Summit Departed Bermuda about 10 hours early

DFD1

BTW, disembarkation was crazy at the port with everyone coming and going at the same time but Bayonne was the best experience I have ever had for Embarkation and even with the mass confusion disembarking, still a good experience.

Good to know...I'm counting the days. :D

We did self disembark and it was a breeze probably because they stated 7:30 and the first passengers started leaving around 7am. We walked into the lounge, out the door and off the ship. Our longest line was for the garage elevator. We were in the car by 8am heading home.

Since then we have questioned how it might have been if all of the walk off people were in the lounge waiting to disembark and many got to the garage at the same time. Thee would have been lines at the machines to pay for parking as well as possible lines for the elevators.

I was on the Summit to Bermuda. We left a day early too. I got a refund of $15 pp port charges. Going we were told that we would speed up to get somebody to medical help. Ship was speeding so fast that it was hard to standup or walk. Seasick for the first time ever. It was awful. Got into Bermuda late Tuesday evening instead of Wed. morning. Wednesday we were told that all excursions scheduled for Thursday and Friday were being moved to Wednesday. We went on a glass bottom boat tour which we had booked for Wed. It was packed...way too many people. When we woke up on Thursday morning, we found a letter on our floor saying that the ship would leave on Thursday at 5 pm ( instead of Friday at 5pm)to avoid a potential storm. It was windy. We wanted to go to Hamilton. Only buses were going. Lines to board buses were very long. We gave up and just walked around the Dockyard. I went to Bermuda and never saw it. I have been to Bermuda many times. I was very upset that I wasn't able to get to Hamilton or St. Georges. I felt like I took a cruise to Dockyard. I will never take a cruise to Bermuda!!! I love Bermuda. Next time, I will fly in. Taking a cruise is always a risk of bad seas, skipped ports. etc. And, that storm that we were told we were going to avoid didn't happen. After last winter's Anthem of the Seas disaster, I can understand trying to avoid potentially bad seas. However, it ruined my vacation. Compensation? Read your contract. The cruise line can alter anything and give you nothing.

I was on the Summit to Bermuda. We left a day early too. I got a refund of $15 pp port charges. Going we were told that we would speed up to get somebody to medical help. Ship was speeding so fast that it was hard to standup or walk. Seasick for the first time ever. It was awful. Got into Bermuda late Tuesday evening instead of Wed. morning. Wednesday we were told that all excursions scheduled for Thursday and Friday were being moved to Wednesday. We went on a glass bottom boat tour which we had booked for Wed. It was packed...way too many people. When we woke up on Thursday morning, we found a letter on our floor saying that the ship would leave on Thursday at 5 pm ( instead of Friday at 5pm)to avoid a potential storm. It was windy. We wanted to go to Hamilton. Only buses were going. Lines to board buses were very long. We gave up and just walked around the Dockyard. I went to Bermuda and never saw it. I have been to Bermuda many times. I was very upset that I wasn't able to get to Hamilton or St. Georges. I felt like I took a cruise to Dockyard. I will never take a cruise to Bermuda!!! I love Bermuda. Next time, I will fly in. Taking a cruise is always a risk of bad seas, skipped ports. etc. And, that storm that we were told we were going to avoid didn't happen. After last winter's Anthem of the Seas disaster, I can understand trying to avoid potentially bad seas. However, it ruined my vacation. Compensation? Read your contract. The cruise line can alter anything and give you nothing.

"ruined your vacation"? Missing a single port day could hardly ruin a vacation, unless you don't really care to cruise. Otherwise, the total cruising experience should far outweigh a missed port day (especially since you didn't miss the port and had 2 days there). It's also not the cruises fault that excursions were re-scheduled. You may have experienced the same crowded conditions anyway. Same with the buses, which are hardly under the ship's control. When anyone vacations, you risk weather conditions or other circumstances that will combine to change your plans. Always best to accept these things and go with the flow. I am sure the sick passenger appreciated the rush to the hospital. I may have been a life saver.

Wow!!!:eek:

We did self disembark and it was a breeze probably because they stated 7:30 and the first passengers started leaving around 7am. We walked into the lounge, out the door and off the ship. Our longest line was for the garage elevator. We were in the car by 8am heading home.

Since then we have questioned how it might have been if all of the walk off people were in the lounge waiting to disembark and many got to the garage at the same time. Thee would have been lines at the machines to pay for parking as well as possible lines for the elevators.

We self embarked and were about tenth in line but everyone wanted to use the elevator at the port so we took the escalator and bypassed everyone on the elevators. We were first in line at 7:05 for customs and the agent cleared us through immediately, we went and paid our parking fee and were in our car by 7:15, no traffic at all around the port or on i78. Great experience.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sadly, the weather in Bermuda can always be a crap-shoot. Our Memorial Day cruise last year had great weather sailing into (and out of) Bermuda. But, we arrived to three solid days of horrible wind conditions. All water excursions were canceled, and folks who tried to go to the beach got sand-blasted. :eek: Even some of the regular ferries were canceled, due to the high winds. With two full ships (Summit and Breakaway) in port, you can just imagine how difficult it was to get out of Dockyard on the buses! I'm a glass half-full person, so I just look at that experience as a reason to take another cruise to Bermuda. :cool:

1) You are complaining because the ship went faster than you wanted because someone needed medical help and made you uncomfortable . If you were the person needing medical help, the rest of us can only hope that the ship slowed down so the rest of us were comfortable even if it meant that you would not make it.

2) The ship had to rearrange it's schedule because of a hurricane. Just as a matter of interest, why did you cruise during hurricane season. Can we also assume that if they stayed and had bad seas because of the hurricane, we would be reading a post from you complaining that they should have avoided the hurricane somehow because the high seas caused you to miss a meal due to the fact that you were seasick.

3) Your comment that the hurricane did not take the exact path that was predicted is ridiculous. Weather forecasting is not an exact science. Predicting hurricane paths is not an exact science. Almost everyone know that.

4) Why should you expect compensation for acts that are not caused by the cruise line. Were they responsible for the medical emergency? Were they responsible for the hurricane? Were they responsible for the fact that the hurricane did not take the expected path.

DON