Interesting site

Wow! Though looking at the Princess list, I would have thought it would have been higher given the average age group. Carnival leads the way.

Looks like its just an American list....theres no Australian or English ships.

Princess in Australia seems to attract the oldies in Oz , but not overseas.

We were told Princess average is a bit under 1 in 1000 each week.

Last year on our 34 day cruise we were up to eight when we got to Wellington, about four weeks in. They had been expecting a higher rate due to the AV age being over 70.

We were met by ambulances and/or morgue vehicles at every port.

I'm not sure if the 8 mentioned above included those who left the ship by ambulance and later passed, or only those who died on the ship.

I do not think the list is comprehensive at all. I have seen coroners vans at many ports for cruises I have been on and yet those cruises are not listed.

A doctor on one ship told me that on average, there is one per week for every ship and with what I have seen (Coroner's vans and the age/health of some passengers) I would be inclined to believe it.

I do not think the list is comprehensive at all. I have seen coroners vans at many ports for cruises I have been on and yet those cruises are not listed.

A doctor on one ship told me that on average, there is one per week for every ship and with what I have seen (Coroner's vans and the age/health of some passengers) I would be inclined to believe it.

Yep that's pretty much what we were told and increases in longer cruises.

My father cruised from Southhampton to Sydney (57 days) and they were told (don't know who by) that there were 13 deaths on that voyage. My father had said he saw a coroner's vehicle numerous times at different ports along the way. 13 in 8 weeks is above the so called 'average of one per week' but then some cruise may not have any in a week.

Edited by MicCanberra

My father cruised from Southhampton to Sydney (57 days) and they were told (don't know who by) that there were 13 deaths on that voyage. My father had said he saw a coroner's vehicle numerous times at different ports along the way. 13 in 8 weeks is above the so called 'average of one per week' but then some cruise may not have any in a week.

But getting close to the two a week I was told they plan for on longer cruises, where the average age goes up.

See, this is the kind of thing that brings out naysayers who claim cruising is only for the half dead! And yet, they're not that off the mark!

I disagree, I am of the opinion that you are either dead or you are not dead. For me, there is no half dead, although there may be some that only live half lives as they do not cruise.;)

Edited by MicCanberra

I found interesting. Cunard 1926,1932 type of death MURDER. And if you click on the name,it discusses the event.

That sort of thing.

Of course my eye was drawn to a certain event on an aus p&o cruise,which in my mind the line still hasent recovered from.

Yeah, there really are some interesting events in the mix, and a few interesting events missing as well.