Sirena cabin?

robandlil

you could try for 6033 & the one opposite they have the small boat in front of the window so you may get more light than the others

do not sleep with you curtains open or you may find visitor watching you in the morning ;)

What kind of visitor? crew

So you think the small lifeboat is better then between lifeboats?

Port or starboard?

I have not stayed in one but my friend was in one that had the window inbetween the lifeboats ..you do get some light but the small inflatable does not block as much light as a lifeboat so makes more sense to go with the more light ...no?

as for port or starboard ...pick one it does not make any difference

Edited by LHT28

Save even more go for an inside, first they are some 25 sq ft larger, there is nothing to see anyway except lifeboats.... and getting one foward by the foward stairs/elevator is a perfect location to zip to Horizons for view, or to the pool

Want to see out? Turn on the TV to view from the bridge.... wonderful .

On the R class like Siena, you either want to be in a PH or an Inside the cabins ocean view and veranda are all small many smaller ot the same size as an inside... So save some money get a larger cabin in a better location

We have had an E before and while smaller it is still ok. What I don't like is the lack of a sofa. It makes it more difficult to get comfortable if you want to have a drink or chat whilst in the cabin. There is plenty of light in the cabin and there are a couple that are between lifeboats so the view is not as obstructed as others. We won't choose this category again.

Having said that I have to agree with Hawaiidan - the inside seems like a better option cost wise and for size.'

I considered E to have some kind of idea whether it was night or day out, rainy or sunny. But, I hadn't realized I'd be giving up so much space. On an 18 night cruise, a sofa seems necessary.

Does anyone have a picture of what the view would be (or not) from an EWindow?

We booked 6030 behind the small lifeboat, but it can be changed of course.

TIA

I also need to see daylight can you get a "D" or a "C" ?

they are usually not much more $$ but more space for sure

I have done an inside on another line & sorry the tv on just not cut it for me I need real outside light ;)

Question? Been in an E years ago and realize that there's no sofa. But can't remember if there's a chair or anything....vaguely recall a small table and chair almost like a desk. Have an inside guarantee and previous E stateroom was an upgrade from that so hoping we get the inside. But is there anything else for sitting/relaxing besides the bed?

The ocean view without the obstruction is $1000 more.! The inside with sofa and no porthole is $400 less.

Personal choice for sure

I looked at your sailing Cat D is $400 pp more than Cat E

surely it would be worth that to have some day light

You have more than a year to save up the difference in price

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/miami-to-buenos-aires-SIR180210A/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2018%7C02%23destinations%3Dgrandvoyages%23ships%3DSIR%23cruiseLengths%3DOverTwentyTwo

E with it's obstructed view is small. No sofa, just a bistro table and chair.

We ended up going inside, F, no window, but extra room with a sofa and chair for lounging. Ended up being almost $500 less then E because apparently the prices went down since yesterday and we're still getting the $1000 obc.

We did a sofa vs. window discussion for an hour. Only you can decide.

E with it's obstructed view is small. No sofa, just a bistro table and chair.

We ended up going inside, F, no window, but extra room with a sofa and chair for lounging. Ended up being almost $500 less then E because apparently the prices went down since yesterday and we're still getting the $1000 obc.

We did a sofa vs. window discussion for an hour. Only you can decide.

Only you can decide.... Personaly I only use my cabin to store clothes, take a shower and sleep/......from Dawn to dusk I am pout and about, There is no veranda to sot on, no view except orange lifeboats and the morning light , even with curtains blast in... you get light alright too much too soon.

Having no windows in is really only psychological... The Tv works just fine, and the big bonus on an inside is you get super comfortable restful sleep. not as possible with and outside... Alaska is one place where the inside has a real advantage as its light for 18 to 20 hour s a day in summer..

You cant entertain in either ocean view or inside or lounge... and the view cabin is way smaller...less storage in fact the smallest cabin on the ship.

Me Id rather compromise and have $2000 in my pocket, stay on the same deck as the Penthouse folks and the best access/position on the ship....

Definitely agree with you, so we will be going with an inside cabin.

You implied we should go on deck 8 near the penthouse suites. I initially thought the same. But my TA pointed out that youre below the pool on deck 8 and suggested we go to an inside on deck 7 to be between two decks of cabins.

Any experience or thoughts on this?

If the price goes down again we may consider the porthole cabins on deck 3, iDK, maybe.

I met a cruiser on Sirena who is a single woman who was in E-class. She hated it, because she said that the boats create lots of noise early in the morning since they're used by the crew. She also felt a lack of privacy due to this. She much prefers inside cabins. I did peek into a deck 7 inside while it was being cleaned and it seemed quite nice.

I had recommended the E cabin to a single female friend who just couldn't afford the single supplement for a veranda. The woman I met was in the same situation, but said she wouldn't take a guarantee cabin again (which is how she ended up in E) because she disliked the E cabins so much.

Perhaps a single female might have a different opinion than the more vocal male cruisers...

You implied we should go on deck 8 near the penthouse suites. I initially thought the same. But my TA pointed out that youre below the pool on deck 8 and suggested we go to an inside on deck 7 to be between two decks of cabins.

If the price goes down again we may consider the porthole cabins on deck 3, iDK, maybe.

We debated D, E & F for our upcoming cruise. Settled on F - stateroom 7066. Just down the hall from the self service laundry room too, which makes it easy to see if a machine is available. Two floors up to pool deck & Terrace Café, two floors down to Grand Dining room, Baristas and Cabaret. I think we will be very happy.

As an aside, this will be our first cruise in an inside stateroom and we think we will be just fine.

Joe

Lots of experience..... my favorite cabin is 7043 ..... are close 7040 and 8017 and 8036 8039 are good too

The access the comfort, the location is astounding better than many PH for location....

I am currently booked for a trippe back to back 37 days in one for the price of 14 days in a veranda !!! or 20, days in a Ocean view.... your agent is pretty correct

However, The 8017 and 8014 are under the smoking section and no furniture gets moved like further back on the pool deck ... same with 8036 8039 under waves so kitchen... so very quiet 7043 is GOLDEN

Edited by Hawaiidan

Lots of experience..... my favorite cabin is 7043 ..... are close 7040 and 8017 and 8036 8039 are good too

The access the comfort, the location is astounding better than many PH for location....

Hi Hawaiidan!

We were worried about our upcoming stateroom 8036. Thanks so very much for putting us @ ease! (whew!) g018.gif

Hi Hawaiidan!

We were worried about our upcoming stateroom 8036. Thanks so very much for putting us @ ease! (whew!) g018.gif

I am a practical cruiser....any cabin on a luxury level ship is outside the cabin all the same... Id rather cruise 70 to 80 days a year in insides on O than cruise 20 days a year in the PH or higher.

UAL....are you still working, I used to was a PSR at CLD and SAN, got an interview as a FO years back for 767 driver.. Phil Fields days.. with the old A and B scale... Still my choice on metal...UAL... in fact heading out to IAH and FRA/ZRH in a day or 2...

UAL....are you still working, I used to was a PSR at CLD and SAN, got an interview as a FO years back for 767 driver.. Phil Fields days.. with the old A and B scale... Still my choice on metal...UAL... in fact heading out to IAH and FRA/ZRH in a day or 2...

I retired in 2012 after 40 yrs of flyin' JFKSW. a040.gif OMG ... A and B scale! lololol Haven't heard that in a loooong time! Are you still working? Sounds like you commute to IAH.

This is our 1st time on O. The interline rate was unbelievable so we had to take it. $1,200 for 10-day NY-NY on 10/18 and NO FLYIN' to boot! The Interline price has since gone back up to $3,400. Do you also utilize the Interline rates?

I retired in 2012 after 40 yrs of flyin' JFKSW. a040.gif OMG ... A and B scale! lololol Haven't heard that in a loooong time! Are you still working? Sounds like you commute to IAH.

This is our 1st time on O. The interline rate was unbelievable so we had to take it. $1,200 for 10-day NY-NY on 10/18 and NO FLYIN' to boot! The Interline price has since gone back up to $3,400. Do you also utilize the Interline rates?

What are interline rates? Do you need to be in the airline industry or retired from it to utilize it?

We are flying UA home from our cruise. Hope to meet you on-board :)

Denise

No inteline, or nonrev I passed up the FO job as it was a 75% cut in pay... but I still have my cert from the schoolhouse DIA.in the 80's.... No , fat dumb and happy still fly my own but long for the days .

I run into a lot of UA drivers and thats enough now to reminisce .. I pay rev on stuff but have a good agent who gives me killer rebates.... and I give him good business. I just got a 10 day MIA MIA for 1350 with a 300 rebate so 1ooo... not bad and cut a downgrade for an 11K cruise to$450 for 17 day in a B1... Deals are out there and interline or not I can meet or beat , if you know the right people to book and rep.

Remember "GG.pillow-P" .....Taxi to position and hold.... Enjoy retiremet no Wolf at the door ( steven wolf that is)

No inteline, or nonrev I passed up the FO job as it was a 75% cut in pay.

I guess I was one of the guys that money never meant anything to me...I flew for the airlines for 37 years...flew the 767 as captain for a few years...loved that airplane, as I loved all the airplanes I flew...I can honestly say that I went through life without a job. :) ...I just wish I was as good at golf as I was flying airplanes!