Le Bistro Chocolate Fondue

ihopfar

How is the Chocolate Fondue for two at Le Bistro? Is it as good as it sounds?

What kind of fruit do they usually have for dipping?

Thanks!

Brad

[emoji39] Last year it included strawberries, bananas, grapes, pineapple & some type of pastry ball/puff. It's presented in a hollowed out pineapple half. It's pretty good if you like chocolate. I can't remember if it was milk or dark chocolate...I think it was dark. [emoji848]

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the best tips I read before my last cruise was to order the fondue and ice cream and pour the fondue over the ice cream. Oh so good!

Dang it....wish this would have been posted a few months ago! But I'm definitely trying this in December!

Are they filled with whipped cream or ice cream?

The ones in April were filled with ice cream. I was really disappointed in them since they'd evidently been prefilled and then kept in the freezer to keep the ice cream from melting. As a result the pastry was hard.

The ones I'd had last year, filled with whip cream, had light flaky pastry and were so good I'd had seconds.

Edited by NMLady

this looks like something our butler should be bringing us to the room to have a healthy snack..fruit is healthy, right? :)

Good idea! My husband probably wouldn't eat it but I could eat the whole thing. This way I can pig out in the privacy of our cabin!

It is very good - my son had our butler bring it to the cabin twice on our last cruise. Since we had the UDP on that trip there was no charge. This next trip we have the SDP so I guess we will see if there is a fee or not because I'm pretty sure he'll want to have it again.

I did sneak a few bites and I'm pretty sure it was dark chocolate.

Edited by xkritter

It is very good - my son had our butler bring it to the cabin twice on our last cruise. Since we had the UDP on that trip there was no charge. This next trip we have the SDP so I guess we will see if there is a fee or not because I'm pretty sure he'll want to have it again.

i've heard it's a crapshoot whether the butler charges it or not. i'm sure you are legally supposed to pay for it but.....:D

I know that we had a small charge for an extra Creme Brulee brought to our room one night, I think it was like 4.00 I know it was less than 5 for sure! We had the UDP BUT I dont believe we were charged for it , so slipped an extra bit for that to Gian

Edited by Diane123boys

It's been a while since we have sailed on NCL, we have the Platinum Latitudes 7 Day Ultimate Dining Package on our upcoming cruise. Is there a difference between what we have and the 7 day SDP or are they the same with different names?

Those are different things , you must have booked last year some time or earlier. I believe that allows you to go to any restaurant and have as much as you want ie entrees ( those are limited to 1 entree with the SDP) But I am sure someone on here will correct me =

Edited by Diane123boys