Staterooms near Elevators noisy ?

jotxl

Are the staterooms in immediate vicinity of elvators / stairs ok, or are they too noisy ?

My actual booking is 14268 at the ESCAPE...

Thanks for your answers :-)

Edited by jotxl

Are the staterooms in immediate vicinity of elvators / stairs ok, or are they too noisy ?

My actual booking is 14268 at the ESCAPE...

Thanks for your answers :-)

Not been in Escape, but always have a cabin, one or two from the lift Libby, never had a noise problem.

I have sailed over 10 cruises with staterooms near elevators and have never heard a sound. The only way you might hear something is if a large group of loud drunks got off and walked down the hall by your door.

Being near an elevator is naturally going to force more foot traffic past your cabin, and folks may or may not be 100% respectful at all hours of the day or night while they are waiting for their ride. Of course, loud talkers can be heard in ANY room.

Rooms in the middle of the hall will likely have less foot traffic, but are no guarantee of being noise-free.

You take a chance either way, as every cruise is different.

If there are kids running up and down the hallways it wont matter where your room is. :eek:

Another thing to consider....the only time our door decorations and note boards were damaged and taken was when we had the first room right near the elevators...but that could have been a coincidence.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!! :)

Another vote for "no problem" here. We almost always choose to be near the elevators. If the stateroom door is open, you may be able to hear the beeps and the announcements ("doors closing" etc.). Otherwise I don't think we have ever noticed any additional noise from the elevators.

Any cabin will be noisy if you have people running down the halls screaming. That usually doesn't happen. Most folks are quiet in the halls, so being near the elevator isn't an issue, and if it is, you'd have that same issue anywhere else. If any of that made sense.....

I always stay near the elevators if possible.

Agree. And especially on the away class ships that have no center elevators, I seek out cabins that are very near the elevators because I hate trouping down a long corridor, with cleaning carts and other things in the hallway, to get to my cabin. Never a problem with noise.

terry