to go to the "Explorers Lounge" right after you embark the ship (not to be confused with the "Explorations Cafe") where the maitre d' can take any dining arrangement requests and try to work them out for you.

If they can not do this right away when you embark, they will leave a note at your cabin with any changes noted. And it all else fails, wait a few days and see if new openings occur at your desired time, as some make changes after the fact about their pre-selected dining time choices.

Hope you get what you want. Late (main?) seating in the Upper Dining Room is a lovely affair - not rushed, no lines to get into the dining room and a nice way to get to know those at your neighboring tables.

Take another look and what they said. They don't say a time, but one will be "early" and one will be "main".

If it's not clear definitely call.

and enjoy your cruise :)

• 10 months later...
Main dining on most ships is 8 PM while on a few ships it is 7:45.

Does anyone know what time early dining is on Koningsdam? Specifically when in the Med or on a Transatlantic....also is it possible to request AND receive a table for two?

Does anyone know what time early dining is on Koningsdam? Specifically when in the Med or on a Transatlantic....also is it possible to request AND receive a table for two?

Early dining can be 5:15, 5:30, or 5:45, depending on the cruise. You can always request a table for two through your TA or HAL Personal Cruise Consultant.

Early dining can be 5:15, 5:30, or 5:45, depending on the cruise. You can always request a table for two through your TA or HAL Personal Cruise Consultant.

Thanks.....a bit too early for us....guess we'll stay with open seating and hope we can sit in same area with same wait staff....based on our last cruise with HAL that might be difficult...

Thanks.....a bit too early for us....guess we'll stay with open seating and hope we can sit in same area with same wait staff....based on our last cruise with HAL that might be difficult...

I would not bank getting the same area each night with open seating. We do open nowadays and even arriving at the approximately the same time each evening, we have been spread all over the dining room.

Cheers,

I would not bank getting the same area each night with open seating. We do open nowadays and even arriving at the approximately the same time each evening, we have been spread all over the dining room.

Cheers,

Fellow cruisers have done it. They just reserved and kept the same table and waiters for the entire cruise ;)