Book platinum dining in advance?

edawn

YES, you will each receive a voucher for either Le Bistro or La Cucina. Yes, each time you use a voucher you will be able to get a (select menu) bottle of wine. And, yes, there should be a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom, as well.

While we are at it... don't forget you may EACH fill a laundry bag (FREE), which you will need to lable "Platinum."

Wow awesome! Im excited now lol

thanks

That is exactly what they have done. Moderno is now $25 and excluded from the platinum meal offer.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

I just saw that on MyNCL when I was looking over the available specialty restaurants on the NCL Star. Bummer!! I loved the "Seafood Chowder" at the salad bar in Moderno!

Tom K.

For my next cruise I have the old UDP and I am now Platinum. I have heard that you can go in and show your certificate to get the wine but tell them your "eating" from the UDP so you can order whatever you like. I read a thread somewhere that says this is no problem and others said the folks in the restaurants didn't know how to handle it. Anyone do this ??

We were able to do this on Breakaway in May. We told them we all had the UDP and just wanted to use the certificate for the wine. It was no problem.

We were able to do this on Breakaway in May. We told them we all had the UDP and just wanted to use the certificate for the wine. It was no problem.

Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what most people have said but on our POA trip in March, they would not let us use UDP and just the Plat. cert. for the wine.

Can you get a bottle of wine with the Platinum benefit, take the unopened bottle back to cabin, AND order a drink/glass of wine if you have the UBP?

Yes, I know it is a greedy question but we may want something different to drink with dinner.

Can you get a bottle of wine with the Platinum benefit, take the unopened bottle back to cabin, AND order a drink/glass of wine if you have the UBP? ...

Yes, you sure can do that. Just a matter of informing your waiter/waitress to not open it and you will be taking it with you toward the end of dinner.

We used both of our certificate on the first evening as we invited our friends to dine with us, so we walked back to our cabin with 2 unopened bottles in hand ... pictured here >>>

386dfb171d9622421374fa25f0525ee1.jpg

Here's the chocolate-dipped strawberries, 4 pieces nowadays (downsized from 8+ before) as the Welcome Abroad for being Platinum, one per stateroom, just like the bubbling wine.

34086c7b7d34a7326236d19ace74c6ba.jpg

Edited by mking8288

That is what most people have said but on our POA trip in March, they would not let us use UDP and just the Plat. cert. for the wine.

Well I'll be on the Pearl in few months with UDP and Platinum and if they try that junk with me I'll do the old Jack Nicholson routine in Five Easy Pieces when he wants an omelet with a side order of toast and the waitress tells him they don't do side orders,,,so he orders an omelet ...with a chicken salad sandwich on toast with no lettuce, tomato or mayo....and by the way ...hold the chicken...

I'd sit down order a bottle of wine on my Platinum Certificate then get the check....then tell the waiter lets start over again on the UDP !!

Can you get a bottle of wine with the Platinum benefit, take the unopened bottle back to cabin, AND order a drink/glass of wine if you have the UBP?

Yes, I know it is a greedy question but we may want something different to drink with dinner.

Yes, as stated earlier that is exactly what I do.

You then have the wine in your room, which helps with the biggest issue for us with the UBP, being that you have to keep going to the bar if you are having a drink whilst sitting on your balcony.

Well I'll be on the Pearl in few months with UDP and Platinum and if they try that junk with me I'll do the old Jack Nicholson routine in Five Easy Pieces when he wants an omelet with a side order of toast and the waitress tells him they don't do side orders,,,so he orders an omelet ...with a chicken salad sandwich on toast with no lettuce, tomato or mayo....and by the way ...hold the chicken...

I'd sit down order a bottle of wine on my Platinum Certificate then get the check....then tell the waiter lets start over again on the UDP !!

I like that idea. I think I've only heard one other person mention it whereas most others seem not to have a problem. I did question the waiter about it and suggested he need to get a supervisor over to discuss which he never did. I finally let myself believe I was on DCL and just let that song "Let it Go.." run through my head. It wasn't worth the aggravation.